It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Introduction + Strange event (Glitch in reality?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Warning: Long post, skip to the bottom if you do not feel like reading it all.

Hey guys, how is it going. I am going to make a long story short, I have been on this website for many years, my old email account got shutdown (an aol account, lol thats how long I have been here) and I ended up losing my password and being unable to retrieve it. Since then I just haven't had anything interesting to say, or the time to put well organized thought provoking posts like I would like to, but that is all beside the point. (Note, even though this is my first post even this account has been registered for a few months, I'd like to contribute more I just don't have the time)

The above isnt meant to add any sort of entitlement or validity to my status, just my introduction as to how I have this account.

Now, the reason why I am even posting here today is because something strange just happened a few minutes ago. I just told my friend what happened, and figured I would tell you guys as well and get some opinions on what might have just occurred. Also, to see if anything strange might have happened to you around this time.

At about 1:20 pm (est) I went down stairs to get something to eat.

On my table in the kitchen is a candy bowl, and in the candy bowl is two packets of the Whoppers candy. Now, I am the type of guy who feels bad when he eats the last scoop of icecream or uses the last slice of bread. And when I saw these two pieces were left in the bowl I felt kind of like a jerk because I was about to eat one of the last pieces.

But then I noticed also on the table, was another packet of whoppers just sitting there on the table off to the side. So I thought to myself, cool, I will eat one from the bowl and just replace it with the one of the table.(Haha how quickly those thoughts of being a nice guy fade when opportunity comes our way.)

So I take one of from the bowl, and I eat it, then I go to make my sandwich.

Now I make my sandwich, grab a small bag of chips and head out the kitchen, I look back in the candy bowl....and there are still two packets of whoppers in there....

Now I am the only person home right now. The kitchen isn't tiny, but its small enough where I would know if someone else were in it. So I thought to myself..ok this is weird, let me find the trash of the whopper I just ate...(you might wonder why I thought to do that, honestly so do i haha, I am guessing because I was just in shock something weird happened and my first reaction was to find some sort of proof?)

So I look on the table, on the kitchen counter, even in the trash can, and the wrapper to whoppers is seriously just gone. Its as if I never ate the whoppers.

I looked on the table to make sure I didnt already replace it with the third pack of whoppers, and nope, those were still sitting on the table too. I have no idea what could have happened.

It was seriously like there was a glitch n reality, and the whoppers never moved, I never ate them, and the wrapper was never thrown away.

So in conclusion to the story, I was pretty weirded out. I wasn't sure what just happened, and if it wasnt for the fact you can still taste chocolate in your mouth I would have wondered if I ever even ate the whoppers and I just imagined I did...the whole situation was just freaky.

----

A few things i thought might have happened (real life possibilities)

1) There were 3 packets of whoppers in the bowl. I thought this might have been the case, but I know it wasn't because I wouldn't have felt bad for leaving two in the bowl. Some people might say, why feel bad if there was two in the bowl in the first place, you still leave one for someone else? The reason being because I know I would probably end up eating it on my way out of the kitchen anyway, leaving none left. haha (theres a reason the candy bowl isn't filled)

2)Maybe I really didnt eat it? I couldn't find the wrapper, and there were still 2 peices left in the bowl. I thought for a split second maybe I didnt really eat it, except for the fact I could taste the chocolate on my teeth still.

3)Prank by someone else? Not sure why anyone else would try to pull a prank with something so...whats the word I want to use here...something that I probably wouldn't even notice? That seems like such a weird prank unless they knew I would notice only 2 left? Plus I was the only one home.

I can't think of any other possibilities, and this all happened in the span of 5 minutes of me eating it, then making a sandwich and looking back in the bowl on the way out.

Also, its a glass bowl, so it's not easy for there to be a hidden candy. I dont know, would love to hear what you guys think.

---------Short version. There were two pieces of candy in a candy bowl. I ate one piece, then made a sandwich. I came back to the same candy bowl, and there were still two pieces left. The wrapper of the piece I ate was gone, and it was as if I never ate the candy at all, except for the fact I noticed there were only two pieces left, and the fact I could taste the chocolate still.

