It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead Birds: Ontario

page: 1.
<<   2 >>

join
share:
DSO
+6 more 
posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Saw this on the news this evening.

The Ministry of Natural Resources is investigating after hundreds of birds and fish washed up on the shores of Georgian Bay near Wasaga Beach.

Police say that the wildlife is scattered along a nearly three-kilometre stretch north of Wasaga Beach.

"You just want to cry," resident Faye Ego told CTV Toronto.

Locals said they noticed some dead fish on the beach a few weeks ago and a few dead birds earlier in September.

"But now this is just multiplied," Ego said, adding that the situation is "absolutely devastating."

Ontario Provincial Police Const. Peter Leon said that the number of dead birds is estimated to be between 5,000 and 6,000.

Cindy Parkin, a resident of the area, said that answers are needed.

"I'd like to get it cleaned up and figure out what it is, too," Parkin said. "It's pretty scary."

Ministry of Natural Resources officials said that the deaths could be the result of botulism.

Botulism thrives in low oxygen environments often found in zebra mussel colonies.

The Ministry said that more testing needs to be done.

Source

Scary stuff. Ive never heard of botulism causing this sort of die off in birds before. Have to wait and see what they find, if they tell us at all...

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Here we go again... this stuff is for the birds.

I'm guessing it was inter-dimensional fireworks, if it's not botulism.

Proud to give a 5 year veteran member their 11th flag and 15th star. Don't post much I take it?
edit on 22-10-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Whoa...

From Wasaga up to Parry Sound? That's a lot of beachfront strewn with an immense number of dead birds.

This is a major die-off and very serious stuff, imo. Botulism due to Zebra Mussels? Just one more result of an invasive species getting into the water.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by DSO

Go and put geiger counter on birds massive radioactivity cover up,i live near there and have a geiger
counter go see for yourself,its not just on the beaches its everywhere.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by madjetxe
reply to post by DSO

Go and put geiger counter on birds massive radioactivity cover up,i live near there and have a geiger
counter go see for yourself,its not just on the beaches its everywhere.

So you're saying that you used a geiger counter on dead birds in that area? Can you make a video of the readings, or take a pic of the meter readings? THAT would be un-cover-up-able... is that a word?

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
As everyone knows, birds are migrating right now. This might be a little off topic but maybe not. Yesterday, I was watching the sky as lines of geese were on the move. But one batch (not sure if those were geese) started to fly really erratically. I was driving and couldn't take pictures but I even saw a few birds bumping into each other. It was really chaotic. I never saw something like this in my life.

And now this...

Something's up.

S&F.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DSO

We have the dead seals in Alaska with the "maybe unknown virus" with bleeding sores also.

theweek.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
If the smaller stuff is dying.... what does that mean for us?
This reminds me of a few months? ago when there was a similar bird problem.
Any ideas/theories as to what the cause could be? Because I am honestly at a loss.
This is just not good.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Woah that is a mass die offf!

That is crazy.

We are screwed.
edit on 22-10-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Oh so that explain the dead bird i saw right outside my door today !

its odd though because over my door is a balcony and you would have to come in on a steep angle to just fall outta the sky

i assume an animal brought it there perhaps the kitten

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Could it be a methane bubble coming up from some lake. I would be interested in finding out what path these birds were flying. And If there were any reports of unusual happenings at any lake in the area.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by DSO

i dont know if this has anything to do with it, but lately here in northeastern vermont, bout 15 miles from canada or ny, the birds have all been flying north...why is that?????

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
the salmon run is just ending in that part of country, and they have migrated from all over lake huron into the rivers to spawn.

most likely these birds have been feeding on the mercury, lead filled and possibly radioactive carcases of dead salmon that just finished spawning and washed up on the shore.

they never had a chance.

of course the ministry of wildlife and game will never publish the results because, believe it or not, people eat salmon caught in the cesspools that the great lakes have become.

edit on 23-10-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Oh come now. My husband and I are fisherman and I can tell you that the great lakes have come a long way, Yes true that there was alot of pollution at one time, and still is an issue. but we have come a long way since the 70's.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I just wanted to state a possible coincidence, or happening. Do you remember some months back when all those birds were falling from the sky in all different places around the World? It was around the same time that I was hearing a lot of chatter about HAARP. And then shortly after that- the Earthquakes in Christchurch NZ happened, and then Japan. I have no documentation of anything, I'm just feeling that more is coming. If more reports of dead fish and birds begin to flood the internet again, I would be looking at seismologist type chatter. Just saying.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by dissident1987
I just wanted to state a possible coincidence, or happening. Do you remember some months back when all those birds were falling from the sky in all different places around the World? It was around the same time that I was hearing a lot of chatter about HAARP. And then shortly after that- the Earthquakes in Christchurch NZ happened, and then Japan. I have no documentation of anything, I'm just feeling that more is coming. If more reports of dead fish and birds begin to flood the internet again, I would be looking at seismologist type chatter. Just saying.

This post gave me a chill. Turkey just had a 7.2 earthquake. I would love to know what happens to birds and fish to muddle their direction right before earthquakes.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Catatonic

The sky had like a rainbow in it yesterday but it was in the shape of a rectangle...I had 1 dead robin....No cat bites or wounds,i was think that evil did it

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
This is the most important part of the entire article:

The Ministry said that more testing needs to be done.

But will they be done?

We can speculate all day long, but these mass deaths need to be examined more closely and the proper tests need to be done.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Here is another recent account of birds falling out of the sky in Myrtle Beach on October 21st. I wonder if it is connected. It sure seems to be happening a lot lately.

edit on 23-10-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
If birds are losing their sense of direction, and maybe the fish also, might that not have something to do with the magnetic field of the earth. So many changes have been going on with the earth that this might be a potential source.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join