It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerry Picture Hangs In Communist Hero's Hall Of Fame - Photo this thread

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Firebase
The existence of photographs showing Senator Kerry meeting with General Secretary Do Muoi is not in question. In the course of pursuing the POW and MIA issue, it is reasonable that Senator Kerry would seek to meet with the communist leaders of Vietnam. The critical issue is that the Vietnamese communists have chosen to honor Senator Kerry in their War Crimes Museum for his assistance in helping them achieve victory over the United States. The sign outside the entrance to the room where Kerry's photo is displayed reads: "The World Supports Vietnam in its Resistance." Also exhibited inside the room are protest banners and emblems from various nations and photographs of international leaders who supported North Vietnam's cause.
[edit on 24-8-2004 by Firebase]

Do you have a link to pictures of this place?

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   
This is a last ditch desperate attempt to take the edge off Bush? At this point, even communism looks better than 4 more years with Bush.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Communism is a system based on the idealized view that people have the capacity to be fair and generous. People are only rarely fair or generous, that is why REAL communism could/would never work.

Capitalism is based on the cynical view that people are selfish and unfair. Capitalism is a system that works.

What does that say about the human species?

Please don't get all defensive. We got ahead as a species by taking advantage of all the other species that are less intelligent (mentally manipulative) than ourselves. We also take advantage of a Universe that with comprehension of its basic nature is complient to our will.
With these qualities we have become a devastatingly successful species. Now if we can just keep from killing ourselves off . . .

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by koji_Ki don't doubt any of this, but i don't see either how it makes kerry look bad. he decided to aid in the reconciliation effort. why is that wrong? as for being honored, well, of course he was honored! he was a diplomatic guest! the US ambassador to Viet Nam is an ex POW himself.

-koji K.

[edit on 24-8-2004 by koji_K]

he decided to aid in the reconciliation effort. why is that wrong?

Look at the URL link I gave you, or do you just shoot from the hip? Kerry ordered POW/MIA documents, with information of live sightings of MIAs, destroyed to help the reconciliation effort. Call any POW/MIA family and ask them if they feel more reconciled. How can the man call himself a brother of Vietnam warriors? See the link:

www.aiipowmia.com...

as for being honored, well, of course he was honored! he was a diplomatic guest!

Are you reading my postings? I think not, your putting such a SPIN on the information I gave you, you can't be reading anything I put in here. But I'll say it again so folks just now looking at this thread will have an understanding of what this thread is about:

The critical issue is that the Vietnamese communists have chosen to honor Senator Kerry in their War Remnants Museum (formerly the �War Crimes Museum�) in Saigon, for his assistance in helping them achieve victory over the United States." The sign outside the entrance to the room where Kerry's photo is displayed reads: "The World Supports Vietnam in its Resistance.

The North Vietnamese general in charge of the military campaign that finally drove the U.S. out of South Vietnam in 1975, Gen. Vo Nguyen Giap,
credited a group led by Democratic presidential front-runner John Kerry with helping him achieve victory.
If this man said it, you can bet your life on it. I can see you people don't understand who this general was, so I got you all a link, read it.

www.brasseysinc.com...

hooah

well, first, i know who gen. giap is, thank you. second, according to your memo linked to above, senator mccain among others had copies of the report as well. i find it hard to believe that if the report contained evidence of existing pow's still in viet nam mccain would not have leaked the report or made some comment. to my knowledge he did not so.

my understanding of the pow lobbying efforts as regards viet nam is that these people are severely against normalization of trade relations with viet nam because they are manipulated by big business which would be harmed by such. as unpatriotic as this may sound, i balance it with the fact that the idea that there are still living pow's in viet nam is simply absurd. in my opinion, the worst information contained in any briefing destroyed, even in the early 90s, would have been evidence of mia's still mia, and almost certainly dead. while regrettable, this should not stand as an impediment to trade normalization and reconciliation.

a link to a site hosted by a former US Colonel who supports this view:

www.miafacts.org...

