It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul winning MSNBC poll. Poll promptly disappears from Google.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Edit: Link is back now on Google search.

Noticed the poll from msnbc.com that Paul was winning, with a sizable lead at that, disappeared off the search results for Ron Paul on the Web and News sections altogether. It was the first hit. In case you would like to vote here is the link:

Who do you think won the Republican debate at the Reagan library?
edit on 9/8/2011 by PhantomLimb because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
the poll is still running and Ron Paul is in 1st with 42.7%
(17,822 votes) right now. lol

edit on 8-9-2011 by CaDreamer because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by PhantomLimb
Noticed the poll from msnbc.com that Paul was winning, with a sizable lead at that, disappeared off the search results for Ron Paul on the Web and News sections altogether. It was the first hit. In case you would like to vote here is the link:

Yes, we know that the rabid Ron Paul fans will fload any poll on the internet...I could of told you this before the debate.

But did you see the debate??? Ron Paul was a non-factor...he was dominated by stronger personalities...and when he did talk...he didn't make much sense.

So let's calm down on the Ron Paul conspiracies.

link   
As much as I'm in favor of Ron Paul, these online polls are meaningless. Google incognito window = unlimited votes.

+29 more 
posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Yes, we know that the rabid Ron Paul fans will fload any poll on the internet...I could of told you this before the debate.

But did you see the debate??? Ron Paul was a non-factor...he was dominated by stronger personalities...and when he did talk...he didn't make much sense.

You mean he was a non-factor because he was purposely left out of most of the debate, was asked questions that had nothing to do with the topic at hand, and was not given the time to speak that Perry, Romney, and others were allowed? Is that what you mean by non-factor?

Also, I see no conspiracy in regards to the poll disappearing. Happens to be the reason I put in Political Madness and not a conspiracy forum.
edit on 9/8/2011 by PhantomLimb because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by PhantomLimb

You mean he was a non-factor because he was purposely left out of most of the debate, was asked questions that had nothing to do with the topic at hand, and was not given the time to speak that Perry, Romney, and others were allowed? Is that what you mean by non-factor?

Regardless of the reason...he was a non-factor.

The fact that you recognize he was a non-factor...even if you think the reasons are unfair...should show you how useless these polls are.

How can a non-factor win a debate?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Latest from msnbc:

Results with 338 short comments
Total of 43,862 votes - click on the "Display Comments" bar below to sort comments

Ron Paul 43%(18,864 votes)
Mitt Romney 21.7%(9,520 votes)
Rick Perry 16.5%(7,257 votes)
Jon Huntsman 7.9%(3,474 votes)
Newt Gingrich 3.9%(1,722 votes)
Herman Cain 2.9%(1,280 votes)
Michele Bachmann 2.7%(1,185 votes)
Rick Santorum 1.3%(560 votes)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

They made Paul a non factor because they did not treat him as a contender by either ignoring him or throwing him skewed questions. It was obvious who they want to be the top pick. When they cut off Paul after every other question it was clear there was an agenda.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

They made Paul a non factor because they did not treat him as a contender by either ignoring him or throwing him skewed questions. It was obvious who they want to be the top pick. When they cut off Paul after every other question it was clear there was an agenda.

But you are also agreeing he is a non-factor.

Like I said before, this just proves how useless internet polls are...Ron Paul could not show up to a debate and his fanatical supporters would still flood the internet polls to vote him the winner.

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

reply to post by SpaDe_

But you are also agreeing he is a non-factor.

Like I said before, this just proves how useless internet polls are...Ron Paul could not show up to a debate and his fanatical supporters would still flood the internet polls to vote him the winner.

No sir I am not. Someone being left out is not me agreeing he is a non factor. What they did was show tonight that they still have an agenda as always, and that is to keep the pick between two contenders as always. Just because they ignored him does not make the man a non factor.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Not surprised that he's got a big lead in that poll.
I only saw the last couple parts of the debate, but it seemed to me they skipped over Ron repeatedly.
He didn't look happy.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

So he wasn't a non-factor in this debate?

