It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does God exist? Is there evidence for the existence of God?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SerialVelocity

Originally posted by ImmortalThought
Yes, God does exist. If God was non-existent there would be no thread to debate the existense of the issue. If God did not exist we would not know of it and there would be ZERO discussion.

The question that should be debated is how is God defined. Is God outside of us or within us? Can we even give God parameters? I could go on... but, the question of whether he does or doesnt exist is not understanding.

That argument doesn't work...many have discussed the existence of the teapot that orbits the sun, just because it is up for discussion doesn't mean that it exists purely on that basis. What about the Spaghetti Monster in the Sky? Enough people have talked about his existence that surely by your reasoning he now exists? We must now work out how he is defined...

You're not seeing where I am coming from.

You are limiting existence by giving the spaghetti monster a life like existence. Maybe you imagine the spaghetti monster as something with arms, legs, a torso and a head, very similar to a human. This is called personification. To exist you do not a life like quailty.

I just sketched with a pen and paper the spaghetti monster being digested by Pac Man.

Does the pen exist? x)

This is why I said it is not a question of God existing, but what defines God's existence is more important.

______

BUT if you were to define God in your question you could limit him to our logic and reason. That's why they say you can always find/discover God. Magnify certain aspects and then give them credence or not. Create or destroy. I would say this is part of human nature to micromange the details. As so we are really just arguing over symantics.

Is God a Human like being with super natural powers and has a throne in the sky and for fun he throws lightining bolts down on earth. From there we can speculate if that sterotype, we see often in hollywood or imagine when someone says "god," exists.

How you define god, is not the same as how a minister, hippie, car saleman, teacher, athlete or another ATSer defines god. Existence is a matter of the mind.

If you mind it matters, if you don't mind then it wont matter.

The principle of Mentalism: "The all is MIND; The universe is Mental."

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Redevilfan09

This may interest you.

www.youtube.com...

<< 1   >>

join