It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Efforts to Defund or Ban Infant Male Circumcision Are Unfounded and Potentially Harmful, Experts Arg

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by RogerT

Here it is for all to see:

Does Circumcision remove the most sensative parts of the penis?

The study says:

Yes.

From the same site and the link was on the same page as the OP's source article.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I guess fundamentally this IS a religious discussion.

Is anyone able to demonstrate any *tradition* (as opposed to emergency procedure) of circumcision which is not rooted in religion?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Big sigh over this post.

There was only one person who got what I said.

Which was this - if you are born with parts, you should keep those parts - they are there for a reason.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by FriendlyGopher
THIS IS IT! Subject closed!

Anyone who disagrees is evil and doesn't respect a humans right to decide for him/herself.

There's really no discussion here and in a few millennial people will be astounded for the abuse that people put on their children.

If health benefits are really a just reason than you can start removing a LOT more from the human body at birth so don't even go there.

First, whether I agree or disagree with you is besides the point. It is horribly judgemental of you to accuse any who disagree with your opinion of being evil. The subject is not closed, and will probably never be. There is always room for discussion.

Second, do you have children. If so, do you make any decisions for them, or do you just allow them to be ill or injured or molested or kidnapped or any myriad of other things that can happen to children?
If not, then shut the hell up.

I not only respect a person's right to make a decision for him/herself, but will defend that right to the death, but speaking as a parent, I have not only the right, but the duty to make some decisions for my child, whether my child likes it or not.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
i cant imagine how we as a species have survived with our evil foreskins..

please.

i personally never had heard the cut vs uncut debates until i stepped on the internet, maybe because as far as i can see its not an issue here, its a medical practice done by choice and largely motivated by religious and or other group mentality reasons.

but entering the realm of claims of reducing hiv infections, female humans prefering it, better sexual performance, etc etc

sorry but that sounds just like plain old marketing technique

and its funny how these debates only seem to be an issue in countries that are aligned or subservient to that other country that harbours those people with a large number of outdated and barbaric practices that they call a religion... the same religion that preaches everyone in it to be superior to the rest of us.

like i said, group mentality.

go figure

if being uncut or cut is what defines what a man is and is able to do in life... maybe we are looking the wrong way.

im a man, but even i am tired of this phallic obsession.

oh and to debunk the biggest myth in this thread
women do not care if you have a foreskin or not, and if they do, well than they're not the type of women i want to reproduce with either.

natural eugenics lol

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone
Big sigh over this post.

There was only one person who got what I said.

Which was this - if you are born with parts, you should keep those parts - they are there for a reason.

I not only understand it but came here to post similar sentiment.

Additionally, how are we to trust "experts" who propagate nonsense?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Maybe if it were easier for people to get diseases from having sex there wouldn't be so many sluts in America. Did you know that the Jews circumcised their children after eight days of birth as a cultural thing? Did you also know that Jesus said we don't need a literal physical circumcision but a spiritual one? Did you know that circumcision takes away as much as 20% of the feeling and also makes your penis smaller? I personally don't think it's very cool to pull a little baby away from their mother and go cut off part of their penis right after birth. Seriously. Do you think that this wouldn't have any effect on men? Aside from problems in society I am willing to bet that circumcision is part of why men are responsible for 90% of all violent crimes. Maybe also another reason why men are so infatuated with their non member members. LOL. I can vouch for all this as I'm circumcised myself. TMI you say? Well then you never should have asked.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Just to add to some of the comments about female circumsion, what is actually being discussed is removal of the clitoris which IS genital mutilation.

True female circumsion is removal of the clitoral hood, which can enhance sexual pleasure in anorgasmic women but should only be considered by an adult woman who is capable of granting completely informed consent.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by gamesmaster63

They seem like rather relative terms.

Essentially they could all be classified as mutilation.

Nevertheless your distinction is an important one to make.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Most of you on this forum wont agree or don't want to agree, but getting circumcised is a good thing, wont attract most diseases, plus it looks cleaner, and girls like the look of it, instead of having some ugly skin covering the top.. just looks dreadful.. BUT HEY this is ATS, nothing pleases you people.

Oh and im circumcised so.. win.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by StevenDye

But...as a parent, you are still making a medical choice for a child that can not give informed consent. Which is a parent's job.

What it really comes down to, as long as the parents have done their research, is the parents preference.

I am circumised and if I had had a son, he wouldn't have been, not because of any health issues or funding issues, but because that is the choice, as his parent, that I have made.
edit on 6-10-2011 by gamesmaster63 because: added content

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Zatox

good for you.

and besides cliches,do you have anything of value to add?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by gamesmaster63
reply to post by StevenDye

But...as a parent, you are still making a medical choice for a child that can not give informed consent. Which is a parent's job.

Are you so certain it really is a medical decision and not generational repetition of a tradition rooted in religion?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I don't know... to me stating that circumcision help prevent venerial diseases, is a bit equal to saying beheadings prevent migraines...

But hey, I'm no doctor... ;-)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by MissCoyote

Surgical wart removal, tissue biopsy, removal of infected toe or fingernail, tooth extraction.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Horza
reply to post by RogerT

Here it is for all to see:

Does Circumcision remove the most sensative parts of the penis?

The study says:

Yes.

From the same site and the link was on the same page as the OP's source article.

Just to quote the study conclusion that was posted in BJU Int., as some posters aren't the link clicking type:

A recent study by M. Sorrels and colleagues from the National Organization of Circumcision Information Resource Center and Michigan State University mapped the fine-touch pressure thresholds of the adult male penis in circumcised and uncircumcised men and compared the two populations.
This study suggests that the transitional region from the external to the internal prepuce is the most sensitive region of the uncircumcised penis and more sensitive than the most sensitive region of the circumcised penis. It appears that circumcision ablates the most sensitive parts of the penis.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
religious circumcision is basically saying:

"God made a mistake"

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by naghammadi

lol

its either that or

"please remove protection seal before first usage"

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Well I'm happy i got my mutilation have you ever seen one that hasnt its gross. Then that excess skin can get infected if you dont take care of it and to kids well you know how kids are they will end up with infections if their parents dont clean it right

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Jeez people want to argue about this when there are much more important things in the world.

Uncirced units look uglier to most girls in the modern world (go ahead and ask them if you dont believe me) they smell worse, and are definitely more prone to yeast and urinary tract infections.

Hard to say about the sensitivity, it still feels great to me so no problems there. Id imagine having it done later it life would decrease sensitivity.

And a lot of people like to say "its so painful look at the baby just cry away!" well... I sure dont remember getting it done and I guarantee not a single one of you remember it getting done at birth either, and id prefer it that way.

So I dont know about all of you but im thankful my parents decided to have it done for me.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join