Also, the findings of the Committee you mentioned were published in full. It's just the briefing docs that were destroyed. documents which were classified anyway and which no one could expect to see regardless, so their destruction really is irrelevant for the general public.

-koji K.

[edit on 25-8-2004 by koji_K]

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 03:27 AM
link   
The US went in to stop its puppet government in the south falling to a popular uprising. The US went in to "protect" the south FROM ITSELF!! The commie north invasion was a complete hoax just like the WMDs!

READ CHOMSKY IT HELPS!

Edit: Spelling [/

[edit on 25/8/2004 by Corinthas]

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I support Bush, and I am against Kerry, but come on guys I don't think Kerry intended to give aid to the enemy. I think this is a good example for the youger audience we have, your actions may lead to things you have no clue of.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Thats to easy brother...........evidence

Your hero Bush is DESERTER and a COWARD. He went AWOL during a time of war. He should be in the BIG HOUSE, not the WHITE HOUSE.

Trying to pick at John Kerry's service in 'Nam is pathetic. He was THERE while BUSH was back home living it up. No matter how much you dislike Kerry, I can't for the life of me understand how any non-mentally handicapped human being could support a DESERTER. Anyone else would've done time.

Let's hear for the land of slave and home of the elite.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
1. The Vietnam war was OVER in 1993. Did someone forget to inform you of that?

Someone forgot to tell Kerry that. He's the one that keeps bringing
up Vietnam. Considering that he only spent four months in combat
mode there ... I wonder why he keeps talking about Vietnam. He
has 20 years of Senate history he could be talking about (when he
bothered to show up), but he keeps going back to Vietnam.

Well boys and girls, Kerry has appointed HILLARY to be in charge
of his 'Truth' squad. HILLARY is supposed to straighten everything
out and make sure the 'truth' is told.
So now I suppose we
can all rest easy, knowing she's hot on the job. We can all believe
HER, can't we??

(no link to the Hillary thing ... it was on the news last night)

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I don't know about the picture... as someone said, it could be hanging anywhere. I have no reason to doubt that it is where it's purported to be.

My problem with this whole thing is... why it's all anyone can talk about. Kerry brought it up, then apparently either lied or got his facts wrong... he was here, he was there, no he wasn't there, blah blah. The information for Kerry keeps changing, but the information for Bush stays the same: He was in the Guard, he went AWOL, he didn't go AWOL. It makes a big difference to people involved in Viet Nam or who lost people over there, but in regards to this presidential race, at this moment in time, I don't see the relevance in either person's record. I want to hear them talk about the war, economy, crime and education. Two more months of this old horse being beaten and I'm going to write my own name in when November comes. I don't care if Kerry was on Mars golfing with Hitler and Jim Morrison during Viet Nam with Bush acting as cabana boy. I just want to know what these guys think they're going to accomplish if they get the next 4 year shot at power.

[edit on 25-8-2004 by torque]

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I'm thoroughly degusted with some of you people. Bite Bush, bite Kerry.....you humans are acting like rotten, squabbling, snot nosed little children...what's wrong with you people!? Why can't people stick to the issues....no one knows for sure who did what, yet you'll come here and act like mongers over everything anyone posts....well, here's a news flash for you people that feed off this silly crap...NO politician is going to have a clean background...politics is dirty plain and simple....stick with the issues and vote for the lesser of two evils...grow up

