It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cartels and Hezbollah

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
The Cartels and Hezbollah

BACKGROUND

The Cartels

Los Zetos began actually as former Mexican Army Special Forces called Grupo Aeromovil de Fuerzas Especiales (GAFE). Some of the original members were also trained at Fort Benning GA.

The Mexican personnel who received US training and later formed the Zetas came from the Airmobile Special Forces Group (GAFE), which is considered an elite division of the Mexican military
Source

Back in the 1990’s GAFE Lieutenant Arturo Guzmán Decena was then bought off by the Gulf Cartel who needed someone to take care of some rival cartel members and Decena brought with him about 30 more members from his unit and they became the “enforcers” for the Gulf Cartel and called themselves The Zetas (Los Zetas). The Zetas got their name because the radio call for Lt Decena was Z1, in other words saying “zetas” is like saying the letter “z”. As with most partnerships of this nature, The Zetas chose to branch out on their own, making the Gulf Cartel an enemy. Currently The Zetas are the second most powerful cartel, The Sinaloa is first. The Zetas are now run by Z3, Heriberto, Lazcano, due to the death of Decena and the capture of Decena’s second in command.

Mexico

In 2000 Vicente Fox won the election for presidency taking away the post held by the opposing party PRI, (Institutional Revolutionary Party ) The PRI had held for the last 70 years. Fox, a member of the conservative centrist Democrat International, President Fox did send troops to Nuevo Loredo to bring some stability back after much fighting between the cartels, however most of his tenure was of a more passive nature. When President Calderon was elected, a member of the third major political party for Mexico, PAN (Partido Accion Nacional), he changed the game when he sent over 6500 troops to the state of Michoacan to put an end to the cartel violence there. President Calderon has since escalated the fight against the cartels and has an estimated 45000 troops, in addition to both state and federal troops. The fight has not gone well as estimations between 40,000 and 50,000 deaths have been attributed to the Cartels. Even Calderon admits that government officials are duplicit, According to the article, Anonymous targeted the Veracruz website due to the governor’s alleged ties with the Zetas. if not by being out and out members of the cartels then by simple complacency or better yet, bribery.

"There are many in the PRI who think the deals of the past would work now. I don't see what dealcould be done, but that is the mentality many of them have," said Calderon, whom the law prevents from seeking a second six-year term.
Source

Hezbollah Connection???

Do you think Hezbollah, Hamas, or any terrorist south of the border is not possible? Think again. Why not? A perfect location conducive to training, a government open to bribery, a network is already in place, AND can make money? Who would pass that up???

Starting in the late 1980s and early 1990s, using Hezbollah as initial cover, Al Quds masterminds began populating the "failed state" region in Latin American known as the Tri-Border Area (TBA) of Argentina, Brazil and Paraguay as a base from which to train Islamic extremists. The 1992 and 1994 attacks against Jewish and Israeli interests in Buenos Aires originated in the TBA. A veritable Star Wars bar scene of terrorists have reportedly been trained by Al Quds in the TBA and have taken shelter at one time or another there, including Iran proxy terrorists belonging to Hezbollah, Hamas, and al-Gama al Islamiya -- all under the watchful patronage of Iran's Al Quds operatives
Source

It is impossible to quantify the level of criminal activity taking place in the TBA, but some estimate that Islamic extremist groups there and in other suspect areas in Latin America remit $300 to $500 million per year in illicit profits to radical Islamic groups in the Middle East.
Source

The case of Jamal Youssef, arrested in New York City, is even more worrying than the arrest of Jameel Nasr in Tijuana. As reported by the Center of Immigration Studies in February 2011, Jamal Yousef, a former member of the Syrian military and senior agent of Hezbollah, was conducting a business deal to provide thousands of new U.S. arms stolen from American forces in Iraq that had been shipped and stored in Mexico, and were to be sold to the terrorist group Colombian FARC, allegedly supported by Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez, in exchange for drugs that were to be couriered into the U.S. by Mexican cartels.
Source

Hezbollah relies on “the same criminal weapons smugglers, document traffickers and transportation experts as the drug cartels,” said Michael Braun, who just retired as assistant administrator and chief of operations at the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA).
Source

I feel that Hezbollah and Los Zetas are now one and the same, or as close to being completely infiltrated by Hezbollah. Why? First Los Zetas is a paramilitary group, perfect for their needs. Second, a lot of the original Los Zetas have either been killed or jailed. Third, Los Zetas has changed their tactics.

