It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What just slammed the Sun?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Cytra

I think the big round covering in the middle of the screen is intended to keep the sun from taking up the entire picture. So yes, but no.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Possible earthquake early warning signal discovered wattsupwiththat.com...

From the AGU: An atmospheric precursor to the recent Japan megaquake

Most scientists believe that earthquakes are inherently unpredictable, and reports of various kinds of earthquake precursor signals have been difficult to verify. However, in a new study, Heki reports a possible ionospheric precursor to the devastating 11 March 2011 magnitude 9 Tohoku earthquake in Japan. Analyzing data from the Japanese GPS network, he detects an increase in the total electron content (TEC) in the ionosphere above the focal region of the earthquake beginning about 40 minutes before the quake.
Key Points
■Positive TEC anomaly appears before M9 class events
■The anomaly occurs above the epicenter and lasts ~1 hour
■M9 class earthquakes can be predicted

Its a interesting article ...Not sure how accurate it is but is something to chew on ....

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

OK, I had only just woken up.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Newbomb Turk

Not bad but what this YTer fails to take into account - as so many fail - is the polarity of the magnetism in the sunspots. 11302 was reasonably large. The reason it did not do much is because possibly more than 50% of the group was negative.

Currently 11309 just appearing is about the same so may not do much unless that changes. I find this site to be better than most for detailed information.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

It is accurate.

It is short notice warning but research may well extend this to a few weeks. Unfortunately other than that they remain unpredictable but a few weeks warning is a SIGNIFICANT benefit.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
this is crazy lucky it didn't hit the earth
edit on 4-10-2011 by knowneedtoknow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   

ak-akakak-ak ak. AK AK!
le aliens are a coming!
DUCK AND COVER.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Well !!! l... it's time to move underground so we don't become french fries :-)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyingSpaghettiMonster

Given that the sun comprises 99% of all mass in the solar system, its gravity is such that it will attract lots of other spatial bodies, in much the way the gas giants like Jupiter and Saturn hoover up asteroids and comets, leaving Earth relatively safe from these impacts. I'm curious: I wonder if it was an object already known to NASA?

PS: shame the guy in the youtube clip has to lower himself to labelling anyone who doesn't agree with him as 'sheeple'. I really hope that miserable phrase can die a death very soon.
edit on 3-10-2011 by FlyingSpaghettiMonster because: (no reason given)

there is great speculation that it was a comet that hit the sun Before the good folks banned me fro glp.. ther were videos from nasa that were on that siteshowing this event... very amazing!!

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   

edit on 4-10-2011 by BlackPoison94 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Looked like a standard impact to me. Sol can take it.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Looks like lasco-www.nrl.navy.mil...

there was some after effects also.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
If you haven't already you should download all the .gif files from that military site, you will find some very interesting things if you look closely at the sun. (mainly the files toward the bottom of the page like this one that goes from April up to October)

Here's the link: INDEX

By the way, does anyone know what that winged object is to the left of the sun that appears to be moving really fast? (well its fast for the amount of time that is passing) which is found in the clip provided by the post above me
edit on 4-10-2011 by xxnibiruxx because: link

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Hello guys.
I also discovered a big burst on 3rd October. Cannot say what caused it because of missing frames.
Whats your guess ?
www.youtube.com...

Greetz
MrIzze

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
What if I was to tell you the ones that control most world affairs are doing a sort of information warfare on you and then studying your reactions so they can tweak the reality you are use to.

Would you believe me without proof? Do you not see?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
there was a article on spaceweather.com a few days ago about a comet heading towards the sun.what i want to know is what the heck it was made out of to make it all the way into the sun and almost out the other side!!

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxnibiruxx
If you haven't already you should download all the .gif files from that military site, you will find some very interesting things if you look closely at the sun. (mainly the files toward the bottom of the page like this one that goes from April up to October)

Here's the link: INDEX

By the way, does anyone know what that winged object is to the left of the sun that appears to be moving really fast? (well its fast for the amount of time that is passing) which is found in the clip provided by the post above me
edit on 4-10-2011 by xxnibiruxx because: link

Wondering what the winged thing is too man, and your right, it is moving very fast for how quick the time is going and size in the clip. This has been in pics for a while, but is more vibrant than ever now

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by daggyz
Things have been hitting the sun since it was born.

So this event affects us how? (other than the ramblings of the paranoid)

LOL

Things have also been hitting the earth since it was born, and that didn't pan out to well for the dinosaurs now did it,

Nobody is being paranoid as far as i can see, but effect us how? well maybe if that CME was pointing down the barrel at earth it could effect us in terms of keeping the power grids live & the lights on,

Cautious is the word your looking for

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Blimey... what the funk was that? Huge Impact! Did you see the effect it had on the other side of the Sun?

Unless of course there is a way to produce this type of effect using software!

Imagine if that hit Earth... that would have been the end of the world for sure.

EDIT: Actually thinking about it, i don't think anything hitting the Sun on one side could have a huge effect on the other side like this.. either co-incidence that that huge flare just went off at same time or that thing which hit into it is fake!!
edit on 4-10-2011 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Don't comets hit the Sun all the time?

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join