It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When the President can kill whoever he wants

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
reply to post by macman

We are at war and you take out your declared enemy before he has a chance to kill you. Rules of engagement are different and are dictated by the situation on the ground.

So, as you put it I can go walk into a crowded theatre, kill 50 people and if I'm shot the people who shot me need to be incarcerated and would be wrong? You ever heard of "Kill 1 to save a thousand"?, this applies here.

The thing is though. WE ARE NOT AT WAR.We are in a "extended military engagement" Congress never formally declared war, therefore the President nor any part of our US government can deprive a US born citizen of their 5th amendment rights without due process. No matter how "evil" they may be. He still has his rights just like you, me, Jeffrey Dahlmer, or any other murderer.

And yes, going against America is "treason" but just think, first its a US citizen who is part of an extremist Islamic group. What's it gonna be next? A citizen who organizes a protest to rid the Government of corruption, or a citizen simply speaking out against the wrongs of our leaders who they think needs to be 'silenced'

Welcome to 1984.
edit on 10/3/2011 by ArrowsNV because: Added last part

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

When you commit Treason and go over to the enemy, you are no longer a citizen but an ex-patriot and give up all rights. As an enemy combatant you become a target in War. The nonsense about Congress not declaring a war is just that, nonsense. They approved the War on Terror and this is still part of that.

I understand the unease, but even Obama knows that this is a real war against a real enemy that wants us dead. You, me and even other Muslims not in line with their Jihad dead. That is real, dead is real and evil is real.

Have you ever noticed a Terrorist unwilling to kill their fellow citizens? No. In fact the majority of victims are other Muslims living in the same countries as them.

This was a legitimate action. Could that power be abused? Yes it could and that is why we have to be careful who holds office.

Some people are so ideological it seems they would rather evil win than concede their is a real enemy. They turn a blind eye to the slaughter of innocent Muslims by Terrorists and an even blinder eye to the very real threat we are under. That there are people in this world that can be dealt with no other way than to remove them is a fact of life. A sad fact, but a fact all the same.

I can't stomach Obama for a moment, but I won't attack him when he does the right thing to protect people.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
reply to post by lbndhr

you're applying emotion to your statement but a logical person would understand that one would have to be tried for high treason and if convicted, which the government shouldn't have any difficulty doing if they had the proof they said they did, he would be killed for his crimes.

No he should not had been tried he declared America a enemy to his extremist views, he attempted many plots on us, he was in the mix of the underwater bomber, and then that second attempt, I can't remember exactly what o wait I remember know , dirt hood deaths he was in close contact to that traitor also.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

I have done the same. We the people are the same. What has gone awry is our government what the solution is, our founding fathers told us 200+ years ago

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ArrowsNV

The answer is this...DEATH TO THE DISSIDENT OF A DEMOCRACY....clearly this was wolves deciding what the sheepwas. Having for dinner right?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mike_trivisonno
reply to post by macman

I am sad to say, really I am, but there is no known account of Anwar Al-Awlaki renouncing his citizenship

Stunning. You have no idea what it means to be a muslim. Their faith and culture demands that they become muslims. They, by their acceptance of Islam, cannot be the citizens of any country. They are members of the Ummah. You confer upon them the rights of our culture while they seek to destroy it.

Please learn about Jihad and Islam before you hand over the Constitution and the Bill of Rights to those who would see them burned on the altar of Allah.

A number of Christian groups also make it clear their allegiance is with God over the US Government, and therefore do things such as refuse to stand when the "all rise" command is given in a US courtroom. Do Amish people deserve a trial? Do the Menanites? The ironic thing about your comment is that the people in the US who actually refuse to stand for a judge will often refuse to fight in wars because their loyalty is with God rather than government. Yeah, really dangerous people those Amish LOL.

