It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jon Stewart Annihilates Republicans Who Oppose Occupy Wall Street

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+52 more 
posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Jon Stewart is at it again exposing political hypocrisy. In this video that aired on The Daily Show on 10/18, he shows how some of the very people who were calling for Americans to "rise up", "take back the country" and so on, are now publically expressing their opposition to the occupy protests which have now spread around the country. Enjoy:

Scorn in the U.S.A.
edit on 22-10-2011 by TupacShakur because:

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Jon Stewart is paticularly good at this. He is often spot on and halrious whith his comentarys.
reminds me of the short film about occupy and big Barry O. when he gave the speechs about egypt saying that the people are riseing up and fighting for ther democracy and how he suports them. comparing to occupyamerica the film is all over youtube search "i will not move"

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Sorry the video says Unavailable?

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jplaysguitar

Jon Stewart is paticularly good at this. He is often spot on and halrious whith his comentarys.
Yeah he always uses people's own words to make them look stupid which is great.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by GrimTroll

Hmm...maybe you don't have Adobe Flash Player? I just tried the link, and the video works fine for me.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Jon stewart is great I love when he makes stupid people who think they are smart look stupid...

It also does not work for me and my flash it just fine... all the videos look broken on my page.. Using google chrome

oh well its probably a conspiracy they dont want us to see this video next he will be dead

edit on 22-10-2011 by dc4lifeskater because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Maybe they are not in the US. Some countries will not show you a US link to youtube by my understanding. Just a thought.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Those d**n American workers, and voters, and seniors, and college Professors, and students, and parents and............They need to get a Neocon Globalist clue right now, or leave this country! America, hate it or leave it! Or something like that.
Now go out and shop so that Ron Paul won't win. We need to fight him there, before we fight him here. (Oval Office..)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I am using Windows XP sp2 with my flash player updated, works fine for me.

Jon Stewart gets to many young people and he does a good job using comedy and satire to make light of the horrors of our political reality. George Carlin was a master of this, Jon even has a YT video interview with Carlin that's worth a watch.

It seems like the TPTB don't even care how they appear to the awake and aware Americans anymore, nothing can stop their agendas in their minds. Are they right? So far it seems so, they are always planning 10 steps ahead of the rest of us based on our reactions.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

It seems like the TPTB don't even care how they appear to the awake and aware Americans anymore, nothing can stop their agendas in their minds.

They are legends in their own ill minds!

I don't believe they are so smart. They are scary. They always and forever have, banked on scary. And then Dorothy and the lion pulled back the curtain. (Got on the internet...)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saucerwench
reply to post by JibbyJedi

It seems like the TPTB don't even care how they appear to the awake and aware Americans anymore, nothing can stop their agendas in their minds.

They are legends in their own ill minds!

I don't believe they are so smart. They are scary. They always and forever have, banked on scary. And then Dorothy and the lion pulled back the curtain. (Got on the internet...)

Spot on! How many people do we both know that cower to anyone with a decent bank account? It's like they are intimidated by the power these people THINK they have. I personally act completely opposite of the people who kowtow around these nimrods, I call them out on things and they usually react as expected... condescending, ignorant, and with lots of false confidence. Take away their bank accounts, and watch these people cower like an unarmed police officer by himself confronting a black gang in the projects.

edit on 22-10-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur
Jon Stewart is at it again exposing political hypocrisy. In this video that aired on The Daily Show on 10/18, he shows how some of the very people who were calling for Americans to "rise up", "take back the country" and so on, are now publically expressing their opposition to the occupy protests which have now spread around the country.

It just goes to show you that stewart has no idea what he is talking about and only sees the light through his biased glasses.

Since I guess he is talking about the tea party, it really shows his ignorance or he is purposefully being disingenuous since the tea party and OWS really don't want the same thing. The tea party is about reducing the size of government, cutting burdensome regulations and lowering taxes to name just a few points. The flea party on the other hand want larger government, more government regulation & control and higher taxes to pay for it all.
edit on 10/22/2011 by WhatTheory because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

Sure, the tea party might disagree with them on ideology. But still, they were calling for Americans to "take to the streets" and stuff like that, and when people do it but for different reasons, they're characterized as "mobs". I think that is hypocritical.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

Jon Stewart is at it again exposing political hypocrisy. In this video that aired on The Daily Show on 10/18, he shows how some of the very people who were calling for Americans to "rise up", "take back the country" and so on, are now publically expressing their opposition to the occupy protests which have now spread around the country.

It just goes to show you that stewart has no idea what he is talking about and only sees the light through his biased glasses.

Since I guess he is talking about the tea party, it really shows his ignorance or he is purposefully being disingenuous since the tea party and OWS really don't want the same thing. The tea party is about reducing the size of government, cutting burdensome regulations and lowering taxes to name just a few points. The flea party on the other hand want larger government, more government regulation & control and higher taxes to pay for it all.

