It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just realized something hilarious and horrible.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
If Hitler had not risen to power, I would not have been born.

My grandmother is/was German, and my grandfather was a US soldier.

if i go back in time and kill baby Hitler, the universe will probably implode.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by BohemianBrim

heh, strange how things work out eh ?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
What if you killed Columbus?
Would that mean that your US parent wouldn't be there?
Or do you think some other "adventurer" would have started the genocide and plunder?

If it wasn't for the unfair Treaty of Versailles Hitler would never have risen to power ... and so one can go back endlessly.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
And if Hitler wasm't born there would be no Israel.
Makes one wonder if he was a stooge for certain.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   

I often think the same about the half breeds who hate whites here;

we're here regardless of history, would you rather not?

Still I get hated..

We eat , drink, sleep, wake, work, and die the same, get off my back... but nah I have a burdon, for being born... bugger off..

I walk the samn earth. I didn't poop harder, but Im the bastard..

nah

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

If he had killed Coloumbus (spanish) the UK would still have colonised north America. Maybe it would still be british, but one things is for sure. The US would not have the immigration problem it has now, as Mexico would not exists.

But with that, I would not be married to my wife now!!

Now thats even stranger!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

Perhaps it wouldn't.
But can we say that as a certainty?

The question is perhaps who really decides these things in world power, rather than the faces or talking heads we see as official history.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Go deeper perhaps or not ...certain prophesy required Talmud qualifying Jew to be the messiah.?
The one who would restore the temple?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

Well, I don't want to personally go into religion, or whatever Messiah has shown up or hasn't shown up according to prophesy (depending whom you ask).

I was thinking more of social history and con-fluency of events.

Traditionally we had a top-down history of great men.
But for the past few decades we looked more at how class, race and gender issues made history - or perhaps, a history of the masses.
These "great men" could have done nothing without thousands of ordinary people.
So we look at influences on society for them to create or choose such men.

And I think that if we didn't have the Nazis then Stalin (who killed hundreds of millions) would have taken Europe.
Possibly even the whole world.
So the OP should thank his ancestors on both sides, or else he'd live in a Godless wasteland, and speak Russian!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
If you had killed 'baby hitler', there would still be another german guy taking over the country and go for Europe domination. No one likes having foreigners settling in your country taking over your jobs and so on. Especially when they're stubborn, arrogant an impolite. So yes, you would still be born.

ChEeRs

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by KnocksMeDead

Well without the Nazis the communist "Rotfront" would have taken Germany.
No doubt about it.
And whatever the Nazis did, it is sheer propaganda to think they were the only disastrous option.
What was the other option?
Would Stalinism have been better?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
if you killed hitler then you wouldnt be born
if you werent born then you couldnt kill hitler
if you didnt kill hitler you would of been born
if you were indeed born then youd kill hitler
if you werent born then you couldnt kill hitler
if you didnt kill hitler you would of been born
if you were indeed born then youd kill hitler

eeeermm......i need to lay down......... my head hurts.......

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   

I'd have thought another Austrian guy would have taken over, since Hitler was born and raised in Austria, not Germany.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   

I thought Hitler moved to Germany when he was young? So now, is it right to say if Austria had been a more prosperous country, then Hitler would not have moved to Germany and there wont be Nazi Germany ?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   

wasnt hitler greatly influanced by the happenings of ww1 so maybe if ww1 didnt happen ww2 wouldnt of hapened either, i dont know something to think about tho
edit on 24/9/2011 by DaveNorris because: spelling

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   

There was also Amerigo Vespucci, who at the same time as columbus, was mapping America.
They say America is the female version of his name.

recomparison.com...

Christopher Columbus had four voyages; his first voyage led him to the island of San Salvador which is now known as the Bahamas. After this, he went next to discover Cuba and Hispaniola. After he visited this place, he encountered a storm and he was forced to anchor on Lisbon, and finally to the harbor of Palos. Amerigo Vespucci on the other hand also had four voyages which led him to different continents like the New World, Guyana, Brazil and South America.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I think if you went back in time and killed the man we've come to know as Adolf Hitler, very little would change.

Hitler would rise to power, Germany would rampage in Europe and your grandparents would meet as they did.

If you looked in a history book in the present, however, the man called Adolf Hitler wouldn't be the same man and the baby you went back and killed would not be Adolf Hitler.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
The world is full of what it's.. Many other decisions could have sealed your fate too..
The past is history and the future is a mystery.. The present is the only time that matters.
You ARE here... Make sure you make the most if it..

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Forget Hitler!

I think the guy in your avatar is Doctor Who...

The cheeky devil!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Who says love between a man and a woman cant fluorish? Even in a time of war?

Even while the battlefield is full of gay soilders butt raping each other, calling it torture, and their women excusing it as "war time behavior" ???? LOL...

I am happy your grandmother saw that soldier (your grandfather) for what he was....a human being, caught up in a chess game of the elite....a pawn sent to die for someone elses bidding....

Your gramps is a hero...he came out of the war a decent human being, capable of love, and you were the downline fruits indirectly.....

And he didnt come out of the war like most, a raging, closeted, unloving, homosexual, who confuses torture with respect and power, and hates himeself for the rest of his life, and hates his country for doing it to him.....

<<   2 >>

join