It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Korans fascinating verses about hell

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I find the verses in the Koran concerning "hell" to be unique.
Besides providing vivid descriptions about the nature and landscape of hell, it also directly addresses those who will be damned to hell. We see from the perspective of the hell-bound and read about the regret, guilt and shame that they will feel.

“And fear the Fire which is prepared for the disbelievers.”
-Quran 3:131

“So let them laugh a little and then weep much as recompense for what they used to earn.”
-Quran 9:82

If only the unbelievers knew (about) when they will not be able to ward off the fire from their faces, nor from their backs, and (that) they will not be helped. No, but it will come to them suddenly and confound them. And they will not be able to avert it, nor will they be given respite.”
-Quran 21: 39-40

"If only they knew..." is almost taunting the disbelievers...like saying "you have no idea whats coming to you

But those who reject Our signs and treat them with arrogance – they are the companions of the Fire, dwelling therein forever.”
-Quran 7: 36

“No, they deny the Hour (of the judgment to come), but We have prepared a blazing fire for such as deny the Hour. When it sees them from a far off place, they will hear its fury and its raging sigh. And when they are cast, bound, in chains, into constricted place therein, they will plead therein for destruction. Do not plead today for a single destruction; plead for destruction oft-repeated.”
-Quran 25:11-14

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another thing I find fascinating about the Korans accounts of hell is that it gives us the perspective of those damned to hell. They are shown to be regretful and confess that they were wrong.

“And those who disbelieved will be driven to Hell in groups until, when they reach it, its gates are opened and its keepers will say, ‘Did there not come to you messengers from yourselves, reciting to you the verses of your Lord and warning you of the meeting of this Day of yours?’ They will say, ‘Yes, but the word (meaning the decree) of punishment has come into effect upon the disbelievers.’”
-Quran 39:71

“For those who reject their Lord is the penalty of Hell, and evil is such a destination. When they are cast therein, they will hear the terrible drawing in of its breath even as it blazes forth. It is almost bursting with fury. Every time a group is cast therein, its keepers will ask, ‘Did no warner come to you?’ They will say, ‘Yes, a warner had come to us, but we denied and said, ‘Allah has revealed nothing. You are but in great delusion.’And they will say, ‘Had we listened or used our intelligence, we would not now be among the companions of the Blazing Fire.’ So they will confess their sin, but far will be forgiveness from the companions of the Blazing Fire.”
-Quran 67: 6-11

We see that those in hell finally realize that they were wrong... and that they were the ones who were deluded all along.

“The Day that their faces will be turned from side to side in the fire, they will say, ‘We wish that we had obeyed Allah and obeyed the Messenger.’”
-Quran 33: 66

If only you could see when the criminals hang their heads before their Lord, (saying), ‘Our Lord, we have seen and we have heard, so sent us back (to the world); we will work righteousness, for we are indeed certain (now).’ If We had willed, We could certainly have brought every soul its guidance, but the Word will be realized: ‘I will fill Hell with jinn and men all together. Taste, then- for you forgot the meeting of this, your Day, We, (too), will forget you. And the taste the punishment of eternity for what you used to do.’”
-Quran 32:12-14

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We also see that those sent to hell will long for their punishment to cease...

They will long to leave the Fire, but never will they leave there from; and theirs will be a lasting torment.”
-Quran 5:37

“And those in the Fire will say to the Guards of Hell, ‘Call upon your Lord to lighten for us the torment for a day!’”
-Quran 40:49

“And they will cry out therein, ‘Our Lord, remove us; we will do righteousness – other than what we were doing!’”
-Quran 35:37

“They will say, ‘Our Lord, our wretchedness overcame us, and we were a people astray. Our Lord, remove us from it, and if we were to return (to evil), we would indeed be wrongdoers.’ He will say, ‘Remain despised therein and do not speak to Me.’”
-Quran 23:106-108

“And those in the Fire will say to the keepers of Hell, ‘Supplicate your Lord to lighten for us a day from the punishment.’ They will say, ‘Did there not come to you your messengers with clear proofs?’ They will say, ‘Yes.’ They will reply, ‘Then supplicate (yourselves), but the supplication of the disbelievers is not except in error.’”
-Quran 40:49-50

And here are just two of the verses that speak of the horrors of hell.

Indeed, whoever comes to his Lord as a criminal - indeed, for him is Hell; he will neither die therein nor live.
-Quran 20:74

"neither live nor die"...IMO This is one of the most haunting descriptions of an experience in hell.

“Indeed, those who disbelieve in Our verses – We will drive them into a Fire. Every time their skins are roasted through We will replace them with other skins so they may taste the punishment. Indeed, God is ever Exalted in Might and Wise.”
-Quran 4:56

A rather graphic description of what the body goes through in hell.

edit on 8-10-2011 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
May Allah forgive us our sins.
edit on 8-10-2011 by Kemal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
The descriptions of Hell are neither unique nor fascinating. They're identical to those found in the Bible, which again are neither fascinating nor unique. Both say that unbelievers burn in Hell and that they want to escape the burning but can't.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Maskirovka

The basic idea of sinners/disbelievers going to hell is present in both the Koran and the Bible.
But the biblical account of hell is nowhere as detailed as the ones in the Koran.

