It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My dad believes that the Constitution is just fine without the Second Amendment

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by adeclerk

I'm suggesting nothing of the sort. It's one of many.

As for the other? Once one goes, who says another won't follow? You? Hardly seems likely since you seem to support doing away with one. So... which is next? Surely you've a favorite one you'd like to see go down...

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sorgmodig

Well friend, you'd do it the european way, beg for mercy and cry like a little girl hoping the crackhead doesn't rape your sister mother and wife before slaughtering ya'll.. Guns are evil!

See... This is why the rest of the world hates the USA.

There are other threads to wine about this

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
I'm suggesting nothing of the sort. It's one of many.

So why even say it is a reason that the constitution is enforceable, when you're admitting that the second amendment isn't necessary?

Originally posted by seagull
As for the other? Once one goes, who says another won't follow? You? Hardly seems likely since you seem to support doing away with one. So... which is next? Surely you've a favorite one you'd like to see go down...

...Assuming that I want to do away with the second amendment, which I've never stated. I don't really have an issue with the second amendment, given the terrorist tactics of the American Revolution, I can understand why the framers would put such a provision in the constitution.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
Your dad is a clever man!! Mostly because he realizes that times have changed, and easy access to guns is causing a ton of deaths and injuries every year...

You could be right, but your not.

"Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote".

When one man thinks he can control another man and his property or life you have slavery. But when you have one man trying to control another man and his property and the man in question has a gun, you have only one man.

America was founded on the principle that we are all free to do as we please as long as we do not infringe on another mans rights. Therefore when you provide an outline of those rights in the form of a constitution and all agree on it that constitution becomes the law. The constitution is not a living document to be changes and was never declared to be so. Our rights as people do not change only the world around us and what people like you would love nothing better to do than control our thoughts and property. You sir are the reason the 2nd amendment was put into the constitution in the first place.

Don't believe me, come and break into my home or try and inflict pain on my family and your family will miss you I am sure. I worked 3 1/2 years as a corrections officer in one of the largest penitentiary's in the south. There where no guns in this place but death was something that happens in there with nothing more than a toothbrush that was sharpened on the hard concrete floor of the cell the inmate was housed in. And was a murder from the beginning just as his father before him. You can only change people by presenting them with good moral and just upbringing to respect another mans rights that are defined from our creator. Those rights where drafted into the constitution for which this government was founded upon.

There is no justice in our society, the law is not there to protect you, you have to provide some protection for yourself. You can't go around asking others to protect you and your property you can only provide them with the means to do so. Our founding fathers where men of great wisdom in providing us with the means to protect our family's from stupidity and ignorance such as this poster. To blame violence on one tool and not another is sheer stupidity. This person would have you believe that guns are to blame for the deaths of so many people but go look at the facts. From the beginning of this country there have been over 2.5 million deaths in wars, this includes the revolutionary war up to the current wars. But that is a small portion to the amount of deaths women have preformed in this country by a margin of 20 to 1. Abortion alone counts up to over 50 million and that was from 2010 and doesn't include 2011.

I don't hear this person screaming to shut down any of those kinds of deaths. Guns do not kill people, people kill people. Remove the 2nd amendment and find out for your selves where the deaths come from. Once all guns are disposed of and all kinds of modern weaponry are removed from these United States.

The next thread you will read on ATS is swords and knives should be removed from the people. Next will come bats and clubs, it is a perpetual stupidity that people like this just thrive to live in. Drama on TV puts them in this state of stupidity that they live in. Ignore this person and people like them, they are already enslaved they just don't know it yet.
edit on 24-10-2011 by Mendle because: spelling, I try and proof read many times.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join