It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Wall St. Video of violent arrests today 9/20

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
uh, you're being arrested.. don't say anything. you have the right to remain silent, I suggest you take that opportunity and use it.

The crowd is supposed to jump in and help right? whens that at in the video?

link   

Originally posted by Swills

Originally posted by UniverSoul

reply to post by UniverSoul

No. You are wrong. How old are you? You don't have to answer but I'm assuming you're young and don't understand how the world works.

Violent revolution is never the answer. It worked for our forefathers but that doesn't mean it will work again. Just look at the French revolution, and learn what a complete tragedy that was. You really think Americans can handle a violent revolution? You've got to be kidding me!

edit on 20-9-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

haha im very young
and i would safely say that i understand very well the way the world works

nothing is really going to change if we dont take action.
you can do all the peaceful protest you want but nothing will change. and even if something does it wont be significant
do you honestly think the world is heading for a bright future if we dont do something? and if so how

All youngsters think they know everything, which of course what they know is very little. What you & I don't know could fill all the libraries in all of the world and then some. You clearly don't know how anything works if you think violence is the answer and peaceful protests get you nowhere
I'm not even gonna point you in the right direction to show you how wrong you are, because you wouldn't bother to listen.

You don't know jack. Responding to you and repeating myself is a waste of my time. Hopefully others will see this as well and ignore your comments.

I am also very young, and I don't very much care to be grouped into some lump or stereotype about how everyone under 50 thinks they know everything and think violence is the solution to everything, I am 17 not even old enough to vote, but even I know that the RIGHT way is peaceful protest and personally in my opinion LOVE for you fellow man, however I believe there comes a point when you have to not fight but defend, both your rights and yourself, also the idea of fighting the police is not as impossible as one might think, the police are fundamentally a gang of thugs, and is vulnerable to just that, a gang of remorseless thugs, when I was five years old the Sureño gang in my city declared war on the police after several member were shot and killed and one day I was riding my bike and I across an empty lot I saw a police car pull over a blue low rider flying blue bandanas out its windows I kept on riding and about five minutes later I heard several loud bursts of machine gun fire and squealing tires, and this was what they did everywhere they went I'm not saying I approve but it IS possible it just requires a greater evil. BUT DEFFINITELY PEACE IS THE WAY.

link   
reply to post by omarm1984

If these people were so innocent, why are they resisting arrest?

All the protestors had to do is follow instructions, and then they would have been able to plead their case. Once this goes before a judge, each side would be able to present evidence. As a result of resisting arrest, these protestors can no longer plead 'not guilty'.

Now, the police have them resisting arrest on video.

Police knew these protestors would break the law, and they brought cameras to protect themselves from false accusations. It was a smart call on their behalf.

edit on 9/20/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
The police were video taping because they were hoping somebody would fight back and they would catch it on camera. They could then chop it up and show a 'violent mob' of people. They are not there to "keep the peace" or to protect anybody. They were trying to escalate the situation by inciting a mob so that they could blame the protesters and create their own propaganda peace to back it up. Police do not work for the people, let's not fool ourselves into believing that the America of our fathers still exists, it doesn't. If wall street feels like it could lose money then they will deal with the politicians who will tell the police to force them out, and the police will do whatever they are told, with pride, as if they somehow made America a better place by obeying the money. Good Job, you are actually destroying America, I'm ashamed of what the police in this country defend.

And to those of you that are calling for violence in retaliation, if I was somebody like Martin Luther King Jr. I would never allow you to march with me. You would be playing right into their hands. And never forget that the reason that Martin Luther King tool the stance in the way he did was because he knew that cops do not think for themselves. They are violent and cruel. He used that against them by allowing the cops to beat his friends so badly that people had to see that they were wrong. Nothing changes, the mentality of police officers has always been the same, they always hire the same thugs that will treat peaceful people like dirt if they are told to. Keep using it against them.
edit on 20-9-2011 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

There will be no curiosity, no enjoyment of the process of life. All competing pleasures will be destroyed. But always—do not forget this, Winston—always there will be the intoxication of power, constantly increasing and constantly growing subtler. Always, at every moment, there will be the thrill of victory, the sensation of trampling on an enemy who is helpless. If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face—forever. —Part III, Chapter III, Nineteen Eighty-Four

Need I say more? The video really shows the police state we live in. Frakking pigs.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Section31

Unless of course they were being arrested illegally to begin with.

Just because a cop says so, does not make it so.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I don't think fighting fire with fire is a good idea. Theres so much ignorance coming from the american people that i doubt the police or the army would feel guily to shoot down american citizens protesting, especially if they are ethnies

Its sad to say but there is no unity in that country and i think its the whole purpose of the united states.
To create a bastard land so no one can point out any races or religions.

Think about it. They always blame the USofA but what is the USofA?
Its a piece of land with natives, hispanics, blacks, whites, asians...
Lets corupt in the land of the fees and the home of the slaves.
They only believe whats on TV. thx to the whole "pic or it didn't happened" media thinking.

Occupy wall street is the best idea that came out of america since a decade
/sigh .