Nasr was alleged to be tasked with establishing the Hezbollah network in Mexico and throughout South America.
Source

….Los Zetas are involved in myriad criminal activities. They have branched out into kidnappings, murder-for-hire, assassinations, extortion, money-laundering, and human smuggling. At the right price, these bloodthirsty mercenaries could move into terrorism focused on vulnerable targets in Texas and throughout the Southwest.
Source

Mexico to US resemble very closely the kinds of tunnels they know Hezbollah use in the ME In the northern state of Chihuahua, authorities said Thursday that they found weapons and drugs in three tunnels dug under a state prison in the city of Chihuahua.
Source

The evidence is there: Hezbollah’s cooperation with countries across South America. Highly sophisticated tunnels for transferring drugs across the U.S.-Mexico border, ones very similar to the tunnels dug by Hezbollah into Israel.
Source

Please wait before posting I have much more to add

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Days later, a cell-phone-detonated car bomb - the first of its kind reported used by Mexican drug cartels - was deployed just across the U.S.-Mexico border in Juarez. On Aug. 27, another car bomb exploded in a U.S.-Mexico border state. These car bombs show an evolution in the tactics being used by the drug cartels and bear a strong resemblance to those employed by Hezbollah, raising questions as to who trained the cartels.
Source

The car that exploded in front of the television studio was a red Chevrolet Corsica with Texas license plates, the attorney general's office said in a news release. The car in front of the transit office was a white Mazda, also with Texas license plates, officials said……Car bombings by Mexican cartels are a new phenomena. Among the first was a July 15 explosion in Ciudad Juarez that killed four people.
Source

TEXAS LICENSE PLATES!!!!

Another article regarding the car bomb that killed 4

What? You Hadn’t heard about this? Well Perhaps this is why:

Ordaz is the third journalist to be killed in Veracruz state this year and is among more than 70 killed since 2000, according to press rights groups and media tallies.
Source

Impunity is a key indicator in assessing levels of press freedom and free expression in nations worldwide. CPJ research shows that deadly, unpunished violence against journalists often leads to vast self-censorship in the rest of the press corps. From Somalia to Mexico, CPJ has found that journalists avoid sensitive topics, leave the profession, or flee their homeland to escape violent retribution………The killing came just two years after El Diario’s crime reporter,Armando Rodríguez Carreón, was gunned down in front of his young daughter. The murders prompted the paper to drastically curtail coverage of drug trafficking and crime, illustrating the devastating effects of unpunished, anti-press violence in Mexico.
Source

The gruesome scene sent a chilling message at a time when online posts have become some of the loudest voices reporting violence in Mexico. In some parts of the country, threats from cartels have silenced traditional media. Sometimes even local authorities fear speaking out.
Source WARNING DISTURBING IMAGES

By Thursday, no information had been released to the media and no press release had been sent to anybody or posted anywhere. There was no news conference. CNN tried unsuccessfully to get information about the grisly slayings at the local, state, and federal level. Officials were either unavailable or unwilling to release any information about the killings….In many cases, officials are unwilling to release any information, including victims' identities, because the perpetrators may go after them, their families, or the families of the victims, Salazar said. "Anybody investigating these cases is at risk of becoming a victim," she said. Last year in August, two officials in charge of investigating the massacre of 72 Central American migrants in the town of San Fernando, Tamaulipas, were found dead only days after the investigation started.
Source

Less than two weeks later, the head and decapitated body of a woman were left close to another busy road in the city, with a message addressed to Nuevo Laredo en Vivo (NLV) “and social media sites,” saying “this happened to me because of my reports, and yours.” It was signed with the nickname that she used online -- “La Nena de Laredo” (the girl from Laredo), followed by “ZZZ.”
Source

"Are the cartels that sophisticated that they can track down people who are tweeting anonymously? Are they following these accounts? Do they have a specialized unit following social networks? These murders raise a lot of other questions about how they're operating," she said.
Source

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
And things don’t look promising

While valuable to many residents, social networkers also spread rumors that have panicked communities. Prosecutors last month jailed and charged two people with "terrorism" for tweeting false reports of gangster attacks on schools in the Gulf Coast port of Veracruz. Social media reports of other gangster attacks emptied the streets of Veracruz's capital, Xalapa, and other towns last weekend. Suggesting that the terrorism charges were overblown, Veracruz Gov. Javier Duarte nevertheless announced Tuesday that he would propose a new state law against "upsetting the public order." Early this year, mainstream media executives agreed with federal officials to scale back on coverage of the criminal slaughter that has killed more than 40,000 people in less than five years.
Source

Am I paranoid. Perhaps. What is the saying? “Just because I am paranoid does mean they are not out to get me.”

In fact, Los Zetas are believed to have carried out executions in Texas and other American states. The Dallas police have launched a search for Maximo Garcia Carrillo, a suspected Zeta who owns a house in the Oak Cliff suburb of the city, who is believed to have killed police officer Mark Nix. Known as a “second-generation” Zeta, the 34-year-old Garcia Carrillo travels with bodyguards armed with automatic weapons and grenade launchers. Reportedly, Los Zetas, who consider Dallas a key point for the transportation and distribution of drugs, also pursue their criminality in Houston, San Antonio, Brownsville, Laredo, and Del Rio.
Source

First, many of the commandos have homes north of the Rio Grande where they seek safe haven and where they attempt to lure young Americans into their clutches.
Source

But when things like this happen in your own backyard, you kinda sit up and take another look around. And when you realize that MS13, Texas Syndicate, the Mexican Mafia, etc (all of which have had some kind of run in before, no matter how benign) all do the bidding of the Cartels

Transnational gangs represent the most significant organized crime threat to the State of Texas. The Mexican cartels are employing Texas-based gangs to support their criminal operations on both sides of the Texas-Mexico border.
Source

Lake Threat Warning

Feds Indict 23 Texas Syndicate Gang Members

FBI Probes Southwest Airlines Vandalism

Cartels Recruiting Children

I am not trolling, but I am a concerned citizen who happens to see this going on in own hometown. Just wish for more eyes to see and possibly report. Thank you for taking the time to read this and please be kind it is my first thread.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Citizen98

There are those here who have posted the Cartel and Hez’bollah connection before, but you did a great job providing much more background.