You may well have a point about Jihad or Islam but certainly the fact that certain Muslim groups will not pledge allegiance to the flag is not something that come remotely close to meaning they should not be given the same rights as the rest of us.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
So the mainstream media tells us he's a "terrorist" and that he's had multiple plans to attack America, but maybe that's just what they want us to think. If they can say this guy was a terrorist, though I of course have no evidence supporting the contrary so he could very well be one, and order him to be assassinated, then they could say that about anyone. If we let this slide and let Obama get away with murdering an American citizen, the very people he swore to protect, who's to say he won't start doing the same with other American citizens? He could claim anyone's a terrorist or that they're a threat to America's safety but how are we to know that's actually the truth? The government can plant evidence and do so much more, they have more power than we all realize and they're only getting stronger and greedier. They can wipe away history and get rid of any evidence that reveals their foul play, it's time for everyone to wake up! If we continue in this way, we'll end up giving them all of our liberties. I, for once, am not willing to sacrifice my liberties for the support of ill-willed protection. It isn't like we're free right now anyway, but we're more free than we will be in the future if we keep Obama as President. He needs to be impeached, this should not be a question to be pondered. He has broken several Amendments of the Constitution and he will keep doing so because we let him. Everyone claims he's a savior and he's going to fix everything, but their eyes are just shut too tight. He's doing the exact opposite and is relishing in the benefits he's gained from taxpayers. He needs to be stopped and soon, before it's too late.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Real enemy huh? who exactly, any country that does not have a central banking cartel? anyone that wears a back pack? hey blain, i have observed your posts for awhile now. and what i get from your thread's is that your sense of nationalism diludes your judgement, and allows you to claim anyone and everyone that does not fit with the U.S. propaganda an enemy combatant?

Hey Blain, what if the government took you and your family to jail without Habeus Corpus, then would you open up your eyes?

This country even with the federalist was built with a constitution, what we are observing right now, is the oligarchy do what they want to-when they want to do it, with no strings attached, as they have done it this way since forever,and the only thing that kept them at bay was a constitution, which i am dam proud to be apart of.

edit on 3-10-2011 by allprowolfy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
First they came for Anwar al-Awlaki,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a member of Al Qaeda.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

I think it is more important to cure the disease than to suppress the symptom.

USA has to get beyond very-short term thinking, if it wants to lead in the 21st century. It must carefully consider its friends, and then work vigorously to develop those friendships.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ArrowsNV

As long as the main boots are on the ground the war is still on. We are not scheduled to leave The Afghan Theatre fully until 2014 so until then it remains on.

There would've been a massive firefight that would've gotten friendly's killed if we'd attempted to storm the compound from the ground. In situations of ground base near impenetrable exterior the preferred strategy and game plan is an assault by air. Far more effective and less costly plus an added advantage is as long as they don't have long range spotters, radar, sonar, thermal-graphic imagery or microwave surveillance equipment positioned at increments of like 10mi, 50mi, and 100 mi out from base you ain't seeing it coming and the potential of a successful counterstrike from the ground be nil.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   

The Nobel Peace Prize winner has just announced that he has has told the CIA that it can assinate American citizens in direct violation of the constitution and due process laws, in voilation of Federal laws and in violation of treaties to which the US is a party.

That sums it up perfectly.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

"When you commit Treason"

What form of due process determined this? (none).

Speaking out against the violent globalist lackey DC mafioso is a death sentence?.. my, what a fine 1930s German mob we have turned into.. "dear leader says off with his head, so be it!!!"

Politicians are incompetent, liars, cant balance a check book, and are ruining this nation.. trusting them to issue death sentences is a great idea!! look how well it worked in WWII Germany!!.. N Korea likes it tho..

True justice is whatever strangers on TV say it is... baaaaaabaaaaa back to sleep sheep, dont think for yourself.. follow your wise virtuous leaders, kill who they tell you.. dont dare think for yourself.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Originally posted by macman

He was still a US citizen. He was still protected by US laws.

US citizen..yes

Traitor and Enemy Combatant on foriegn soil? Yes

Protected by US laws?? WHAT???

US Laws do not apply to foriegn combatants or foriegn soil.

If they were then we should prosecute the entirety of the US Military as well.

Yes, a US citizen is still protected from execution by the US Govt or Departments of even when outside the US.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

When you commit Treason and go over to the enemy, you are no longer a citizen but an ex-patriot and give up all rights. As an enemy combatant you become a target in War.

Yes, you are correct. But, was there an official process to declare his actions treason, deemed a traitor and thus leading to him being killed?

I think that is the $50m question.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Oh I must have forgotten that some of this sites membership think that killing US Citizens working in our government is a good thing and don't see anything wrong with what Anwar al-Awlaki was all about. In fact, their ideals and goals are quite similar.

1. Kill Americans that work for the government.
2. Install a fascist theocracy to rule over the masses eliminating any and all freedom for all except a privileged few.

I understand now why people are so bent out of shape over this. It's kinda like they killed a kindred spirit. And some find the idea of us killing people with the same goals as them troubling.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join