It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The End of the World as we know it.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by blazenresearcher
reply to post by Lono1

Agreed, two sides of the same coin. The cohesive yin and yang...can't have one without the other sort of thing...I guess if you think about it, that relates to males and females...

Indeed it does...

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by the_denv

While we analyze the events of today that concerns us and come up with a great answer, it has been already written about 2 thousand years ago in the bible . No one wants to believe such a not so fun book with punishment coming for the things you know you shouldn't have done . but it is right on cue . The bible states that the world will not end before the Great Tribulation and the Millennial Reign . That's 1007 years to go .
Turkey turning against Israel is a key point in prophecy dealing with Ezekiel 38 & 39 war of Gog and Magog . We are about to see that war come about .Israels nukes will be used . The world will not end but it will change drastically . When looking for answers for the problems of these latter days look to the bible .

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I like to think that it is just a matter of time before we just change our priorities, and begin in earnest to take care of one another.

A critical mass is reached and the whole lot of us change, almost instantly.

A school of fish all taking a hard left at once comes to mind...

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Lono1

I couldn't have put these sentiments any better myself. This is exactly how I feel about the whole issue.
S & F to you.

If something does happen I can (as the first responder to the OP suggested) only hope that i am on the winning side/A survivor and i get a chance to both experience a brighter future and get the opportunity to help mould it.

Goodluck and best wish's to all with similar sentiments

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
"Now, by "hope" I do not mean the campaign promises of "he who shall remain nameless"

AHAHAGAHAHGA!!! I love it- how appropos!!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Let me throw out a few thoughts.
#1. Will the world come to in an exciting end ? If its a doom and gloom ending, it will be far from an exciting. The only word that can be used to describe this ending would be, terrifying. Most of the human race will revert to primal instinct within hours. The human need to survive is the strongest instinct we have, and when worse comes to worse, most will kill to accomplish that end. Would you kill another to save a child. I think "Yes"

#2. Revolution. Very, very. Bad idea. If anyone has this idea in mind I'm sorry to have to say this. But your down right stupid. (And I really dislike using that word.) You can do or say almost anything you want in this country and some other countries. But think on this. You are allowed to push the status quo just so far. Than they start to push back. Those that have the power, have the power, to take away the power you think you have. They let us think that we can change the way things are. And we do make changes, the changes that they let us, while letting us think we cause it by our power. Power to the people. O Ya.

Take a good look at New York and what is going on there right now. Do you think that a hand full of people are going to make any difference. "No" but you put a hundred thousand people on that street and it will get someones attention. And give them a lot more breathing room. Its hard to push that many persons around. But it won't take long before someone either planted in the crowd or just someone that wants to see blood, spits on the sidewalk and than everything goes to the birds. The powers that be just need enough reason to bring in the troops. Than it becomes protecting the public and they can use any amount of force that is necessary to put it down. Again they have the power. So much for revolution.

#3. Most of the human race I would imagine is looking or hoping for a change. Some kind of evolution that will elevate the human consciousness beyond all of its failings. Could be, that this is the change we will see instead of this doom and gloom scenario. (even if most people like to see a good wreck in Nascar. I'm sure they don't really want to be in the wreck its self.)

Iv run out of time for now. I'll be back to finish my thoughts tomorrow.
Thanks for stopping by. Later.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
The best thread I've seen for months! Thank you, Lono1, for your words and for your understanding! I've been waiting for this for so long.
It's time for us to see and accept things as they are and stop fighting against and critisizing. Because everything that exists has the full right to do so and everyone of us is responsible for it. Separation is an illusion.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Wow, humbling.
Being in a scientific based career, I am one of those that give so much guff to the Elenids and Naber-oids....
Reading your post, I am going to back off, but not completely. I do believe, like you, that we all really want the same thing; however I think the answer is in how we collectively apply what we know .vs. hold out on hope based on what we do not know. S&F for you, great writing, great message.
edit on 29-9-2011 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SassyCat

Indeed! Well said SassyCat. Are you a Richard Dawkins fan by any chance? Just noticed your reference to the celestial teapot in your avatar.

IRM

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by kindred

Thanks Kindred! I'm glad some people see the gloom and doom phenomena for what it is. A cop out!