What topics did he come out on top of?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Regardless of the reason...he was a non-factor.

The fact that you recognize he was a non-factor...even if you think the reasons are unfair...should show you how useless these polls are.

How can a non-factor win a debate?

I never said he was a non-factor. I was merely pointing out that you only consider him a non-factor in the debate because of the little time he was given to speak. If he was such a non-factor then why did MSNBC go through the trouble of trying to shut him up?

He got his points across in the time he was given and did a good job at that. Obviously, polls are people's opinions.

Who do you think won?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

reply to post by SpaDe_

So he wasn't a non-factor in this debate?

What topics did he come out on top of?

What topic did they give him the chance to weigh in on? The skewed questions that they did throw him however he knocked out of the park.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

I never said he was a non-factor. I was merely pointing out that you only consider him a non-factor in the debate because of the little time he was given to speak. If he was such a non-factor then why did MSNBC go through the trouble of trying to shut him up?

He got his points across in the time he was given and did a good job at that. Obviously, polls are people's opinions.

Who do you think won?

I believe Rick Perry will get the biggest boost out of this debate....so I would say he is the winner.

I don't agree with any of them, so I don't have a personal winner.

But Ron Paul can't "win" a debate he was hardly a part of...sorry.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Thank you for admitting that the debate was rigged against Paul. If he had been given the same courtesy as Romney and Perry there would have been no other contenders after tonight.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
You guys are both missing the point here.

Ron Paul barely got a chance to speak in the debate right?
He was given lame topics, right?
Therefore, he couldn't have won the debate, right?

The poll is about who won the debate. Clearly it wasn't RP, because he had no chance. It's like saying the MVP of the superbowl was a guy who was in on 4 plays. The poll is not about anything other than who won the poll, remember that. As much as we all hate to admit it, OutKast is right. This just proves that internet polls are useless. Just to make sure it's possible, I went to the website and voted twice. Any data from these kinds of poll is invalid.
edit on 8-9-2011 by TheSnowman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_

Thank you for admitting that the debate was rigged against Paul. If he had been given the same courtesy as Romney and Perry there would have been no other contenders after tonight.

Well, I'll leave you to your little fantasy

The debate wasn't "rigged"...they focused on the candidates that are polling as the most popular....Ron Paul is pretty much tied for 4th with Bachman...but she is a more known name than Ron Paul.

Romney and Perry get the most time because they are leading the polls (and the center spots), Bachman gets more because she is a woman (may sound bad, but it's true), Cain gets some time because he is Black (again...bad but true). Ron Paul is an old white guy that is polling just about 8% in the race...he SHOULDN'T get a lot of time...there is no justification for it. Sure, you see it as "rigged" because you guys LOVE him...but try to see it from the view of people who aren't in love with the man.

I'm sorry...but Ron Paul is not as popular in the real world as he is on ATS.
edit on 8-9-2011 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-9-2011 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_

Well, I'll leave you to your little fantasy

The debate wasn't "rigged"...they focused on the candidates that are polling as the most popular....Ron Paul is pretty much tied for 4th with Bachman...but she is a more known name than Ron Paul.

I'm sorry...but Ron Paul is not as popular in the real world as he is on ATS.

Herman Cain polls at 5% and was given more time and questions than Paul. I don't understand your logic.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Sorry..I edited to explain that...I'll paste it here as well.

Romney and Perry get the most time because they are leading the polls (and the center spots), Bachman gets more because she is a woman (may sound bad, but it's true), Cain gets some time because he is Black (again...bad but true). Ron Paul is an old white guy that is polling just about 8% in the race...he SHOULDN'T get a lot of time...there is no justification for it. Sure, you see it as "rigged" because you guys LOVE him...but try to see it from the view of people who aren't in love with the man.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join