The people who he was showing clips of were calling for America to take its country back through democracy. Democracy is a show of representatives through numbers. When that happens, those very same people he showed are suddenly against democracy.

It's not his fault irony bit them in the asses.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
The problem is lack of true organization with Occupy Wall St and other occupy movements.

If they were doing what they started doing there would be no problem - protesting peacefully by sitting there being good boys and girls. The problem is now that multiple of thousands have flocked to the crowds, not all are restrained and disciplined to protest properly. That's what a lot of people who were Pro Occupy, are now upset about. Many people are dirty, they pee in the bushes, they do drugs, they litter all over the place etc.

That's the kind of thing people don't want to see in their neighborhoods and they should not have to. I knew this would happen. I said it in many posts. Whenever you get masses of people together like this with no hard rules on conduct and self discipline you get a slow steady decline to anarchy. Next step is violence.
edit on 23-10-2011 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

+10 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

Exactly. The tea party was a masochistic movement that called for more cuts to the services they use, bigger profits for corporations, and greatly reduced ability to deal with the problems they just gave themselves. It was a shell, a sham, a pro-corporate election campaign for a pack of nimrod half-apes who couldn't govern an ant farm, but just loved all those corporate perks and donations.

So when OWS comes along, spouting the opposite - corporate accountability, government responsibility, and the reinstitution if the progressive tax rates that kept our economy moving - the tea Party people are left flummoxed, flabbergasted, and angry. Doesn't help that OWS has been vastly more popular.

But hten what can you expect from people who were demanding greater profits, less liability, and more governmental control by corporations, but were naming themselves after the most famous act of anti-corporate sabotage and vandalism in US history?
edit on 23/10/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

The problem is lack of true organization with Occupy Wall St and other occupy movements.
The lack of leadership makes it truly democratic. If there was just one person or a group of people in charge, then maybe they could be corrupted/bought out. All of the people can have an opportunity to say what they want to the group, give whatever speech, idea for an event, etc.

If they were doing what they started doing there would be no problem - protesting peacefully by sitting there being good boys and girls. The problem is now that multiple of thousands have flocked to the crowds, not all are restrained and disciplined to protest properly.
True, we have a guy at occupykc who flipped off the news crew when they were filming live. People like that might make it look like a group of pissed off anarchists or something, but that's just one guy out of the hundreds.

That's what a lot of people who were Pro Occupy, are now upset about. Many people are dirty, they pee in the bushes, they do drugs, they litter all over the place etc.
Dirty, yes that wouldn't suprise me. Peeing in the bushes, well that's a little messed up but I wouldn't doubt it. At occupykc there are several porta-potty's set up, but IDK if those can be put up legally in all places. Littering, again I can only speak for occupykc, but whenever we march somewhere, we always clean up before we leave. It's really a lot more organized than one might think.

That's the kind of thing people don't want to see in their neighborhoods and they should not have to.
I don't think that's a fair description for all of the occupy protests though. There are dozens all over the country, naturally some will have more people and a higher ratio of clowns like the guy I described earlier who flipped off the news crew.

I knew this would happen. I said it in many posts. Whenever you get masses of people together like this with no hard rules on conduct and self discipline you get a slow steady decline to anarchy.
Nah I think you're overreacting.

Next step is violence.
With all of the police brutality going on lately, eventually one person might snap and attack a cop. That could possibly turn ugly depending on how the other cops/protesters reacted. Everybody has done a good job of keeping it peaceful though.
edit on 23-10-2011 by TupacShakur because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Jon Stewart is at it again exposing political hypocrisy.

It's too bad he never exposes his ow hypocrisy of the hypocrisy of the media that smeared and attacked the tea parties for several years. Stewart is a Democrat p[arty tool who is VERY selective about who he "exposes". I remember when Bush was president Stewart was asked about his singular focus on Republicans and his answer was, "Because they're the ones in charge". Funny how that logic went out the window when Democrats took control.

Of course Stewart loves OWS. They're left wingers, pushing for far left policy and helping Democrats stay in power.

reply to post by WhatTheory

Sure, the tea party might disagree with them on ideology. But still, they were calling for Americans to "take to the streets" and stuff like that, and when people do it but for different reasons, they're characterized as "mobs". I think that is hypocritical.

Were you living in a cave the last few years? Did you somehow miss the nightly news broadcasts about how racist, violent and extreme the tea parties were? Did you miss all the times when Stewart mocked the tea party?
edit on 23-10-2011 by Poopcube because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

So when OWS comes along, spouting the opposite - corporate accountability, government responsibility, and the reinstitution if the progressive tax rates that kept our economy moving - the tea Party people are left flummoxed, flabbergasted, and angry. Doesn't help that OWS has been vastly more popular.

OWS is doing anything BUT protesting the government. They're all Democrats voters who are doing their part to deflect blame from their guy since they're the ones in power. I've not seen any anti-Obama or anti-Democrat sentiment at these rallies. So please, spare me your lies.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrimTroll

Sorry the video says Unavailable?

Try this link
Scorn in the USA

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join