It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Imortality or an (impractality) !!!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 02:29 AM
link   
In addition consider the lovely thought of being framed for a murder. Instead of execution you are given a 'life' sentence. Imagine waiting for a 350 year parole.
Even though it would seem to work against evolution it wouldn't really. You would still be able to reproduce which would carry over any 'recently learned/mutated dna to an offspring'. I have often wondered about somekind of body exchange instead, where a non-living cloned body's fresh brain could be programmed with the current information state the former mind would have.

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 06:18 AM
link   

SMR:
Are people that afraid of death that they seek the way to live forever?

Are people so afraid of life that they want to die and have the company in death of those who don't want to die, so they naysay the funding of ways to achieve eternal health?

Bode

[edit on 9/25/2004 by bodebliss]

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
the idea of transferring the brain to another body raises a nice philosophical question.

if you perform a brain transplant, who are you? are you yourself, the person of the body, or are you an entirely different person?

its a modern/futuristic version of the ship of theseus problem. i for one would not want to be working in city hall or really anything beaurocratic if this rolls around.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 02:15 AM
link   
It depends on how you define yourself .

if you define yourself as an animal then you can just tranfer the brain and alls well.

if on the other hand you define yourself as a spirit then your body is dead and your control center has been transfered. Go chase it!

Bode

[edit on 9/26/2004 by bodebliss]

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 02:34 AM
link   
i aim to live forever... or die trying.

posted on Sep, 26 2004 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by rustiswordz
i aim to live forever... or die trying.

now thats a good one.

i think ud still be the same person, since death has now become a function of your brain, but ur lungs heart stomach liver everything is someone else. it just starts to blur the line a bit. we are, though, most definitely animals, and ive yet to find a bloody soul in anyone else ive met.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
You can look at people 3 ways:

Objects to be moved out of the way or disposed of if need be (dictatorships,crime orgs,etc)

Animals to be modulated and responded to as the animals they are,and you are(gov'ts,armies,corporations,etc)

Spirits to which you can sense your affinity-to, sometimes at great distances(free beings)
------------------------------------------------------------
When your too far down in your body you can't sense the spirits of others(humans or other creatures)

I have left my body and turned back to look at it . It has altered my view of all things that humans think of while hiding in their bodies. The way they fear for their form and act in response to others. It is funny,very funny.If you ever leave your body you will immediately gain an insight into others and the universe I can't give you by describing the difference. If you achieve this you will have new powers I can't transfer to you by describing them. If you don't it will be your loss. If you do it will be your gain. It's that simple.

freesolo.homepage.dk...
www.etext.org...
freezoneamerica.org...
www.ronsorgusa.org...

You can Gooooogle: Exteriorization

Bode Bliss

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Of course, the population problems would SEVERELY increase with extended lifespans.....

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
In the short term,yes.

There are almost unlimited resources though we do need to develope them.

The amount of iron ,nickle, and precious/rare-earth metals in a one mile cubed asteroid is enough to supply the world's need for 2 years.there are thousands of asteroids this size, some are carbon some are comets with fuel hydrogen and oxygen to make hydro-carbons and water.

If we covered 1 % of the moon with auto-robot produced(moon soil makes good solar cells) solar cells ,we could provide all the energy needed by the world ,right now. there is the potential to provide 150 times what we need from orbit solar stations and the moon.

so resources we have!

Bode Bliss

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join