It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Yowie some form of Marsupial Ape?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Recently while browsing through the site cryptomundo.com... Someone asked "What is a Yowie".
After thinking on it for a while, and from what Ive read in books and searched on Google, now i have begun to come up with a theory that the Yowie is a marsupial version on Bigfoot, the product of Australia’s convergent evolution.

What is convergent evolution?
Its where a species evolves to fill a gap occupied by a normally different species anywhere else.

In this case -
Thylacaleo, a marsupial, evolved in Australia to replace the Big Cats on other continents, The Thylacine took the place of Canines and wolves, sugar gliders became Australia's squirrels and Wombats took the place of Badgers - all Marsupial - there is not one reason why a Marsupial form of ape should not have evolved in Australia to fill the same niches as the great apes.

This has happened before in isolation on the island of Madagascar. A mega form of Lemur evolved – the Tretretretre said to be "half Lemur and half Man", the species is of course the extinct Megaladapis. This animal was capable of standing and walking upright and described as having “very human face”.

Another thing that convinces me of it being marsupial is that most sightings of these hominids and the eye witness drawings detail an animal with a protruding belly. Could the “pot belly” be a juvenile in a pouch?

If it does exist maybe it's a cousin of the New Zealand Bigfoot- te Moehau?
If it was present on Gondwana then it is possible it was also present on Zelandia,a part of Gondwana that broke off to become the New Zealand Islands during the Cenozoic era?
This would explain how ape like beings came to be present on an island as isolated as New Zealand.

New Zealand bio-geographically is far different then Australia. The evolution of a more Bigfoot-like creature would best have suited the heavily dense forest and bush covered terrain. With no large predators the Moehau could afford to evolve a more placental style of reproduction.

I think both of these species could be a very primitive form of ape that roamed around during the Late Cenozoic era.

These animals are not modern man but far older.

edit on 9/13/2011 by NZkraw because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Or otherwise known as,slightly evolved but not quite there.
predominate in NSW , QLD and NZ

edit on 13-9-2011 by 12voltz because: of my poor taste

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by NZkraw

A marsupial ape? I'm no evolutionary biologist but I don't think the term has any meaning, it'd be like saying a canine arachnid, doesn't make much sense. Now if you want to posit the possibility of a marsupial becoming somewhat ape-like in appearance that's different and I suppose its a remote possibility, though such a creature would have a hard time avoiding being cataloged by science.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

I know that the term i used to classify it really does contradict itself, but if the Yowie did have to evolve to move around in the arid Australian deserts after the forests disappeared due to the climate they would of had to evolve a method of transporting its young, for foraging purposes and maybe a way to defend its young from the predators that might have preyed on them, and maybe from the heat as well. The possibility of a placental (Marsupial pouched) animal may have been probable, but it most likely will never be approved by modern scientists due to the fact that an animal over 2metres tall wouldn't stay hidden for long in this developing world, and because there are no other apes that are known species have pouches. On the other hand pouches would be a very practical way to store nuts and berries and maybe meat after a kill, this would explain the strong odor many witnesses experience.
edit on 9/13/2011 by NZkraw because: (no reason given)

join