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Some of you need to read Ghandi. Peaceful protests win, not violent ones.
reply to post by Swills

Gandhi was more interested in passive resistance than peaceful protests. Passive resistance does not mean do nothing, or act ineffectually it means act but choose non violent ways to act ie: Not paying taxes, civil disobedience, occupying buildings, blockades, labor strikes and economic boycotts. It's funny how at these gatherings there are usually "ring ins" designed to look like protesters but are really there to incite violence or at least appear to for the camera. I guess it's not difficult anymore for tptb to make a peaceful protest look like a violent demonstration of thugs with just a handful of "professionals".
MSM will always spin in favor of who pays their salaries. That is why most people carry their own cameras with them now so at least they can document and have evidence what is really happening.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Since When Has Peace Won A War?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I figured we need an appropriate music break enjoy everyone!

edit on 9/20/11 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I love the spirit the people show at the end of this video.

I don't think most cops will know what to do when the populace stands there and yells shame at them- and I do think that people are getting totally fed up with overbrearing cops picking on peaceful people.
I don't think anyone has a problem wiith cops doing their job when they go after bad guys, but things like the drug war have brought this country to the breaking point, IMO.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
The police said three of the people were wearing masks and one jumped a barrier. But all of the people weren't arrested so looks like the mayor has kept his word so far. “People have a right to protest, and if they want to protest, we’ll be happy to make sure they have locations to do it, New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg said Sept. 15 at a press conference. “As long as they do it where other people’s rights are respected, this is the place where people can speak their minds, and that’s what makes New York, New York.” But if you look at it like the fat cats in suits were doing then these people were breaking the law. Remember noone should speak out about wall street.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by bluesman462002

Since when does anyone 'win' a war, war just breeds more separation which is NOT what we need, we need unity everyone who wants freedom against those who don't.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
This whole idea of a "peaceful" protest has lost its meaning. We have been brainwashed to think that "peaceful" means to protest in fear of the opposition.

While peace would be nice, the reality is that this is a fight and war against the 1%.

People go up there to wall street and they say what needs to be said but it doesn't make a difference.
Even if the bankers and politicians were to say that they would comply with the protestors demands, it would just be a lie.
Our current way of protesting is nothing more than a physical demonstration of democracy in the streets. But since democracy gets us nothing but lies from the ballot box, why would anything change by doing it in the streets?

I personally dont know what needs to be done, but its definitely not something that they allow us to do or tell us how we can go about doing it!

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

reply to post by NewWorldWriter

Are you _ _ _ _ _ _ _? Fight fire with fire, against the police? We have zip ties too?

Protesting is not about violence, especially unwarranted violence. Violence is not the answer, ever. Isn't that right MLK?

I have little doubt that these members are are citizens of the US. Fighting fire with fire? Advocating violence!

I once read somewhere else (T&C forbids me to name the site) that there are subversive elements here as members, to do nothing but stir up trouble.

Real Americans vote! And just like last November, we voted out many of the putrid politicians.
And again, when we vote, we will eradicate the greedy, parasitic bastards, and elect, hopefully, people that will represent the people.
edit on 20-9-2011 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

yeah... voting seems to be working....
*sigh*

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by omarm1984

LMAO! Now that was funny, I love watching people with an undeserved sense of righteousness get thrown in jail. Yes you have the right to gather and peacefully protest, there's nothing in the constitution about throwing up a tent city in the middle of a business district. The cops handled themselves well and did not cause any undo harm to those people. Maybe it's time for the hippies to grow up a little and quit trying to make every LEO out to be some demon.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by MollyStewart

Some of you need to read Ghandi. Peaceful protests win, not violent ones.
reply to post by Swills

Gandhi was more interested in passive resistance than peaceful protests. Passive resistance does not mean do nothing, or act ineffectually it means act but choose non violent ways to act ie: Not paying taxes, civil disobedience, occupying buildings, blockades, labor strikes and economic boycotts. It's funny how at these gatherings there are usually "ring ins" designed to look like protesters but are really there to incite violence or at least appear to for the camera. I guess it's not difficult anymore for tptb to make a peaceful protest look like a violent demonstration of thugs with just a handful of "professionals".
MSM will always spin in favor of who pays their salaries. That is why most people carry their own cameras with them now so at least they can document and have evidence what is really happening.

Had the Japanese got as far as India, Gandhi's theories of "passive resistance" would have floated down the Ganges River with his bayoneted, beheaded carcass.

Stalin's atrocities were also documented ... and MILLIONS died.

The problem is not the police or the government. The problem is that most Amerikan men have become effeminate and lost their balls. For example: "Oh my GAWD! If we fight the government to retake our liberties ... oh heaven forbid ... I might die! Oh ... my ... GAWD! Help. Save me..."

What you had: A republic ... if ... you can keep it.

How to keep it: The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
This is sickening....

This country was founded FOR the people, what we have now is a form of SERFDOM. Why are people being degraded to a form of insignificance? Why are the masses working to support an institution who does not give a flying phuck about them? WE are looked upon as slaves in a plantation... all they want us to do is keep the plantation running, and we have no choice if we want shelter and food....think about it

Just think about it

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join