IRM

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by daynight42

You make some interesting points daynight42. There is a distinct religious zeal to all this doom nonsense..

IRM

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Lono1

Well I could not agree with you more ! I am thinking we have lost this world to persons known or unknown ? Maybe a compete sweep of this word is the best and only plan to save it! thanks for your view . there are so many good people here , we should be able to sort this situation out ! But against military forces this could be difficult ! my thanks again for a nice post. regards nick.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Lono1

About a year and a half ago, I looked to the future of humanity and saw nothing but chaos, death, and destruction, with maybe a few survivors at best.

Then... something strange started happening to me. I began listening to that tiny voice inside me I had squashed for so long, the one I had been conditioned since childhood to reject as imaginary, worthless, even crazy. Some people might call it my "soul", although at that point, as a nihilist atheist, I wouldn't have identified it in those terms. And yet the more I listened, the more it made sense.

I took the plunge. I went through a total deconstruction of the world views I had held up to that point, and built a new perspective based on the truth I found on my own. I did countless hours of research, paid attention to my dreams and instincts, and saw a trail begin to emerge.

Following that trail has been the most difficult and rewarding experience of my life. I can't provide answers for anyone - those have to come from your self, as mine did - but I can say with certainty that THERE IS A WAY FOR THIS TO END PEACEFULLY, and that is the future I see clearly for myself now. This can end abruptly without chaos, death or destruction. It can end beautifully, even ecstatically, and bring new beginnings that you could previously only conceive in dreams.

Strictly speaking (sourced from Wiki), "an Apocalypse (Greek: ἀποκάλυψις apokálypsis; "lifting of the veil" or "revelation") is a disclosure of something hidden from the majority of mankind in an era dominated by falsehood and misconception."

I hope someone will take my words and start digging, the way I did when prompted by a random post or article that particularly resonated with me. Anyone on this website already suspects that there is much going on behind the scenes... once you apply that concept to our 3D reality in general, you will begin to understand exactly how much has been hidden, and how much wonder and beauty and mystery actually awaits your discovery.

We are indeed nearing the end, but there is no need to buy into more fear, more anger, more limiting illusions. As the original poster stated, we ALL want the same thing - this all needs to end. If we want a peaceful, happy conclusion, it is easy to see that there is no way for us to work within the box anymore.

So... my open advice to everyone is to start thinking OUTSIDE the box. Listen to that voice inside you that tells you anything is possible... because it IS.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Lono1

well done giving us your opinion. i for one agree with you about "hoping for another biblical flood" because yes, subconsciously we do realize what kind of world this is, its f***ed. all the killing, the torturing, millions of children and adults unable to feed themselves, all because of the greedy selfish bastards sitting at the top of there government. we slave our lives at work trying to feed ourselves and or our family, work to pay rent so you have a comfy bed, place to shower and eat. when you really think about the way you live and how things REALLY work on this rock you will see another side to life, a despicable lie and things we dont "deserve" to know. we are still slaves to the kings/queens and the elite except our technology it a bit better. i really hope my next life will be on another planet. bring doomsday on !

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by DanteMustDie
reply to post by Blaine91555

Indeed, recent world events are certainly lining up for the proverbial dominoes to start tumbling. My concerns have recently been on the Israel/Palestine conflicts. Palestine wants statehood, and it seems the rest of the world is backing their bid. Israel wants Jerusalem because they believe it is their biblical birthright and will gladly obliterate, or rather, 'ethically cleanse' the Palestinians. Israel made it abundantly clear they will go to war if Palestine gains statehood. That will light the fuse on this Armageddon we're all expecting.

I agree in that I think the "logical center of it all" will be the middle-east, but there are soooo many things brewing right now. Money is completely out of balance - just about every nation is in debt besides China, the EU has SERIOUS issues brewing - we could be seeing Germany rear up against Greece if they don't do as they say monetarily-speaking, India-Pakistan, China-Thailand, all the various goings-on in South America (notice how quiet that front has been lately??) There is a perfect storm of a world out of balance (just speaking on geopolitics and economics, not to mention out of balance in terms of the state of our food supply - thanks Monsanto!, environmental toxins, etc., etc.) I'm rambling, I'm sleepy...my point: World War = The Great Reset Button. Won't be fun, will be exciting.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lono1
all the other doom and gloom posts that appear here with ever-increasing frequency
I haven't read the entire thread, nor do I plan to; however, there is no more 'doom and gloom' than what I've been seeing here over the last 8 years. It's always something. Only people who haven't been here for long think this is a new phenomenon on ATS. I couldn't possibly begin to count the number of passing-by asteroids, earthquakes, or other natural phenomena are just about the destroy the earth. But it's always tomorrow, and keeps being tomorrow. Eventually, I suppose, someone will end up being right. Shoot in the same spot long enough you're bound to hit something.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter
reply to post by the_denv