Many of us who called this to attention have been called fear mongerers, war mongering and in one case even racists.

The Intel agencies on many sides have acknowledged that Hezbollah exists in Mexico & South America. There have even been Hezbollah leaders who have stated such.

But people keep on ignoring the threat…go figure.

I will bet a pay check that if Israel, Saudi Arabia or even US attack on Iran, you will see IEDs on a regular basis in the US. If either of the two previous attack, you know it will be with US approval though.

But of course, there will be those that say it is our fault. Regardless of the circumstances, and maybe it will be. We'll see.

edit on 17-10-2011 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
The USgoverment nontheless keeps insisting that victimless crime is felonyous and that they can reserve the right to tell individuals what they can and cannot put into their bodies and heads.
The years of failed drug enforcement policies and innovations only underscore the depth of the corruption that the drug business has brought to our own goverment agencies.
Federal agencies have been proven to have assisted and engaged in drug trafficking since Vietnams fiasco....
The individual states must assert their own soveriegnty to curb the federal juggernaught that is creating felony records for otherwise law abiding pot smokers....99% of which has been proven to be harmless activity, hurting no one.
The policies of federal agencies and individual states vis a vis the wholesale smuggling of people and drugs both ways across the Mex/US border have been so obviously at cross purposses that there is some grounds for accusations of treasonous behavior on the part of some federals.
F&F Gun scandal is an example of a specific cartel reaping the benefit of thousands of weapons sole to them by the BATF!
From the outside looking in, it apears as if there was more than one agency that is actively involved with one cartel or another, and benefitting from the proceeds of the drugs.
thank you for that succinct history lesson.....the situation is being manipulated by very big players, and it is difficult to predict the outcome at this time though........
We must watch this very carefully as it is a major game in motion that could have some far reaching consequences for us all.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Violence in the streets, shooting, bombings, journalists being killed, public officials being assassinated, tens of thousands being killed, corruption in law enforcement, corruption in government, government complicity, billions and billions of dollars changing hands.... that we're keeping people for using drugs makes it all worthwhile.

An ounce of prevention...

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Thank you all for your replies.

I do not get to sign on as often as I wish, however I came across this and felt it should be posted

The Telescope: Iran At Our Doorstep

Iran At Our Doorstep Part 2: The EMP Threat

Iran At Our Doorstep Part 3: Boots On The Ground
edit on 23-10-2011 by Citizen98 because: links messing up

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I don't buy it.
It doesn't make any sense.

There could only be a connection for as long as cash flows directly to the Cartels.

The Cartels do not like to share land, cash, or power with anyone.,, the revolutionary days are long gone.
It's about cash now.
They could care less about international politics or wars of faith.
The cartels care only about money and clear routes to make more money.

There is no financial benefit for the large cartels to work with Hezbollah, and it would draw the undivided attention of the US military, which havent done a damn thing about the cartels thus far.

The cartels don't fight wars, they make money and kill anyone that tries to get in the way.

It just doesnt make any sense for the Cartels to put themselves and their cash flow at risk for someone elses causes.

The Razor cuts this into pieces.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro
Violence in the streets, shooting, bombings, journalists being killed, public officials being assassinated, tens of thousands being killed, corruption in law enforcement, corruption in government, government complicity, billions and billions of dollars changing hands.... that we're keeping people for using drugs makes it all worthwhile.

An ounce of prevention...

I dont know what to say. I cant imagine what families in Mexico are going through because of this, though I have the feeling that soon the border states will get more and more of an idea. I wish it were still about drug smuggling, but I feel it has gone beyond that and completely out of control.

My thoughts are with you and maybe, just maybe, the more who learn about what is going on... well, I still hope. No comfort, I know.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Hezbollah are about the best ARAB fighting force, they are disciplined, experienced, and most importantly; READY!

Giving the right funding and technologies there is no doubt that they can become one of the best armies in the world.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by BadNinja68

My point is though that the Zetas Cartel is no longer a drug cartel but part of Hezbollah using the connections they have made.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Citizen98
reply to post by BadNinja68

My point is though that the Zetas Cartel is no longer a drug cartel but part of Hezbollah using the connections they have made.

The cartels of ancient times were established long before Mexico and Columbia.

The cartels of the Americas were financed by the old world cartels and mafias.

The mafias have no national loyalties.

The window dressing they use is only by popular demand.

The Chinese Triads have been in existance long before anybody spoke Spanish or Hebrew..

edit on Oct-23-2011 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join