It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisconsin Judge Says We Have No Right to Choose Our Food

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Wisconsin Judge Says We Have No Right to Choose Our Food

www.wnd.com

A Wisconsin judge has decided – in a fight over families' access to milk from cows they own – that Americans "do not have a fundamental right to consume the milk from their own cow."

The ruling comes from Circuit Court Judge Patrick J. Fiedler in a court battle involving a number of families who owned their own cows, but boarded them on a single farm.

The judge said the arrangement is a "dairy farm" and, therefore, is subject to the rules and regulations of the state of Wisconsin.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.gaia-health. com
www.realmilk.com
www.capitalpress.com
minnesota.publicradio.org

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
The people who owned the cows shared them in some sort of co-op with other farmers. This is not unlike people who own horses and board them at other places. Apparently this judge has issues with people who buy cows or other large livestock for the purpose of providing dairy products for their families.

Wisconsin is not the only state facing this issue, Iowa is as well. I believe the issue stems from the sale of unpasteurized dairy products across state lines. But if a family is using the dairy products themselves, I do not see why this is an issue. But apparently the farm where the cows are kept seems to also be a commercial farm. According to this article, the commercial dairy business seems to have competition and that is what is pushing this ruling through.

We should have the right to drink raw milk if we so choose. I personally do not like the taste, but others do. There are many people who are turning to goats milk because some believe the nutritional value is greater than cow milk.

And the FDA cannot prevent the diseases coming from farms and ranches that the FDA themselves monitor.

www.wnd.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

If you'd like to take advantage of it, there are three pages of discussion on this issue at Wisconsin Milk Case

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Thanks for finding more articles about this. There wasn't much out there when I wrote about it:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's a quite disturbing notion and I hope this achieves more coverage. More people should know about this. It sets a bad precedence in future cases.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Forgoten_Whisper

I did not know there was a thread. Thank you both for telling me that. I just came in my email this morning and I assumed it was recent news.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

It's no problem, when I found it there was only a few pages I could find the story, mostly blogs. I'm glad you found more sources. It shows it's getting more attention, which it needs.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Even more of a reason for the people in that state to Occupy Green Bay

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
**** him... we need to make sure he gets milk from a badly diseased cow.

it's a WRAP for this country...

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxnibiruxx
Even more of a reason for the people in that state to Occupy Green Bay

So you are saying for the Thanksgiving day football game the disclaimer should be...Cheeseheads not made from raw milk...?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Knew a guy growing up - family had a goat. They drank the milk. They were all smart. Books everywhere. I'm not sure if it was the goat milk, though. But something, maybe genetic.
edit on 6-10-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
Knew a guy growing up - family had a goat. They drank the milk. They were all smart. Books everywhere. I'm not sure if it was the goat milk, though. But something, maybe genetic.
edit on 6-10-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

If the judge in Wisconsin thinks he should tell us how to eat, then maybe he could make dairy prices come down. And he is infringing on the rights of the Amish as well, because they generally drink raw milk. This cow cooperative is a great idea I think. We should be able to grow our food and consume it.

I wonder where the line will be drawn. Would they insist in the future that people can't grow gardens and eat their own tomatoes?

And they were smart, the goats milk probably helped a little.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
when i was a kid living in wisconsin me and dad had to drink raw milk from relatives farm step mother and brother only used 2%milk fror their cereal. did it harm us no did it taste good no and every morning you had to shake cream back into milk

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by proteus33
when i was a kid living in wisconsin me and dad had to drink raw milk from relatives farm step mother and brother only used 2%milk fror their cereal. did it harm us no did it taste good no and every morning you had to shake cream back into milk

I think if someone likes raw milk, more power to them. My mother's aunts and uncles drank raw milk every day and they all lived to be very old before they died. One uncle gave me some the same morning he had gotten some from his neighbor (they were from the mountains in Kentucky) and it was the worst tasting stuff, in my opinion.

But if a person buys a cow to feed their families by it, then they have that right. I have relatives that buys piglets, raises them then has them slaughtered. Other people have their names on lists by county sheriffs to get the deer meat from deer that has been run over by vehicles. We live in a time where we have to do what we have to do. I think it is called self-sufficiency.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
This is probably coming from a guy that eats the best of real organic foods with a little too much of self-interest. Living in the South if I was in his shoes, I'd be afraid to say something along those lines. I think the people 'round these parts wouldn't take to kindly to that kinda talk.

new topics

top topics

join