It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Toddler Run Over By 2 Vans Left To Die - Ignored By 17 People

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by IEtherianSoul9

I'm glad to hear that. I'm 26 and to be honest have become a bit less compassionate. I don't always stop for stranded motorists anymore etc... Don't let yourself change when you get older.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

It's exactly the same in the west, I've seen countless stories like this originate from western countries. In fact I would be willing to argue it's worse in western countries because people feel less connected to each other. There is a greater divide between the rich and poor and people have more important things to attend to than wasting their time helping some poor sucker.

Completely disagree. It happens, sure, but not to the extent it does in other countries.

What if they just dropped the child off at the hospital and ran away? Do you think the hospital staff would just let the child die because they haven't received a sum of money equal to that child's life?

I'm really wondering this too. Are there laws like in the U.S. where hospitals have to offer care?

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
How revolting.
It seems like everyone is fearing helping nowadays.
For example, 3 weeks ago my fiancee's grandfather took his wife to a doctors visit. She tripped, fell over, her husband who was behind her, holding her arm, fell too. People walked by, stared, and kept walking. They are well into their late 70s early 80's, hard for them to get up. NO ONE EVEN ASKED IF THEY WERE OKAY.
Finally the husband managed to get up, rushed to get help from some men down street who where construction workers, and they RAN, yes RAN to back to help his wife.
People who walked by didn't even take a second glance at these poor people on the floor who obviously couldn't get up. It makes me sick.
A nurse later explained that they had an incident in which a lady fell, a stranger helped her, and she accused the stranger of "trying to kill her". Employee's fear being fired, much more a lawsuit, or being arrested. So no one helps anyone.

What is this world coming to?
This poor child get's hit by 2 vans, how can someone not feel bad seeing this child screaming in agony? How can they ignore this baby (to me she is still a baby, someone's baby)crying for help? I feel amazing opening the door for the elderly, I would feel so great rescuing a child from harms way. Even if it landed me in jail, saving an innocent life, is well worth it to me.
And the most important question is, WHERE IS THIS CHILD'S MOTHER?!
My daughter can't be out of my sight for 2 seconds with out me freaking out. What is wrong with this woman? She obviously has more important matters to attend to, and taking care of her child isn't one of those important factors. Child Endangerment anyone?

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Dear ChaoticOrder

From ChaoticOrder
“What if they just dropped the child off at the hospital and ran away? Do you think the hospital staff would just let the child die because they haven't received a sum of money equal to that child life?”

Not where I am, interestingly enough a good few years ago now I came a cross a tragic seen where two young boys had drowned and were to all intense and purposes dead. I tried mouth to mouth that I have learn at the age of 14 but it did not work.

I then rushed them at height speed to the hospital, luckily I had had some experience in racing in my past. I dropped them and a young man who was there relative or something in the ER and left not wanting to get stuck with the bill.

The next night I saw a report on the TV that covered the event and both boys had been revived. I just do not know with how much brain damage.

Interestingly enough there was no mention of how they got to the hospital from where they had been swimming.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

Well I'm glad you did the right thing. I'll toast the screen with a beer in a minute. I would have no fear of driving someone to the hospital and staying here. Then again ambulance would be there quicker where I live.

Interestingly enough there was no mention of how they got to the hospital from where they had been swimming.

Looks like a few people did the right thing then.
edit on 16-10-2011 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Dear Domo1

From Domo1
“Well I'm really glad you popped in here, good to have a more realistic perspective. Wouldn't it have been possible to just call 911 (or whatever) and have an ambulance/cop deal with it?”

Not sure as this is China and although I have been many times I am not up with the procedure there.

Where I am that would not be possible as I do not even know what their equivalent of 911 is let alone speak the language. Certainly enough to be able to get help that way.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
Completely disagree. It happens, sure, but not to the extent it does in other countries.

Don't kid yourself.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Jesus bloody christ.

