It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerry campaign struggling with recent photograph of the candidate, Kerry's Senate office No Comment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   
The photo was displayed on the website of Boston Capital & Technology and shows Senator John Kerry on an outsourcing trade mission he led to China. The BCT website, as of this posting, has been removed from the internet. During the late 1990s, John Kerry traveled on a "U.S. trade mission to the People's Republic of China organized and sponsored by a private corporation." The Kerry trip to Beijing was topped off with a "banquet in Beijing's legendary Great Hall of the People." To prove the trip was a success, the Massachusetts-based firm of Boston Capital & Technology photographed Kerry in the Beijing Great Hall of the People. The image and trip information appear at www.us-china.com, Boston Capital's Website. (The Site Has Been Pulled Off The Net)

photos.imageevent.com...

In the photo is Kerry, an unnamed Chinese government official and Paul Marcus, the head of Boston Capital & Technology. Marcus also refused to provide details of the China trip, including the time and date, whether the senator took money for his services, or the identity of the Chinese officials with whom Kerry met.

The photo shows the Massachusetts senator in Beijing, People's Republic of China, working with a company associated with the Chinese military. The Kerry campaign and the Kerry Senate office both are refusing to comment on the Democratic presidential candidate's privately sponsored trade trip to China. Repeated phone calls both to Kerry's campaign headquarters and his Senate office were not returned.

Marcus is a business partner with the China International Trust and Investment Corp. (CITIC), a firm closely associated with the Chinese military and included on the Website a picture of himself meeting with CITIC officials in China. "Boston Capital & Technology is a bilateral contractual affiliate of both the China Council for the Promotion of International Trade (CCPIT), China's largest trade organization, and the China International Trust and Investment Corporation (CITIC), China's largest investment organization," the Website said.

CITIC is known as a front for the munitions manufacturer Poly Technologies Corp. According to a 1997 report prepared by the Rand Corporation, "Poly Technologies Ltd. was founded in 1984, ostensibly as a subsidiary of CITIC, although it was later exposed to be the primary commercial arm of the PLA [People's Liberation Army] General Staff Department's Equipment Sub-Department." The Rand report continues: "Throughout the 1980s, Poly sold hundreds of millions of dollars of largely surplus arms around the world, exporting to customers in Thailand, Burma, Iran, Pakistan and the United States. ... CITIC does enter into business partnerships with and provide logistical assistance to PLA and defense-industrial companies like Poly."

The Rand report notes that CITIC's Poly Group once tried to smuggle machine guns into the United States: "Poly's U.S. subsidiaries were abruptly closed in August 1996. Allegedly, Poly's representative, Robert Ma, conspired with China North Industries Corporation's (NORINCO) representative, Richard Chen, and a number of businessmen in California to illegally import 2,000 AK-47s into the United States."

(edited so as to bold some information)

[edit on 23-8-2004 by Firebase]

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Simply amazing. No doubt the Kerry camp will try to SLAP suit the sourses of the picture in an attemt to bury this as well. Good Find! As Kerry continues to get more and more scrutiny, I keep waiting to find out he was in Teddy's car at Chapaqudic

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I don't think Kerry can stand for all the scrunity that will come his way. I still say the Clintons are behind a lot of these issues. Hillary want's Kerry out of her way for 08.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrsdls
I don't think Kerry can stand for all the scrunity that will come his way. I still say the Clintons are behind a lot of these issues. Hillary want's Kerry out of her way for 08.

That may be, but I don't think the Clintons have to do anything to help take Kerry down. he will do nicely on its own. But you are right. Assuming Bush wins 4 more years, the Clintons will be pushing for 2008. The Republicans had better have a good candidate to counter

new topics

top topics

join