It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you prove evolution wrong

page: 142
<< 139  140  141    143  144  145 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by bottleslingguy

Originally posted by uva3021
reply to post by itsthetooth

What theory would a "missing link" support, because its certainly not evolution. Right now there are approximately 7 billion "missing links" in this world, its a continuum of differential reproduction and has been for billions of years. Though regardless go to any museum and you will find primate fossils that form a clear gradient outlining how humans have changed from an archaic bipedal primate form to the modern man

"differential reproduction... for billions of years"?hunh?

this is how it was done back then:

hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu...

I don't doubt for one minute that there is some natural genetic mechanism that can make changes within a species. I also don't doubt there are artificial ways of making changes within a species. Does nature make leaps across one species to another to make something radically different like having a deer turn into a whale? Can we do that artificially? I'd say we're on our way so why is it so unreasonable to think advanced species ( like millions of years smarter than us) could find this planet and want to terraform it? If we entertain the idea today why couldn't somebody else "billions of years" ago? It's more plausible to rational thinkers that that was the case and not "a bunch of slime got horny et voila!".

edit on 27-12-2011 by bottleslingguy because: (no reason given)
You don't know what differential means obviously, so its hard to even comment. But having said that, why is it so unreasonable to think a unicorn on Titan spontaneously combusted into a million tiny fruit flies that flew through the vacuum of space and after arriving on earth possessed the ability to kill other flies with their poisonous semen. There is no evidence for it, but it sure does explain a lot about fruit flies. Thus evolution is clearly false because we don't know what future animal a bunny will turn into. Just open your mind and you will see the light.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by uva3021

What theory would a "missing link" support, because its certainly not evolution. Right now there are approximately 7 billion "missing links" in this world, its a continuum of differential reproduction and has been for billions of years.
I would venture to say there is a hell of a lot more than that. Evolution has never been able to connect any species to anything else. Aside from viruses, which just come out in new strains and mating donkeys and horses to get mules. And yes Itero I know thats not what evolution is about.

My point is that its the only thing even close to developing an off species, which doesn't even apply because its just an mixed species.

Though regardless go to any museum and you will find primate fossils that form a clear gradient outlining how humans have changed from an archaic bipedal primate form to the modern man
I don't look at those in that way. It's complicated but we might agree that whoever or whatever made us, loves life. I mean after all there is a hell of a lot of life right? Wouldn't it have just been much easier to allow all living things to mate with other living things?
This is where I get really thrown from the idea of evolution. If out of say one million in a population, one happens to have special genetic drift. If that one mates with a normal person then his drift will either be corrected or not allowed to carry on.
For the sake of argument lets say by some magic its allowed to go on. Who is he going to mate with to carry on this new trait. There would have to be one in the opposite sex that made the same change to allow this to happen.
So you magically now have to have two to propagate.
Lets say you do, so they mate. All they can do is mate with each other which is incest, and they will die out, or mate with others and reset the defect.
If I'm wrong and defects are just carried on to the next generation guaranteed, then at what point do they become another species and are no longer allowed to mate with the original species.
It goes against the code of reproduction. Everything has the built in instinct to reproduce and make more, even humans, we just sometimes do it for fun as well.
Anyhow what I mean is it goes against the whole idea of reproducing by locking out your early species.
The tests I read on fruit flys were that seperating them in groups they found them like not wanting to mate with other groups. Now there is a difference between not being able to and not wanting to.

An example is I could say that I'm not attracted to anyone tan or dark skinned. However that doesn't mean we couldn't still make babies. If my understanding is on track about one in a million having genetic drift then we are missing monumounts of bones to back up the theory.
Now if I'm wrong on this part as well and we all are under the same ongoing genetic drift then I have some questions.
How is it possible that a virus is capeable to reprogram all of our DNA at the same time, and in the same way?
I will cut you mass slack on this one because I know from example of the tape worm, he can do some crazy @$$ stuff, including taking over the minds of ants for control. So I'll believe the idea is possible but how all of us at the same time, and in the same way.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

You just formed the basis for natural selection, welcome to 1850. Fruit flies have gone way beyond "not wanting to mate" to the point where mating with another isolated group is fatal to the zygote as well as to each individual, aka speciation. Experiments with mice show the same thing, and we could run the same experiment with humans and use the exact same genes selected for and against with mice.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by uva3021

You just formed the basis for natural selection, welcome to 1850. Fruit flies have gone way beyond "not wanting to mate" to the point where mating with another isolated group is fatal to the zygote as well as to each individual, aka speciation. Experiments with mice show the same thing, and we could run the same experiment with humans and use the exact same genes selected for and against with mice.
But you always end up with fruit flys.Welcome to now.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Evolution stopped being a theory quite a while ago. Never mind the fact that it is proven with every new geneticly engineered drug or plant...the HUMAN GENOME MAPPING PROJECT allows us to trace Human evolutionary development all the way back to the first single celled animal we all derived from.