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   
If things aren't questioned, sometimes ad nauseum, you don't necessarily know which of the two evils is the lesser. That in itself is a shame. I'd rather see no parties of any kind, just a bunch of people running and see who wins. Everybody gets 3 commercials limited to addressing the issues, all for the same time length, all at the same cost so it doesn't matter who is rich or not. Everybody gets to debate, all wearing the same basic clothing so nobody looks Brooks Brothers while another looks K-Mart. Tell us what you want to do and we'll decide who gets to do it. I'm tired of taking the guy who "won't screw us the worst". I'd like just once in my voting lifetime to have a solid candidate that I support, not just that I'm voting for in order to keep someone else out.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by torque
If things aren't questioned, sometimes ad nauseum, you don't necessarily know which of the two evils is the lesser. That in itself is a shame. I'd rather see no parties of any kind, just a bunch of people running and see who wins. Everybody gets 3 commercials limited to addressing the issues, all for the same time length, all at the same cost so it doesn't matter who is rich or not. Everybody gets to debate, all wearing the same basic clothing so nobody looks Brooks Brothers while another looks K-Mart. Tell us what you want to do and we'll decide who gets to do it. I'm tired of taking the guy who "won't screw us the worst". I'd like just once in my voting lifetime to have a solid candidate that I support, not just that I'm voting for in order to keep someone else out.

An intelligent voice among the masses!!!! How refreashing! I couldn't agree more! It'll never happen, but wouldn't it be absolutely wonderful if it could!

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Firebase The critical issue is that the Vietnamese communists have chosen to honor Senator Kerry in their War Crimes Museum for his assistance in helping them achieve victory over the United States. The sign outside the entrance to the room where Kerry's photo is displayed reads: "The World Supports Vietnam in its Resistance."

No sir.

The critical issue is that someone in Vietnam decided that this should be a "tribute." Whether the photo is a permanent feature or whatever, someone WITHOUT THE PERMISSION OF THE PEOPLE IN THE PHOTO hung it up in a museum and used it for propaganda.

Just like we can hang a picture of Bush in any political museum and attach whatever titles and significance we want to it.

The issue isn't someone displaying a photo. The REAL issue is "what did he do?" Not "who is displaying his photo."

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by WaskDo you have a link to pictures of this place?

LARGE photos.imageevent.com...

LARGE photos.imageevent.com...

These are photos of the museum, I cannot see any picture of John Kerry, but someone ask for links and photos of the museum, so here they are. The photos came from photos placed on the net by people who have traveled to Vietnam. You know the type "This is what I saw" web pages.

This is an indirect link to the Museum:
www.virtualtourist.com...

Link to The New York Sun original article:
www.freerepublic.com...

The article can also be viewed at The New York Sun link, but you'll need to register with the site:
www.nysun.com...

The article starts out:
At a museum run by this country�s Communist regime, visitors gasp and recoil at hundreds of gruesome photographs of atrocities American forces and their allies allegedly committed during the Vietnam War. But one of the more staid official photos on display is prompting anger from veterans and others half a world away.

In an exhibit hall titled �The World Supports Vietnam in Its Resistance� hangs a picture of a 1993 meeting between Senator Kerry of Massachusetts and the man who was then the general secretary of Vietnam�s Communist Party, Do Muoi.

I'll post what Kerry did to help the North win the war in Vietnam in my next post....... I saw the information somewhere online last year and paid little notice to it, you know "Like OK I figured that already, but so what who cares."

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Someone forgot to tell Kerry that. He's the one that keeps bringing
up Vietnam. Considering that he only spent four months in combat
mode there ... I wonder why he keeps talking about Vietnam.

You folks are picking Kerry apart about his combat service IN Vietnam. Why don't you explain to us where your hero Captain W. Courageous was while Kerry was FIGHTING for our his country? You can't! Because Rove destroyed the smoking gun records. Bush is CHICKEN who used his daddy to get into the Guard, where he hid out. What's even worse, is he couldn't even handle that! How pathetic!

He has 20 years of Senate history he could be talking about (when he
bothered to show up), but he keeps going back to Vietnam.

Ya gotta love it! Why don't the Bushies stop attacking Kerry and start talking up their achievements... Oops! I forgot! Bush's presidential record is abysmal, and that's putting it mildly. He has no record to run on. You all know it, too.

Well boys and girls, Kerry has appointed HILLARY to be in charge
of his 'Truth' squad. HILLARY is supposed to straighten everything
out and make sure the 'truth' is told.
So now I suppose we
can all rest easy, knowing she's hot on the job. We can all believe
HER, can't we??

