It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS=End of World

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Is it just me or has ATS gotten a little over the top End of the World lately?

I mean, I used to think reading the morning news headlines was depressing, but lately, when I hit ATS, all I see are headlines like:

-Meteors ALL OVER US!!
-GOD HELP US ALL!
-We're going to get hit with Elenin its COMINGGG
-They're killing us with chemtrails and arsenic in our food.

I mean, I understand the whole conspiracy theory connection between governments hiding info from people but its getting ridiculous here.

Its like, according to ATS the world is a scarier place, and all hell is breaking loose.

Well, sometimes reading the REAL news lets you see, all hell is NOT breaking loose. What is going on ATS?![

Its like, they want you to panic, and you're falling for it. I smell a conspiracy here...
edit on 15-9-2011 by nusnus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
We're ready, dammit.
Second line for readiness.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Remember it's all user generated content. Just sayin.
2nd line.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

Well there sure as hell can't be two second lines

But yes...it is user generated, its like, people are going nuts all in the same time...

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by nusnus

Oh I definitely understand what your saying I often have to take extended breaks from the madness here. And that was supposed to be a comma not a period!!! Damn conspiracies someone moved my keys again!!!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
It happens. It seems there are trending topic on ATS. Right now dooms day topics seem to be popular.

Nothing exciting. Stick around long enough and you will see all kinds of things. Wait until school is out for the summer. Check out the kind of threads we get then

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Maybe the admins could run some reports from the db and give a break down of the various topics by year to see the trends. Then it could be compared with actual current events. Some normalization may need to be done to possibly take into account of member count increases over the years.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Thats ATS
gotta love it
Seriously how could it be different..This is ATS afterall

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I thought this thread was about the crash yesterday on ATS. The disclaimer said that ATS is based in Langley Virginia... (home of the CIA) and the most rad repubs on the planet. Whats up with that? Are they chain yanking us with that address or is this really a website generated by the GOV to troll for Anti American Sentiment?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Sometimes the old saying comes to mind garbage in and garbage out? But really you do get alot of info here you wouldn't get elsewhere.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
I thought this thread was about the crash yesterday on ATS. The disclaimer said that ATS is based in Langley Virginia... (home of the CIA) and the most rad repubs on the planet. Whats up with that? Are they chain yanking us with that address or is this really a website generated by the GOV to troll for Anti American Sentiment?

Lol! the servers are based in Britain, the mods are from all over the world.. the Langley thing is a joke man

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Well if it wasn't happening here it'd be happening somewhere else. And better on the internet then holding up traffic I say.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Step away from the keyboard, take a walk, get some fresh air.
Make somebody laugh

edit on 16-9-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
it's probably because a lot of people are dying. and we aren't.

it's not bad everywhere, but it is bad somewhere, just remember that.

and this is the go-to place for staying alive information and general knowledge (if you even you want to survive this crap)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
All the people in the world and animals too are feeling as something is up. Something has got to give. We have reached our limits and need a big change. WE all know this. This will happen..... again........
edit on 15-9-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
All the people in the world and animals too are feeling as something is up. Something has got to give. We have reached our limits and need a big change. WE all know this. This will happen..... again........

I would like to see some sort of chart or something to get a general idea between the people that are just going about their daily lives as if everything is as it should be and those that know something has to give. Charts on a global scale I think would be best, since the problem is actually global.
edit on 16-9-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder

Funny you say that, seeing as how WE ARE animals, at one point in our history we were both predator and prey the pack mentality was deeply ingrained, we felt trouble, we sensed a hunt, we possessed senses a little more keen than our dulled and dimmed ones we have now... the only thing we have left is our Fight Flight response... have you ever seen cattle penned too tight, or too many dogs in one kennel,hell even slim pickings on the savannah will lead to in fighting...my point is animals packed too close together and limited resources just need a little push, be it by fear or competition a fight will break out.
edit on 12/08/11 by LanternOfDiogenes because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by nusnus
reply to post by jaynkeel

But yes...it is user generated, its like, people are going nuts all in the same time...

It's all the electromagnetic waves coming from Elenin. It's causing peoples' brains to short circuit. I saw it on a youtube video!!!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
When the owners started caring more about analytics and page views and less about quality of content and membership, that's when this site went downhill. ATS died a few years ago.
edit on 9/16/2011 by dethduck because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by LanternOfDiogenes

Funny you say that, seeing as how WE ARE animals, at one point in our history we were both predator and prey the pack mentality was deeply ingrained, we felt trouble, we sensed a hunt, we possessed senses a little more keen than our dulled and dimmed ones we have now... the only thing we have left is our Fight Flight response...

Funny you say that.
Seriously though. All though I am not really a hunter as we would know today. However, deep in my core I have always felt the pack mentality and very sensitive to certain situations, especially when around other like individuals. I do not know, I just seem to operate better when in certain situations and environments. I just found it ironic that you described it the way you did, a little familiar to say the least.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join