It is not possible to prove a reality wrong. You can wish all you want...but Evolution cannot be disproved as it is a fact of life. Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
Evolution stopped being a theory quite a while ago. Never mind the fact that it is proven with every new geneticly engineered drug or plant...the HUMAN GENOME MAPPING PROJECT allows us to trace Human evolutionary development all the way back to the first single celled animal we all derived from.

It is not possible to prove a reality wrong. You can wish all you want...but Evolution cannot be disproved as it is a fact of life. Split Infinity

does it say what caused the evolution of dna or does it just point out it's there?
edit on 27-12-2011 by BlackSatinDancer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Well we are primates, so go try to have sex with a bonobo.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Thats a fallacy thats totally based on overlap.
The confustion started when someone with half a brain realized that we are all made up from the same protiens and amino acids.
The problem is that it could just as easily have been a creator using recycled parts that did all this.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackSatinDancer

does it say what caused the evolution of dna or does it just point out it's there?
Neither but we are to assume that its just there.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackSatinDancer

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

edit on 27-12-2011 by BlackSatinDancer because: (no reason given)

Evolution does not just apply to living things....through our Universal Process of a natural progression of particles taking on a more and more complex form through many processes until you get to a point where you have conditions such as a group of naturally occuring aminoacids....sea water...UV radiation and an Electric charge either chemically derived or lightning strike...THEN you get Genisis. Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by uva3021

Primates are NOT human.
en.wikipedia.org...

And no we can't have sex with them to repoduce. Your welcome to try but it's allready been determined that it doesn't work.

So the question is how did we evolve from them when we have selectively seperated ourselves from the rest of life here on earth?
Do you realize that our smile is no longer in sync with all the other life here. When anything else on this planet smiles, its usually a sign of agression. We don't have any food that we can claim for sure is ours, especially cows milk. So why did we decided to distance ourselves from the rest of life on this planet, distance ourselves from having a fitted diet. Why did we seperate our social agenda from the rest of the planet. Can someone explain this to me? Because the only thing I keep coming to is that we aren' from here. It's unanimous in everything I look at.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Evolution does not just apply to living things....through our Universal Process of a natural progression of particles taking on a more and more complex form through many processes until you get to a point where you have conditions such as a group of naturally occuring aminoacids....sea water...UV radiation and an Electric charge either chemically derived or lightning strike...THEN you get Genisis. Split Infinity
To all of us at the exact same time WTF !!!!!

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by itsthetooth

Neither but we are to assume that its just there.

right, we all know changes take place but obviousness to me points that it was assisted.... even if all those other naturally occurring things happened that happens in species. to buy into just basic evolution suggests that it just sped itself up unnaturally on it own.... creating one ENTIRELY different species. I'd like to see what this project has to say about drastic changes that must have had to occur.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

To all of us at the exact same time WTF !!!!!

I got "the light was shining on the seawater and lightning struck as a chimp walked by and BAM... Genesis" from that....

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Thats a fallacy thats totally based on overlap.

A FALLACY!? Really....and where is your facts? For crying out loud....everytime you eat corn on the cob you are looking at Human Directed Natural Selection. FYI...CORN as we know it today...did not exist 800 years ago! The ancient Mayans took several plants and cross bred them....this is a form of Artificial forced EVOLUTION!

The fact that you even have a BRAIN is a process of evolution and FYI again...Human Beings are not just one form of life...we are a collection of many lifeforms that found it convinient to develop into what we are today.

To deny a provable fact is well....just stupid. Split Infinity
The confustion started when someone with half a brain realized that we are all made up from the same protiens and amino acids.
The problem is that it could just as easily have been a creator using recycled parts that did all this.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

right, we all know changes take place but obviousness to me points that it was assisted.... even if all those other naturally occurring things happened that happens in species. to buy into just basic evolution suggests that it just sped itself up unnaturally on it own.... creating one ENTIRELY different species. I'd like to see what this project has to say about drastic changes that must have had to occur.
Well it is, after all, the macroevolution that isn't making any sense.