You don't often see a big ugly bastard covered in tatts wiping away tears,

well that stuffs up the morning for me... but I guess I was warned... and I too have seen pretty much every video out there - it's just where I live we've just raised 13.4 million dollars in 26 hours to help young children with disability and who need help, and then somewhere in this damned world are people who not only can drive over a child, but a god damned friggen mother and daughter can just walk past her.

I just can't believe it.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Ha`la`tha

Yeah you and I are in the same boat I think. I rarely tear up or cry but this got me misty. Big bastard with too many tattoos here (Mom thinks I'm handsome though). Just a baby...

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

I don't think I am kidding myself. I would rather be hit by a car in America or any Western country if my survival depended on passerby calling an ambulance or stopping to help than anywhere else on Earth.

I almost baa'w every time I see the dog saving the other and the dog going after the bull gives me goosebumps.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by celimonster

Ugh stories like that make me angry. I would have run to help her too. I still run ahead of women to open doors, sometimes even if they're not cute!

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

If I were over there, I would hurt every single one of those cowards that walked past. Those stupid bastards. Gosh that makes me want to destroy things, I can't even think straight.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I really wish I wouldn't have watched the video, so very sad. I said a prayer for the little girl.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I must admit I have not seen the video; I am trying to recover from the other Chinese video about skinning a dog alive on the market. The comments in this tread says it all I guess....

Growing up in China and other countries worldwide can be extremely hard, I understand. Really I do.
So if you are in that circumstances and read this post I would like to say: stay human. Its a choice.
Walking along a child in desperate need and do nothing: you are no more then a animal.

The world is so not ready yet.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Some people just don't care. Today at a popular Chinees restaurant a child about 4 was running all around this big place while the adults ate. The older brother about 7 was seen asking a worker at the restaurant, " have you seen my baby brother"? Apparently the older brother was supposed to be watching the younger kid. At one point the 4 year old was near the front door and my mother said "That kids gonna go out that door." Sure enough, someone opened the door and the kid followed them out. That kid could have been snatched. My mother started to go get the kid and a server who saw this and helped the child back inside. This door is about 50 feet way across the place from where the adults were sitting. Not once did any adult get up and look for the kids. We watched these kids run around as we ate making sure they did not get taken or hurt. As we were leaving we could see these people were middle eastern, or from India. By this time the young daughter about 16 was chatting on a cell phone near the door and my mother tried to tell this girl about the kids could have been hurt or taken and they should be watched better, and the girl said in a very clear non accent American voice, " I don't speak English." and ignored my mother.

I felt like taking the business end of a baseball bat to the men and women who were with these kids. These people clearly do not deserve to have any.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
This is utterly sickening - and I haven't watched the video, because I couldn't handle it.

I have to say that I have observed the Chinese race to be cold and uncaring to people and to the environment.

I apolgise to any Chinese person who is not like this.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I did not finish watching that. I am now sick to my stomach. I could NEVER EVER EVER in a million years EVER leave anybody in that condition without calling for help.

Having a young son of my own, my heart was in my throat. I had to turn it off. Who ARE these people?? Is this what humanity is? I mean I can see 1 or maybe 2 people ignoring it, but 17??? Are they all robots?? She's a helpless little child for crying out loud. Ahhh why did I click on this thread. My own stupid curiosity ruined my night.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Well, what you all don't realize it that the "Chinese" as we know them are about a hundred or more different ethnicity's all living in an area known to the rest of the world as China.

Because of the industrialization taking place mainly in the large cities and along the coast of the country there has been a migration of the other ethnicity from the rural regions into these areas.

A large majority of strangers living together with no sense of "community".

Same thing is taking place all around the world as people are freely allowed to migrate and live where they want to without controls that used to be in place.

The world as we know it was at one time a much safer place to live because there existed in each locale a sense of "community".

Now no one wants to get involved in helping a child or a stranger in need or duress because of distrust and even a lack of the ability to communicate with each other.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Horrible....I don't care what culture you come from, ignoring a seriously injured child like that is so heartless and pathetic. I can't think of many places where something like this would happen and go ignored for that long, I really don't. I understand everyone has things to do and what not, but this is beyond sickening.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by laiguana

Agreed. Culture excuses just won't fly with me on this one.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join