It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Escaping from Zip Ties

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowalker

again, we cannot assume this video's only aim is to defeat law enforcement restraints.

i think its safe to assume that burglars will obtain the common cheap kind used in the video.

is there some other foul play that you noticed in the video that would negate the information presented?

i am not trying to be argumentative. i am just trying to decide if there is any value in the information presented.

thanks again.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

kill.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by RelentlessLurker

lol no offense taken. He states in the comments they are only 175# burst failure. With the motion and momentum they probably break with 125-135# of actual pressure. its just very misleading because of the quality. Try this. Take the zip tie and bend the head back and forth till it become half as thick as it was. now hold it at arms length and the defiecincey is undetectable and it will pop every bit as loud. However try it again grabbing the tie head and the slide held sideways and bend it down at 90 degrees. did it fall off in your fingers? there is your answer. as long as there is enough gap or airspace held....and since LE isnt going to use home depot zip ties.... bend the hed back and forth till it thins out and then snap it off at the 90 degrees with your fingers. your out with little to no effort.

You may now either break them off behind your back with little effort or impress your friends with a loud pop and show of 'strength.'

This wont work with LE style as they are a very different blend of nylon, dacron and flexible delrin. that stuff is hard as nails, and resists damage better than most plastics out there. One time we used the center of the monodnock cuffs to machine a part out of to fix the ignition on an old motor cycle. we just greased the pivot holes and the part is still working fine almost 10 years later. thats the kind of plastic the real ones are made from.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MentalGiant
OP Great Information. Thank You. This information is exactly the type of content that is valuable. Quick, easy, competant, thoughtful.Easy to pass on to those you love for extreme survival knowledge.

If my life is at stake because they caught me, for some illegal reason, and are transporting me to some illegal location, Ill risk the bullet, as I flee during the confusion.

edit on 4-10-2011 by MentalGiant because: (no reason given)

me 2 and I would not hesitate to take "force" if need be. There are some decisions that equal survival. At least for another day....

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thestargateisreal
This could be extremely useful one day. Not everyone that's going to zip tie you is going to be in the right.

There have been times when it's absolutely right.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join