Microevolution has been witnessed in viruses, and some aquatic life that never in humans.

Of course no one is smart enough to realize this alone is a giant clue. It aint happening.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

So if it only takes one offspring to make those types of changes, why are we not seeing them happening today? I'm not being stubborn and dishonest. I think you guys are being delusional. I have noticed with each link they are specifically showing to either be inconclusive, or still under investigation or they outright claim to be postulated theorys.
I really don't appreciate the constant dishonesty. WE ARE SEEING THEM HAPPEN TODAY. What exactly do you think race is? Again, you ignore this point, as you have every single time its been brought up and then rehash your original nonsensical argument without addressing a single point made. LOL at ANY article or lecture I posted being called "inconclusive". Please post proof of this. Evolution is conclusive, both in humans and in other creatures on earth. Tons of evidence has been posted and you did not respond to it, you just argue in circles and repeat your original arguments.

People do it every day. Do you blatantly ignore everything that goes on in the world? 3rd world countries do not have vaccines like we do here. Vaccines are helpful, but they aren't necessary to survive. Homo sapiens survived 200,000 years or so without vaccines. That alone is proof we don't need them. Yes, they are beneficials, and yes vaccines are a large part of the reason we have 7 billion people on the planet today. Race in humans proves microevolution. Stop ignoring this. All I'm asking you to do is address the topic of the thread and provide objective evidence to show your theory on diversity of life (or evolution of humans). Stop failing

Your wrong again, the purpose of medicine wasn't to extend our life, as you have overall explaines, it was to try to preserve it back to what it was suppose to be to begin with. We are suppose to live 1000 years according to the bible. Well at least before punishments.

What was I wrong about? Holy fallacy machine, batman. Stop straw manning me. I never claimed the purpose of medicine was solely to extend life, even though it obviously does. Your argument is a non sequitur. You claimed that humans cannot survive without medicine and were proven wrong. Again here you are pushing your personal beliefs as facts and ignoring every single counterpoint against you, while changing the subject. It must be nice to live in your world where every thing you belief is automatically fact and everyone else is wrong no matter what evidence or facts are posted.

The diversity of life could be from the hands of a creator.

It could also be from Joe the magical plumber doing his handy work on the universal sewer system. This thread is not about COULD BEs. It's about WHAT IS. Everything has been backed up about evolution while you have failed at providing a single piece of evidence for your theory. Why?
edit on 28-12-2011 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

I got "the light was shining on the seawater and lightning struck as a chimp walked by and BAM... Genesis" from that....
Actually its looking more like they are trying to convince me that viruses are smart enough to change our DNA, all at the same time, then dissapear without a trace.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   

A FALLACY!? Really....and where is your facts? For crying out loud....everytime you eat corn on the cob you are looking at Human Directed Natural Selection. FYI...CORN as we know it today...did not exist 800 years ago! The ancient Mayans took several plants and cross bred them....this is a form of Artificial forced EVOLUTION!
You didn't use the quotes correctly so its hard to read. Anyhow if its human directed, then it aint natural. Cross breeding has NOTHING to do with evolution. Ask itero about crocoduck.

The fact that you even have a BRAIN is a process of evolution and FYI again...Human Beings are not just one form of life...we are a collection of many lifeforms that found it convinient to develop into what we are today
It's a beautiful concept but we have zero on the evidence chart to support it.

To deny a provable fact is well....just stupid. Split Infinity
Just because we share amino acids and protiens is not proof that we are related. Cars and trains both have wheels are they related?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Actually its looking more like they are trying to convince me that viruses are smart enough to change our DNA, all at the same time, then dissapear without a trace.

so, you are saying that within this project there is a certain time period when a lot of viral activity was going on and it targeted certain chimp lines but no other species and they see it but have no explanation for it?

Or are we just assuming that it's simply viruses that change things on that large of a scale?

I mean have they found the time period, because that would be interesting and it would really suck to have all that info and just stop at "yep...says we used to be chimps....NEXT PROJECT".... which is how a lot of evolutionists read it.

When is it EVER that simple?
edit on 28-12-2011 by BlackSatinDancer because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 139  140  141    143  144  145 >>

join