--------

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Welcome!

Ah, the old "Disappearing Whoppers" trick. Gets 'em every time...

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Maybe an aport. You've heard of teleport? That is a person moving from one physical place to another through non-physical dimensions. An aport is when a material object moves or is moved in the same manner.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Of course you're never going to get a real explanation, but one of the more common idea is that of the multiple universes. The idea is that from time to time, we switch from one universe to another, and this explains why people know a certain person is dead and is surprised to find years later that they're still alive.

So in your case, after eating the whopper, you switched to a universe where there were still two uneaten ones.
Back in your original universe, you have a puzzled 'you' who is posting a message that there were two in the bowl, now there's only one, there is a wrapper in the trash but 'you' have no memory whatsoever of eating it.

Probably not true though.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Cue the Evil Genius. No, really, if this happened to me, there would be no Whoppers in the bowl, only wrappers, chocoholic that I am. BTW, did you know that music is like candy? It's better when you get rid of the rappers.

I've got one for you, and yes, this really happened - I was there. Years ago, some family members were watching some episode of Maud and no, don't ask why - personally I hate the show. Well, the Bea Arthur character was going off on some fellow, and my cousin Richard said, "I hate her." About one second later, Bea looked right into the camera and said, "...AND I HATE YOU, TOO!!!" Needless to say, my cousin freaked. How do you explain that?
edit on 19-9-2011 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MentalPriapism

Haha, you said it man. I'm waiting for someone to walk in and just be like, "Got you're nose!"

And no, I have actually never heard of "aport"

To Alfa: I don't expect any real answers, just thought it would be interesting/cool to share with you guys, when I typed this up I was pretty much laughing the whole time at how silly it sounded, but at the same time weirded out because it "did".

Of course it could have been some weird accident where there were in fact 3 in the bowl, but I will never truly know.
That is the most plausible reason, though from my perspective, thats not what happened.

So who knows guys. Either way just wanted to share it

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by BreadAndCircuses

This is absolutely uncanny timing.

The building I work in is in a fairly isolated area, with enough woods/trees around it for deer to be seen. I tend to go back behind it during my lunch to meditate or just enjoy the natural scenery and see how quiet I can be to get close to the deer before being noticed. Off to the side is a field that is unused. There is some work that has happened there as there is a fence around a hole, and one area had just tons and tons of rocks. These are anywhere from dime sized to 6 inches around in general. All sorts, and it has been a gold mine for just doing some "look for neat rocks" trips. I've pulled several from there and there were always more there than I could possibly browse even if I did it as my job for a few days or a week. Quartz, Simple Agates, etc.

Today I walked to get lunch, and on the way back went through the field.

Where the rocks were, there was now asphalt. However... this was *old* asphalt. Grass is growing over it (this is Texas so the grass is actually dead), through it, etc. This looks like the sort of asphalt you see on a road that hasn't been worked on for many many years and is rarely used.

The rocks themselves, were almost non-existent. I could probably have fit them all in a couple of backpacks and most were the typical Texas limestone.

I stood there for a few minutes utterly dumbfounded. I have talked with a few people from time to time about the possibility of reality shifting around us... but our memory isn't as good as we think so any discrepancies noticed we chalk up to a brain fart. I have had a few things that raised my eyebrows, but were always so small I just couldn't justify contributing it to anything but my own memory lapse. This one however... is such a large area that I remember well... and I have the rocks *on my desk* that I have gotten from there before.

Sadly, I never took photos so I can't confirm it for anyone else. Perhaps the nature of reality/matrix is such that the better documented a "current state" is, the more rigid it becomes and unlikely to change like this, but the areas without much attention can shift dramatically.

This can lead into the notion that whatever we believe to be true (especially unconsciously) will become our perceived reality. Thus why "paranormal" people report things in groups, but whenever they are surrounded by skeptics, the strength of the dis-belief by the skeptics along with the pressure from "What if I'm wrong?" causing doubt in the believer... creates the conditions where no proof could be made to convince those who aren't already open to it.