While we analyze the events of today that concerns us and come up with a great answer, it has been already written about 2 thousand years ago in the bible . No one wants to believe such a not so fun book with punishment coming for the things you know you shouldn't have done . but it is right on cue . The bible states that the world will not end before the Great Tribulation and the Millennial Reign . That's 1007 years to go .
Turkey turning against Israel is a key point in prophecy dealing with Ezekiel 38 & 39 war of Gog and Magog . We are about to see that war come about .Israels nukes will be used . The world will not end but it will change drastically . When looking for answers for the problems of these latter days look to the bible .

Actually, several texts, all of which pre-date the bible, speak of some great event or tribulation. You're not unique in your beliefs on this subject, and you're a few thousand years from the first.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Yes, something seems to be amiss with solar activity

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Lono1

Funny how you see it only in the time that you live. If we regresseed back due to a disaster we'd still be currupting, killing and coniving to get our way. It was the same in 200BC, 550BC, 500AD, 800AD, and it's the same now. However, to today we are better off because you have a 100x more chance of living compared to other cultures and other times.

It has been the end of the world as someone knew it many times over

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I believe many people forget a basic rule from physics: If there is a negative charge there is a positive charge to balance the negative - this is an absolute rule and it should also be applied to our society and the whiole Universe.

However bad the world may be today there is bound to be a positive force hidden from the vast majority of people in this world - and it will balance the negative. The Universe will only clean out evil people, the good people will be unharmed. So how can we become the good people that will be saved?

The trillion dollar question is where is the positive force in this world? Let´s look at modern history, when all the bad stuff happened to mankind´s morality etc.

There is only one spiritual way that has expanded across the globe with a global impact during the last 20 years. And it is free of charge and has no membership. And it is persecuted by the "Great Red Dragon" which is the Chinese Communist Party - just like all the prophecies predicted... And it comes from the east which all the prophecies predicted. And the persecution of these people started in July 1999 just like Nostradamus predicted..

Yes, it is called Falun Dafa and it is based on Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance in daily life - sounds very simple in theory to consider others first. The practice itself is cultivation of mind and body in ordinary life. It comes from China and Master Li released it to mankind in 1992 as a means to help people improve themselves.

So if Falun Dafa is the positive force in this world it means that every person who knows about its basic values(Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance in daily life) and cherish them in ordinary life can be saved when the end of the World as we know it arrives.

It is also a rule set in stone that no good people will be harmed when this world is rectified, every end times prophecy holds the same opinion and the Universe will not throw out people who follow its rules.

In Sweden there is an ancient city called Falun and the city is split in two sides by the Falu river flowing through the city center. One side of the city is called the grueling side(where the mine is situated, speaking of hell) and the other side is called the lovely side(speaking of heaven). Maybe it is a sign of things to come - one part of mankind will disappear and one part of mankind can be saved. It is all about being able to tell good and evil apart and then choose goodness for oneself, helping other people.

The Scandinavian legends state that only "Lif" and "Liftrase" can survive the endtimes. The Lord of Lords is called Heimdali, Heimdal etc. The river rectifying the world is called "Slidr" and it comes from the east, flowing through dales.

What all this means is that those who believe in Master Li(the Master of Falun Dafa) and his teachings will get very, very lucky. Heimdali is understood as Falun-Li in Swedish, so the Lord of Lords comes from Falun and is called Li.

What I try to say is that if you read this message and think that this idea about Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good, and Falun Dafa sounds like a good thing that you would like to apply in your everyday life - you will make it and be a positive particle in this Universe - the Universe will save you. That is my absolute conviction.

Just my two cents, no truth offered whatsoever.

/Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good, Falun Dafa is good

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join