Attack, attack, attack. I don't care for the ice princess, myself; but, come on. Why don't you try talking about what Bush has done that's so great. And please, don't waste anyone's time blathering on about how safe he's made the world.
Bush supporters are the only people on planet earth deluded enough to buy that crap.

[edit on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   
The government of Vietnam just recently convinced Kerry to turn down the to-be-made-into-law thing about religious freedom for Vietnam. It was on the news yesterday. Kerry seems to have a tie with the communistss. Too close perhaps?

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
News article where John Kerry claims He did negotiate with North Vietnam.

Starts out with:
WASHINGTON -- In a question-and-answer session before a Senate committee in 1971, John F. Kerry, who was a leading antiwar activist at the time, asserted that 200,000 Vietnamese per year were being "murdered by the United States of America" and said he had gone to Paris and "talked with both delegations at the peace talks" and met with communist representatives.

www.boston.com...

One FBI report provided to the Globe by Nicosia shows that the government was monitoring whether Kerry planned to go to Paris again. Kerry was "planning to travel to Paris, France . . . for talks with North Vietnamese peace delegation," said the report, dated Nov. 11, 1971.

Here are FBI reports that I have been able to locate so far:

The first page list John Kerry as a member of the Executive Committe of the VVAW.

Large view: photos.imageevent.com...

The second page shows where the Executive Committe made a trip to North Vietnam:

Large View: photos.imageevent.com...

I'm still looking at FBI reports, but it is slow going, many pages, more to post soon I'm sure. But how much does one need to see before they understand that I'm right about Kerry, and His after war actions? If Kerry betrayed America back then, you can rest assured that he'll do it again. You best ask yourself can we trust this guy if another major terrorist attack should take place here in the USA.

Anyone who cares to read the FBI files you can download them at this link:
ice.he.net...

hooah

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   

News article where John Kerry claims He did negotiate with North Vietnam.

Starts out with:
WASHINGTON -- In a question-and-answer session before a Senate committee in 1971, John F. Kerry, who was a leading antiwar activist at the time, asserted that 200,000 Vietnamese per year were being "murdered by the United States of America" and said he had gone to Paris and "talked with both delegations at the peace talks" and met with communist representatives.

www.boston.com...

One FBI report provided to the Globe by Nicosia shows that the government was monitoring whether Kerry planned to go to Paris again. Kerry was "planning to travel to Paris, France . . . for talks with North Vietnamese peace delegation," said the report, dated Nov. 11, 1971.

Here are FBI reports that I have been able to locate so far:

The first page list John Kerry as a member of the Executive Committe of the VVAW.

Large view: photos.imageevent.com...

The second page shows where the Executive Committe made a trip to North Vietnam:

I'm still looking at FBI reports, but it is slow going, many pages, more to post soon I'm sure. But how much does one need to see before they understand that I'm right about Kerry, and His after war actions? If Kerry betrayed America back then, you can rest assured that he'll do it again. You best ask yourself can we trust this guy if another major terrorist attack should take place here in the USA.

Anyone who cares to read the FBI files you can download them at this link:
ice.he.net...

hooah

how did kerry betray america? these things that a group kerry was a member of did aren't crimes... so... how do you make the jump from all this to kerry betraying his country?

-koji K.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   
These are my last postings of any FBI reports concerning trips to North Vietnam by Kerry's group the VVAW. If you can't see why John Kerry's photograph is featured in the War Protestors Hall of the War Remnants Museum in Ho Chi Minh City then I can't help, besides there are just to many reports like the ones I have posted for your viewing to keep putting them up.

This FBI report shows that North Vietnam was unhappy with Kerry's VVAW group, because North Vietnam's government ask the VVAW to conduct a protest in one manner and the VVAW wanted to do it differently.

This FBI report shows that people from Kerry's VVAW group made a trip to North Vietnam.

Another document showing people from Kerry's group makes another trip to North Vietnam.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join