It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Thought on Life, Death and Reincarnation.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Some claim when you die you travel down a tunnel towards a light and are then surrounded by loved ones. My grandmother would tell me a story of this happening to her when I was younger. The next time I really thought about NDE's, reincarnation or any thing of that genre of subject matter was from the movie Flatliners.

Well this morning while sitting in line at the drive thru for a coffee I found myself thinking of what it is like to be born. More so what my kid went thru and what it was like. Don't ask me why I was thinking this because I will not have an answer. I had let my mind wander do to the loud lady in front of me giving the cashier a hard time thru the speaker. So here's what I've got. As I stated in the beginning there are many claims of tunnels and lights etc... I say that this next piece could be the simplest explanation. We might be instantly recycled. Poor choice of words maybe? But I cant think of any other way to put it.

Simply put, when you die you travel thru a dark tunnel and come out into a bright room surrounded by love ones. That is no different then being born in the literal sense. The child leaves the womb pops out her mom into a bright white hosp room( for the most part) and is then passed around and surrounded by all that will love that child. Keeping it simple, its the same thing either way.

Maybe we are instantly recycled? I don't know either way because I for one can not remember being born or my first thoughts or anything that surrounded my birthday. Also, I have yet to die and come back. So no good there either. Some will say that they have died and came back and that's not the way. The problem with that is you came back.

That's all I have for the moment and am looking forward to reading your responses. Have a great day everyone and thanks for reading.

-BC-

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlastedCaddy
That's all I have for the moment and am looking forward to reading your responses. Have a great day everyone and thanks for reading.

-BC-

Interesting idea, but why would anyone be instantly recycled as a human? Why not be instantly recycled as a bird? As a bacteria? As a human corpse that decays into 3 * 10^28 pieces? The problem with the idea of reincarnation is that why do piles of atoms need to be linked to an external soul?

I think piles of atoms "love to be conscious" and they "want to be conscious". In what way? Well, any time piles of atoms become conscious, we like to reproduce, grow, expand, etc. But I think that perhaps our consciousness is actually like a soup that disperses into the universe upon death. Some would see this and say "we simply die and nothing happens". But its not really true. Those atoms have an infinity of time to reassemble into consciousness and will do that or something even cooler than that. Or, if time "runs out" then they'll likely have some other resource to exploit to assemble into consciousness.

People who say you die and "nothing happens" are not thinking about the big picture. Of course for this post I'm just thinking about the concept of dying with "nothing happening". I believe that as most people think that people have some sort of soul. So, do birds also have souls? I suppose they do. Do flys have souls? I suppose they do. Do single-cell bacteria have souls? I don't think so. If souls exist then I think they exist only where nerve cells are linked together so that a mind can form.
edit on 11-9-2011 by seachange because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by seachange

I agree with both here. I think that a soul is present in every sentient being. Of course this requires an understanding of the definition of the term 'sentient' referring to anyone/thing that has conscious or having power of perception through senses, thus this would include even the microscopic organisms so long as they are 'alive' and perceive however I believe that since the life cycles for these organisms are so short so if one were reincarnated as one the time spent in that form would be so short that it would almost be like just a short intermission between lives.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by BlastedCaddy

Matter cannot be destroyed, it only changes shape or gets rearranged! I too think that our soul simply gets recycled. Of course we have no memory of our supposed past lives due to the fact that our brain cells die. Other than that I remember reading about how we are ultimately composed of "star dust". Just like how stars die, bursting its materials into space which will later mix with the primeval hydrogen of the universe to create another star, maybe when we die, we go back to the source from which we came. Who knows. It's interesting to ponder though.
edit on 9/11/2011 by IEtherianSoul9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Well for starters, science has an explanation for the bright light at the end of the tunnel.

During a NDE less blood and oxygen enters the eyes. As such, the peripherals of ones vision begin to shut down. The longer the eye goes without oxygen, the more of the outer regions of the vision disappear, until one is left with what can appear to be a bright light at the end of a black tunnel. When in reality it is just most of the vision being shut off and a pinhole size of vision remaining.

As for the soul and reincarnation.
I personally like to think that everything has a soul. It is what ties the matter, which is basically energy, to the great oneness. It however can not be created or destroyed.

One must not forget about the spirit. The spirit is distinct from the soul, as it is what we would call our conciousness. It is who we are.
I believe the spirit is created when matter and the soul give rise to a being capable of consciousness. It is the soul condensed and working in unison.
Upon death, the spirit is destroyed and as decay sets in the soul that once made up the spirit is scattered.
However much like the DNA, can be used to recreate a human being, the soul has memories of being apart of a spirit, and with it carries the memories of that individual.
When that peice of matter and soul are used to create another being capable of consciousness, it adds its memories to the new spirit.

I am not sure that makes any sense or if i'm just talking out my behind. lol.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
..... died (((((
I always look here yourdeathdate.info...
Death when it comes will have no denial.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MoralityMatters
reply to post by seachange

I agree with both here. I think that a soul is present in every sentient being. Of course this requires an understanding of the definition of the term 'sentient' referring to anyone/thing that has conscious or having power of perception through senses, thus this would include even the microscopic organisms so long as they are 'alive' and perceive however I believe that since the life cycles for these organisms are so short so if one were reincarnated as one the time spent in that form would be so short that it would almost be like just a short intermission between lives.

What if single celled lifeforms and even vegetation were powered by the Collective of Souls instead of an individual Soul?
Many peeps say trees have spirit and that's a good way to look at it.

Life anywhere in this dimension of the Universe doesn't exist without a Soul involved.

As to the OP's question, considering God/Source recycles the Universe, that We would be recycled as well is a given but the real question is, dew WE get a choice of our next duty station? If WE don't, what kind of life would that be?

Personally, I'm tickled I get to be a part of this and who or what I get to play next time, I'll worry about that then, kNot that I'll really worry about anything.

Ribbit

new topics

top topics

join