It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New M.I.T Super Drug

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   

New M.I.T Super Drug

www.medindia.net

the drug, known by its acronym as DARCO, will be able to treat polio, flu, HIV, rabies, German measles, dengue fever, stomach bug and human rhinoviruses

Read more: New Super Drug to Treat Wide Variety of Diseases Including HIV | MedIndia www.medindia.net...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Finially the cure for the common cold... oh ya and HIV. To bad it's 10 years away. MIT is a big place with many inter linking office and fields of study it would not susprise me to hear if it was developed bace on the organic material they found in the Allan Hills 84001 martian meteorite. any one have any other info on this development ??

www.medindia.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I will take the occasional "we're within a decade of" over hearing nothing....

The latest advance with HIV and the scientific community teaming with the gaming community though gives me hope. Scientists spent the last decade looking for a solution that gamers provided within 3 weeks.

10 years from today....
major breakthrough tomorrow....

nothing wrong with a glimmer of hope.
edit on 20-9-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by aginstitall

this seems very dangerous
clearly theyve thought of the next best way to make a killing out of drugs
the effect a drug like this would have on super bugs and virus mutation would be enormus

think before you do this stuff, money isnt everything

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Good find. Here is a better link (no offense but med India doesn't scream reputable) web.mit.edu...

I dont know why things like this are always years away. Just fast track the sucker I bet there are tons of willing volunteers for trials who would be dead inside of a year anyway.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Highly suspicious. Pharmaceutical companies make too much money with treatments. If this drug is indeed a super drug, that would cripple their cash crop.

Maybe I just been on ATS too long, but this screams AGENDA.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by aginstitall

'I Am Legend' was a decent movie except for the dog part. As fiction, the plot was fascinating. However, I can't help but think DARCO comes a little closer to that fictional movie than I'm comfortable with. A vaccine based on the weaker form of a specific virus and strain is one thing, but something about this just gives me a bad feeling and I will NOT have it injected into me when it finally makes it to market some day.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Don't worry it will probably never be aproved it will be like anything else that works discarded and never brought up again or it will have side effects. But giving the limited time we spend here I would try it I mean why not.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Desolate Cancer
Good find. Here is a better link (no offense but med India doesn't scream reputable) web.mit.edu...

I dont know why things like this are always years away. Just fast track the sucker I bet there are tons of willing volunteers for trials who would be dead inside of a year anyway.

Because putting lead compounds through the full suite of testing and clinical trials they are mandated to be put through takes that long, if not longer. From discovery to market, you're looking at 10-20 years on average and millions upon millions of dollars, with only a small fraction of compounds making it so far as phase one clinical trials.

Also, OP, this has been covered in numerous other threads and is referred to as DRACO, not DARCO.
edit on 20-9-2011 by hypervalentiodine because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
This isnt breaking news , its over a month old.

by Kathy Jones on August 12, 2011 at 9:08 PM

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeTan
Highly suspicious. Pharmaceutical companies make too much money with treatments. If this drug is indeed a super drug, that would cripple their cash crop.

Maybe I just been on ATS too long, but this screams AGENDA.

I'll give you an agenda.

First: The pharmaceutical companies make a bazillion from the government because not all can afford a 3-month supply of life saving drugs for $3000. They give HIV medicine away in my city (if you honestly need it of course).

Second: The government just announced a cut in funding for HIV related issues.

Putting 2 + 2 together would give us that the pharmaceutical companies are now going to lose bazillions of dollars so why not just release the cure.

Maybe I've been on ATS too long also.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
donny DARCO?
DRACO the Dragon?

Hmmm...

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Since this isn't actually breaking news, I'm moving it to Medical Issues & Conspiracies.

If anyone disagrees with this action, please let me know.

top topics

join