It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It will now be a crime in America to do things in foreign countries that aren't crimes.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
From a realistic standpoint this is impossible to regulate, they can't keep crack houses from springing up in abandoned homes how will they regulate everyone's actions all over the world?

From a legal standpoint this bill will be trashed before it even becomes a law.

This is just a way to get people acclimated to the idea that thought crime is okay and perfectly legal which is laughable. It's just meant to push fear into those who think the government can get away with it.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
And just how would they enforce this ridiculous piece of legislation?

Record every conversation, then follow all Americans abroad?

Why are we still paying these idiots?

Seems to me Congress could find something a touch more useful to do with their time, that WE bought and paid for.

Although, if they DO enforce it, that would create literally millions of jobs.

Pad lock the doors of Capitol Hill, and start over.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ironclad
reply to post by drew1749

Well you know what..

I think I'll save up some money and take a trip to Europe and smoke some pot and some other dodgy stuff for my next holiday...

Oh no, I have just committed a federal crime..!!!

Wait... DOH..!! That's right, it's all cool.
I'm not a US citizen so they can't do a damn thing...lol "yet".

I can totally see the US declaring that any law broken by anyone anywhere will be within their jurisdiction. .
edit on 10/9/2011 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

Its that way to a degree already.
It's not gonna be very hard for them to get a global war on those evil drugs.
They are the creators of the war on terror.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

This is dangerous insanity. Thanks for once again embarrassing me, .USGOVCORP
edit on 9-10-2011 by ACEMANN because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by spirit_horse
It isn't law yet. It is a bill sponsored by them. I highly doubt it will pass. Congress can't agree on much these days, but that would interfere more with the upper class that can afford to go globe trotting. It is a misguided effort to stop smuggling out of countries like Mexico into the US most likely. Heck, most of the Congress probably breaks US law out of the country. Well, even in the country!

I will be keeping an eye on it though. Another piece of the police state puzzle. Worse is the fact that the president can have you killed or locked up indefinately without benefit of due process for as long as he likes. They are putting down the groundwork for the nightmare they have planned and these protests are going to scare them into something stupid. I would not be surprised to see Obama declare a state of emergency over the protests and suspend congress, declare martial law, and give himself dictatorial powers under Bush.

edit on 8/10/11 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

This bill may or may not pass, but the fact that anyone in congress is this #ing delusional says it all on the state of america. and yeah, once POTUS gets away with whacking americans like he's john gotti, then nothing is off the table. for those who are thinking of leaving...escapeartist.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

Ex-patriot, Ive been looking into buying land in Belize, its been my wife and I's retirement plan, Now it sounds much more appealing to just move there now, We are thinking of maybe splitting our time between the US and Belize to eventually permanently move there.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Realistically they dont need to enforce anything and rule over peoples lives thats to much work the government wants is the authority to dominate we the people how and when sees fit or they can also look the other way for some people whom they know possibly at the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow coming out some peoples ass

Only thing that matters is it can be use against anyone that wants to change the Status quo there by threatening the power of the established order and/or subverting the authority by which those powers where ordered by ruling law

Law of Cause and Effect
“Every Cause has its Effect; every Effect has its Cause; everything happens according to Law; Chance is but a name for Law not recognized; there are many planes of causation, but nothing escapes the Law.”

Pierces rule-- "Wealth seeks Power to protect itself"
"Power is derived from Authority; Authority is established by Order; Order comes from Chaos; Chaos is Anarchy; Society is only 3 meals away from Anarchy at anytime. Food is Power, for both sustaining and growing Wealth; Wealth is sustained by Growth anything less Falls into a Decline meaning not enough for anyone and everyone"-- MHK

The wealthy are the ones most invested in society the more one is to the top the more you wish to avoid change at all costs since they are already at the top but change is unavoidable due to the Law of Vibration--“Nothing rests; everything moves; everything vibrates.”

For those at or nearer the bottom change is what life is loving it and/or hating because its going to happen only question is this change a positive or negative thing and that depends on where and from whom we look at it from.

Law of Polarity
“Everything is Dual; everything has poles; everything has its pair of opposites; like and unlike are the same; opposites are identical in nature, but different in degree; extremes meet; all truths are but half-truths; all paradoxes may be reconciled.”

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join