Not that Im making it a Bible vs Koran thing..its just that I find the descriptions of hell is more vivid and detailed in the Koran than in the Bible

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kemal
May Allah forgive us our sins.
edit on 8-10-2011 by Kemal because: (no reason given)

Peace and Allah's blessings upon you, brother!

May Allah grant us Paradise and save us from the fire.

Every soul will taste of death. And ye will be paid on the Day of Resurrection only that which ye have fairly earned. Whoso is removed from the Fire and is made to enter paradise, he indeed is triumphant. The life of this world is but comfort of illusion. 3:185 Holy Qur'an

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

All the description of HELL in the Holy Qur'an is the Truth, it is a warning to mankind of what awaits them in the Hereafter. Everything than man did from the beginning of the world that we know is written in the Scriptures, and God Himself attested to the Truthfulness of the Holy Qur'an and the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him)

2:119 Lo! We have sent thee O Muhammad with the truth, a bringer of glad tidings and a warner. And thou wilt not be asked about the owners of hell-fire.

2:120 And the Jews will not be pleased with thee, nor will the Christians, till thou follow their creed. Say: Lo! the guidance of Allah (Himself) is Guidance. And if thou shouldst follow their desires after the knowledge which hath come unto thee, then wouldst thou have from Allah no protecting guardian nor helper.

2:121 Those unto whom We have given the Scripture, who read it with the right reading, those believe in it. And whoso disbelieveth in it, those are they who are the losers.

If you will read the Qur'an with the right reading and hoping to find guidance, then Allah the Most Merciful if He wills wil make it clear for you and guide you.

Abu Huraira (may Allah be please with him) is one of the companions of the Prophet Muhammad related that the Prophet Muhammad, (peace be upon him) said, “How will you be when the son of Mary descends among you and your leader will be from among yourselves?” [Al-Bukhari & Muslim] It is also confirmed in the Sahih from Jabir ibn Abdullah that he heard the Prophet (peace be upon him) say, “A group of people from my Nation will continue to fight in defense of the truth and remain triumphant until the Day of Judgment.”

How will it be when Jesus (peace be upon him) comes to lead the Muslim people on that Day?

“And verily We have written in the Scripture, after the Reminder: “My righteous slaves will inherit the earth.” 21:105 Holy Qur'an

Peace!

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

I find the Qur'an interesting in this respect because of the irony presented. The very messenger (Jesus) that is to be heeded had a message of loving enemies and turning the other cheek. The main message from the messenger was to love others deeply in loving-kindness and forgiveness. The Qur'an becomes a message of judgment on those who hate and use violence and deceit on the path of life.

The true believer is the one who rescues his neighbor on the path of life as stated in Luke 10 with the story of the good Samaritan. We really only find one group in this world actually following the message of Jesus. There were four characters in the good Samaritan story (Luke 10):

1) The robbers who steal, kill and destroy

2) The Hebrew who was robbed

3) The Hebrews who ignored their own fellow man

4) The enemy of the Jew who loved His neighbor with no hatred in his heart

Which two will be called the believers? The one who fell and the one who rescued him. Common sense tells the truth. Compare this to the world we see today where innocent blood is being shed. Look at each nation around Israel. Look at Israel. How about America? Can we consider ourselves the good Samaritan or the enemy who steals, kills and destroys?

Division has always been the tactic of the deceiver of mankind. Jesus message was a message of loving others. The Qur'an specifically outlines what happens if this message is not followed. We are each one of the four listed above as we walk the path of life. We either light the fire we burn by or we are the lamp that guides the way in the darkness for others. By leading others, we lead ourselves.

edit on 8-10-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Ok atheist and people of other religions there is no need to worry about muslim hell

Here’s why
If you are dead you and find yourself in the company of two Arab looking angels then the muslims where right, (don't panic) the good news is they >have< to ask you 3 questions – here are the answers

Question 1 – who is your lord – answer = just say allah (of course)
Question 2 – what is your religion- answer = just say islam (of course)
Question 3 – they show you a picture and ask you to identify who it is

Ok question 3 is a bit tricky, the answer is ether; say its mohammad or you should riot and burn down a Danish embassy - im just not sure which at the moment

Here’s a video of some guy explaining it all

edit on 8-10-2011 by racasan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

Division has always been the tactic of the deceiver of mankind. Jesus message was a message of loving others.

True.
Yet...in both christian AND islamic accounts of the end times, when Jesus returns he wont be "loving" his enemies. Instead he will be ruthlessly fighting those who he has a problem with (the people loyal to the anti-christ).
He will not be "turning the other cheek" or "praying for those who persecute" his people.

With regard to the OP, hell seems to exist because "love" seems to end at a certain point.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by racasan

EDIT: There is also something about God granting believing souls the strength to get up and answer the interrogating angel correctly.
So.... I would not assume its that easy to hoodwink these angels.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Wait - isn’t this a logic fail?

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

EDIT: There is also something about God granting believing souls the strength to get up and answer the interrogating angel correctly.

what’s the point of the angels asking questions?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by racasan

I have no idea.

