It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you get one of those super-cool seats behind President Obama at one of his speeches?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
You know......the seats for people who applaud after every other word or hip phrase spoken/read by President Obama. Does anyone know how these people are selected? It seems somewhat obvious to me that they're probably hand-picked, JMHO, but maybe someone here has more knowledge of the process and can straighten this out for me. Can you get paid for sitting in one of those seats and cheering at everything? That could potentially lower the unemployment rate and I could use some extra dough. I can applaud and cheer like no other.

Peace

edit on 21-10-2011 by Dr Love because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

I'm sure that if you had enough Money and made fairly decent financial contribution to his re-election campaign, you would find yourself in one of those coveted seats.

I would love to be able to sit there and start giving him the thumbs down behind his back in full view of the cameras.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

I'd slooooowly, and quietly, slip on a Reagan mask.

For a bajillion dollars, I should be able to sit there nekid!

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Trust me you don't want to know.
If you found out what it is, you would be totally disgusted and freaked out.

Nah I'm just joking.

They probably bought the most expensive tickets, or knew someone important who landed them the seat. Either way, that's usually how it happens.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by Dr Love

I'd slooooowly, and quietly, slip on a Reagan mask.

For a bajillion dollars, I should be able to sit there nekid!

Nah it can't be that expensive.

You can probably land a good seat within 20 ft of the President for under 10,000 $.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
1. First of all one would have to sufficiently shallow enough to actually want to be seen with a politician in the first place.
2. Then they would have to have enough self control to refrain from laughing or rolling their eyes as the lies roll of the politicians lips.
3. Possess enough self control to keep from picking your nose. Picking at will, guarantees that a clip of your mining skills ends up on Youtube for all eternity.

Other than that...give the politician lots of money or be a be politician yourself and promise to deliver votes.
So don't count on ever seeing me at one of these shindigs.

edit on 10/21/2011 by Sparky63 because: syntax

edit on 10/21/2011 by Sparky63 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

You know i'm not a huge fan of Obama, but I was wondering the same thing..

There is always a cute little thing or some *respectable* looking old guy..

One way they have a lottery like pick numbers for it,
seems way to staged for that though.

Second way, they are hand picked and searched by CIA out of
the * respectable* people..

Third way, they get some type of VIP tickets from a Rep, or congress person
in the event district..

Fourth, I really do not know but it would be neat as heck.

I remember when Obama when to a school they must of hand picked
the kid's. I know I would be mad as hell if the president came to my school
and they did not pick me. I'd start a little school riot.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
With the number of people who showed up for his visit to Pittsburgh a few days ago, I'm pretty sure that you can get one of those seats and be PAID to be there. 65 people in a hall with 350 seats gives you a pretty good choice of where to sit. It also makes for one hell of an echo.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
I remember when Obama when to a school they must of hand picked
the kid's. I know I would be mad as hell if the president came to my school
and they did not pick me. I'd start a little school riot.

Discrimination! No child Left Behind! I'm MEME MAD!

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

It's an election year. For $10k Michelle will cook you dinner and you can read the kids a bedtime story!!

I'd think those seats are probably around $1k for the town hall and campaign stop events. Now it is a different story for Nationally televised stuff like the State of the Union.

Doesn't $10k get you an overnight in the Lincoln Bedroom?

If Clinton was still in office, you could drop an extra $500 and get the overnight with a happy ending!

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

The $35,800-a-plate dinner, held at the eponymous Upper East Side restaurant of the famed chef Daniel Boulud, was hosted by a committee of bankers, private equity executives and hedge fund managers, including Marc Lasry, chief executive of the Avenue Capital Group, and Orin Kramer, general partner at Boston Provident..........

Wall St.’s Dinner With Obama: Hold the Scorn

Wealth,Hypocrisy,and Lies will get you or that Child up on that podium. Whatever the Agenda at the time warrants.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

By the way, Obama did do something right this week. Michelle revealed that Barack does not allow the kids to watch "The Kardashians" on TV. The Kardashians responded with surprise, and said they think their show is educational for young women, because it shows real girls in real life situations.

Say what you want about Obama, but at least he got that one right.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
That's like congradulating a parent for telling their kids not to stand on the train tracks. Do you even pat the guy on the back?

Headline : Obama tells kids not to stick fork in light socket, Dad of the Year?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by sbctinfantry
That's like congradulating a parent for telling their kids not to stand on the train tracks. Do you even pat the guy on the back?

Headline : Obama tells kids not to stick fork in light socket, Dad of the Year?

Well the Kardashian show is THAT bad,and Obama DID win a Nobel...................

Dad of the year?

Gotta ask his kids............

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

Hey, Bush was almost lynched for saying he didn't like Broccoli.

If Barack doesn't allow his kids to watch it, then other parents might change their mind also, and the show goes down the tubes, MTV suffers financially, the paparazzi is suddenly unemployed, and who is left to tell all those impressionably liberal 18 year olds who to vote for? This was actually a big deal for Barack, and he likely lost some votes because of it.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I'll stand, clap, and cheer for the whole freakin' speech for an extra c-note. I'll look more ridiculous than Nancy Pelosi at the State of the Union Address for the right price.

Peace

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Hey, Bush was almost lynched for saying he didn't like Broccoli.

If Barack doesn't allow his kids to watch it, then other parents might change their mind also, and the show goes down the tubes, MTV suffers financially, the paparazzi is suddenly unemployed, and who is left to tell all those impressionably liberal 18 year olds who to vote for? This was actually a big deal for Barack, and he likely lost some votes because of it.

Unless we start texting our votes in, the only thing he could have lost is some money from MTV.

Then again, who the heck else would MTV support? McCain? That money was spent before you ever thought of this joke!

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

You sell your soul to the devil... that will get you a seat next to "the all powerful one"

2nd.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I think they are working on that American Idol style text voting.

Seriously, we all have identifying SS or ID numbers, and for those that pay taxes online, we have PIN numbers. Students have pin numbers for FAFSA and Sallie Mae. If not this election, definitelly the next!

And, we all know B.O. is an ass man! We've seen the pics, so how can he not like the Kardashians?

Doc Love, I'm pretty sure they have a background check before you get that close to the president. You never had a chance.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
Doc Love, I'm pretty sure they have a background check before you get that close to the president. You never had a chance.

I did work at Baskin Robbins for a time in my high school days, so that might fly in the face of Michelle O's battle against Salisbury steak and sucking Jello through a straw at school lunches.

Peace

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join