This would be a remarkably effective way of preserving free will while still living in a universe which is fungible based on beliefs, and letting the "strongest beliefs" survive. The mystery or experience is increased by not *knowing* this is what is happening, and thus always seeking outside explanations for what we perceive. This of course just creates a feedback loop where someone or a group has a "belief" that is able to out-strengthen and eventually overturn the current "common belief". So if enough people believe there are atoms, there will be. etc.

So in this circumstance, perhaps both of our subconscious selves... due to being alone and with "matter" that isn't well documented by others who can overpower our beliefs... held the belief that it changed in a way we could consciously perceive it... and thus become open to the more... shall we say... flexible nature of reality.

Like I said, your message came up first in the live feed as I sat down after having this experience... so I felt... "Well damn... would be silly not to share this!"

Life is fun and infinitely curious.

Namaste!
edit on 19-9-2011 by ErgoTheConfusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
In my house it is always the other way around. I can be home alone and someone will eat all the cookies!

I call him the Cookie Monster and even though I have crumbs on my mustache I have not been able to follow the trail as the crumbs always lead to the bowl! It is uncanny!

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErgoTheConfusion
Where the rocks were, there was now asphalt. However... this was *old* asphalt.

Which version does google earth show?

And is there any way of finding out when the google earth photo was taken?

Edit - nearmap.com (and probably some others) let you view not just the latest photo of a place, but also any earlier versions that they have stored.

edit on 19-9-2011 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ErgoTheConfusion

That is pretty interesting, as to what alfa suggested check google earth, maybe they have a picture or something that would support your claim, even if it was just to you. I wonder if anyone else today had an experience like that. And if you remember, what time was it around?

To Greensage: Haha yea, gotta watch out for those Cookie Monsters. One day you will wake up 300 pounds and wonder how the universe did that to you.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Ahhh great point! Will start digging and let you know what I find. Before I go advertising where I work I want to make sure I have something worth showing, heh.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
u wrote:

"So in conclusion to the story, I was pretty weirded out. I wasn't sure what just happened, and if it wasnt for the fact you can still taste chocolate in your mouth I would have wondered if I ever even ate the whoppers and I just imagined I did...the whole situation was just freaky."

Wouldn't this be great for a new Diet, just " Imagine eating " !!!
I think i'll copyright this one.....................(Copyright by me)

edit on 9/19/2011 by SheldonCooper because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SheldonCooper

Haha, I think I would take you up on that venture. Hollywood will eat it up.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by BreadAndCircuses

My theory is... You ate the whoppers and then while you were in the other room for five minutes, somebody came in, moved the third packet of whoppers from the table into the bowl and then took out the trash and put a new bag in the trash bin. Result: two packets of whoppers in the bowl, no packet left on the table, and no wrapper in the trash. The mystery person, if this crazy scene happened in my house, would be named "Mom".

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
So far nothing useful. The Google Map images are from 2011 and show something that looks like asphalt (though the pattern is different but that could just be vegetation change). It's not conclusive as the other asphalt that I have known about is also there and of a clearly different color.

I am going to scour the other map sites (Yahoo is from before the building was even built) and see if anything pops up.

Provided my memory isn't actually faulty... perhaps I just turned it into a field of interesting rocks for myself when I was there all alone.

Anyways, will look deeper when I'm not at work anymore.

RE: The time... this would always be sometime between 12:00 CST and 1:30ish CST. Both the times I remember rock hunting, and the time I saw it today.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Some of these inconsistencies in perception of reality can be attributed to a phenomenon of how the brain works. Occasionally, the brain, will work off a cache of data instead of new sensory input. Case in point...you misplace the car keys, you look every where to no avail, when at last you find them right on the table in plain sight, when you know that you looked all over the table just moments ago. No they did not disappear and then mysteriously re-materialize, they were there all along, Due to the stress of loosing the keys your mind inserted cache data of the area, in which there were no keys. sensory information is only electrical data interpreted by the brain.

Just a thought ;-)

new topics

top topics

join