Maybe its just "procedure".

Or perhaps it just means that these angels cant be bull#ed to...

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Division has always been the tactic of the deceiver of mankind. Jesus message was a message of loving others.

True.
Yet...in both christian AND islamic accounts of the end times, when Jesus returns he wont be "loving" his enemies. Instead he will be ruthlessly fighting those who he has a problem with (the people loyal to the anti-christ).
He will not be "turning the other cheek" or "praying for those who persecute" his people.

With regard to the OP, hell seems to exist because "love" seems to end at a certain point.

When Christ came the first time, they thought this. You may be surprised to see how events actually transpire. When Christ appears, faith will become fact. I don't think a shot will be fired, although I may be wrong. What power can stand against the sword of truth when faith becomes fact? When Christ appears, so does the salvation of the believer. We are not appointed unto wrath. Those who are martyred will judge the nations that remain. The final bloodshed will not be from the hands of Christ, but from those who steal, kill and destroy themselves.

Think this through. When believers are taken and preserved, the rest of the world comes against themselves. The plan may be for one world order, but disorder is what comes from unrighteousness. The Holy Spirit is removed from the earth at this time and the restraining power of God is gone. Christ will not so much come as a conquering military might, but as a shepherd that rescues the lambs.

Zachariah 4:
6Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.

edit on 8-10-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

When Christ appears, so does the salvation of the believer. We are no appointed unto wrath. Those who are mattered will judge the nations that remain. The final bloodshed will not be from the hands of Christ, but from those who steal, kill and destroy themselves.

I'd like to believe that.... but Ive heard from christians that the return of Jesus will be marked by much bloodshed...especially the blood of people who are loyal to the anti-chist.
But we also need to take into account the christian and islamic belief that the returning Jesus will fight the forces of the AC.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

reply to post by racasan

I have no idea.

Maybe its just "procedure".

Wow so you are saying there are bureaucrats in the after life – that is truly evil

Or perhaps it just means that these angels cant be bull#ed to.

so why bother with the questions if the answers are known – isn't this just jerk people around?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by racasan

so why bother with the questions if the answers are known – isn't this just jerk people around?

a) Perhaps its because someone who ends up in hell should not get to say, "but... but... my life ended and I just woke up in this horrible fire.

b) or perhaps its "procedure" in the same way a judge might ask an obvious criminal if he is guilty or not.
The criminal may have the "correct" answers but if the judge knows he is lying, he (the judge) will simply raise points against the criminal and call him out.

The criminal can walk to his cell thinking the judge was just jerking him around, but its just another day at work for the judge.

Honestly, I dont know and will not claim to know.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by racasan

"You must answer these questions three, ere the other side ye see."

No, seriously, I noted years ago that the Tibetan Buddhist Hell looks so much like the "Christian" Hell, that most of the difference is merely in the artistic style of the depiction. The Japanese devil has horns and it is red. Did not the Christian concept of Hell come from pagan sources? My research indicates so, but most Christians are so tied to this idea, that you can not get an opening wedge into the door of their minds. Sometimes I think most people should just be called "Hellians" they believe in it so stongly. They say it's in the Bible but I can not see it. The Quran spells it out more explicitly, but I do not accept it as authoritative, and besides it was written only after Hell was an established idea. I can just imagne Dante and Mohammad swapping ideas about Hell. Oh, the hell with it.
edit on 8-10-2011 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short

Originally posted by racasan

"You must answer these questions three, ere the other side ye see."

You might find this useful

style.org...

No, seriously, I noted years ago that the Tibetan Buddhist Hell looks so much like the "Christian" Hell, that most of the difference is merely in the artistic style of the depiction. The Japanese devil has horns and it is red. Did not the Christian concept of Hell come from pagan sources? My research indicates so, but most Christians are so tied to this idea, that you can not get an opening wedge into the door of their minds. Sometimes I think most people should just be called "Hellians" they believe in it so stongly. They say it's in the Bible but I can not see it. The Quran spells it out more explicitly, but I do not accept it as authoritative, and besides it was written only after Hell was an established idea. I can just imagne Dante and Mohammad swapping ideas about Hell. Oh, the hell with it.
edit on 8-10-2011 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

I suspect the early christians just turned pan in to a horned type devil
en.wikipedia.org...
so as to demonize pagan beliefs

but the Japanese devil imagery is interesting, I will have to look in to that

As for Tibetan Buddhist Hell, well all hell’s are going to be similar in that will have some features in common, pain (and nothing hurts like fire) and someone to hurt you
But I think Tibetan Buddhist Hell is different to Abrahamic hell in that you are not sent there as divine judgement (you sort of do it to yourself) and you don’t go there for ever (it’s a bit like catholic purgatory)

As for the Quran, its just using the old carrot(heaven) stick(hell) approach to get followers, so its nothing new

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by racasan

You're on the right track, unlike some.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

No, seriously, I noted years ago that the Tibetan Buddhist Hell looks so much like the "Christian" Hell, that most of the difference is merely in the artistic style of the depiction.

If so, then why is it that so many belief systems include a "hell" ?

Whats your understanding?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join