It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How To Find Your Sabian Symbol

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaberz

I don't know much about astrology; so thanks for posting this most unusual, curious piece.

I do know that my birth sign is Libra; and when I looked it up, my sun sign was Libra as well--is this possible? *Normal*?

Here's my finding: Old Rabbi sits contentedly in room crowded with books.

Not a great description of myself as I see myself.

What the heck am I missing?

S/F

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Xaberz

Yup, that makes sense. I have what you could call "wanderlust". My favorite vacation would be just me, my motorcycle, my 6-string and miles upon miles on the road. Sadly, reality is brutally away from that...*sigh*

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raven_Heart
reply to post by Xaberz

Yup, that makes sense. I have what you could call "wanderlust". My favorite vacation would be just me, my motorcycle, my 6-string and miles upon miles on the road. Sadly, reality is brutally away from that...*sigh*
Mmm, that's rough. I wish you the best of luck. Remember to live life to the fullest with no regrets.
Time is a precious thing.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by BurningSpearess
reply to post by Xaberz

I don't know much about astrology; so thanks for posting this most unusual, curious piece.

I do know that my birth sign is Libra; and when I looked it up, my sun sign was Libra as well--is this possible? *Normal*?

Here's my finding: Old Rabbi sits contentedly in room crowded with books.

Not a great description of myself as I see myself.

What the heck am I missing?

S/F

Maybe it's not something yet. Who knows? Maybe when you're old and gray you'll find yourself in a room by yourself with a bunch of books and totally content with life.

Also, do you like knowledge? Do you like sharing knowledge with others and offering sage advice? Those are attributes of a rabbi. Maybe it's your destiny to draw from your life wisdom to help others.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
So if my info is Leo 7°31'53 then i would look at the 7-8?

Kinda funny I was half watching your Youtube vid and following your instructions and was listening to them as you were putting in your information I hear 1985 and born at 11:47 pm which was hilarious because I was born in 1985 born at 11:47 am so that threw me for a loop for a second! In a good way...

edit on 22-9-2011 by seeker11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker11
So if my info is Leo 7°31'53 then i would look at the 7-8?

Kinda funny I was half watching your Youtube vid and following your instructions and was listening to them as you were putting in your information I hear 1985 and born at 11:47 pm which was hilarious because I was born in 1985 born at 11:47 am so that threw me for a loop for a second! In a good way...

Yeah, you want 7-8. So yours is 7-8: A Communist Activist Spreading His Revolutionary Ideals
Which is pretty interesting. Do tell us about your ideas on the matter.

Oh that must have been spooky for you.
could you imagine if it was the same date too? I would have been like, is someone messing with me? haha!

But I guess that makes you a Summer Wood Ox just like me. Since you're a Leo. Us Summer oxen, we're hard workers, which is pretty good for us since we'll be so successful in life from all the hard work we do. make sure you don't work too hard tho seeker11. Too much work will age you fast.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xaberz

Yeah, you want 7-8. So yours is 7-8: A Communist Activist Spreading His Revolutionary Ideals
Which is pretty interesting. Do tell us about your ideas on the matter.

Oh that must have been spooky for you.
could you imagine if it was the same date too? I would have been like, is someone messing with me? haha!

But I guess that makes you a Summer Wood Ox just like me. Since you're a Leo. Us Summer oxen, we're hard workers, which is pretty good for us since we'll be so successful in life from all the hard work we do. make sure you don't work too hard tho seeker11. Too much work will age you fast.

I know right? Well we're close, I'm July 30th.
Yes, I do work hard, sometimes get burnt out, even being a mom and a wife, I feel like I have to do everything on my own, haha kind of bad at asking for help! Then I'm slightly resentful when I'm feeling burn out, because help is not being offered lmao. Ahhh...

As for my symbol, that is interesting. I would say that I've always been one to communicate my ideas of the world to the people I come in contact with. Not necessarily to switch them to my point of view, because honestly I have pretty lucid points of view on everything, but to plant the seeds, the seeds that cause them to question their own beliefs, in hopes of expanding their horizons...so that maybe one day, enough people might have a clean slate, start with a blank canvas and we can pursue great things together with an open mind!

Does that make sense? Well it makes sense to me...

Thanks for sharing by the way, while I take all of this stuff with a grain of salt, it's always interesting to me, as I love figuring out more about myself.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by seeker11

It makes total sense. I don't know if it's the birth year connection, but I feel like I can relate to you really well.

I've always been interested in philosophical discussions with people, and yeah, I don't make it my prerogative to get everyone to believe my point of view. It's more to come to understand each other. I love looking at things in another person's perspective. It's important to know where they come from, how they were raised, how they were taught, and then you can see how they think.

I also love hearing people's philosophies on life. I think a person's philosophies can tell you so much about a person. What they value, how they react to the world, etc. And yeah, I too like to read these little astrology things too. You're right to take them with a grain of salt, but I am amazed sometimes at how accurate they are sometimes. For example, there is another website www.paulsadowski.com... and you put in your full name. Reading through the whole thing it's like 90% true. It's uncanny. Especially where it says my Inner Dream "You dream of being totally free and unrestrained by responsibility. You see yourself conversing and mingling with the natives in many nations, living for adventure and life experiences. You imagine what you might accomplished." I was like, whoa!!! It so resonated with me. I've always been interested in foreign cultures. I loved EPCOT as a kid, and even worked there in college. Visiting another country is probably the most favorite thing I have. And in college I've studied 5 different foreign languages, because I just love it so much!

So yeah.
Anyway, it's bedtime for me. I hope you sleep well seeker. No crocodile dreams for you!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Xaberz

Maybe it's not something yet. Who knows? Maybe when you're old and gray you'll find yourself in a room by yourself with a bunch of books and totally content with life.

Also, do you like knowledge? Do you like sharing knowledge with others and offering sage advice? Those are attributes of a rabbi. Maybe it's your destiny to draw from your life wisdom to help others.

Awesome insight on your part. :
:

I got so blinded with the rabbi religious context that I failed to look at the broader picture!

To tell you the truth, as far as education (love of knowledge), I have my bullchite, my morechite, and am currently working on my full-of-chite...so I AM a teacher (along with some over things).

Thanks for your feedback!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaberz

Thanks for all the interesting info. I appreciate you researching my birth date.

I didn't know the Mayan's had a system similar to "normal" astrology that gave insight based on birth date, etc.

I need to think about the info you posted for a bit as it definitely resonates with me but I'm not sure how to make the best use of it. It's like having a map and knowing where you want to go but not yet having a means of transportation to get there...

Thanks again.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I've had always been into astrology these sabian symbols are interesting though tried it out myself.

I would like help explaining mine got a silly one " 27-28: The King Of The Fairies Approaching His Domain"

What does this mean? I really have no apparent clue to figure this out

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xaberz
reply to post by Pilot

It's the second one because 18 04' 06 falls between 18-19. It's a little confusing but that's how it works. 17-18 would be a number like 17 53' 12 or something like that.

Still, both do sound nice
Even though the hammock is empty if I were standing at the beach and see a hammock between two palm trees, it would be a very peaceful image indeed.

It really is perfect for me, my secret wish, most cherished fantasy is that we can fly...people can fly without the aid of machines. OOBE are real, I had a vivid one that I remember that has had a huge impact on how I look at the world. Usually looking from a higher perspective, big picture kind of view, not sweating the small stuff is easy if I remember what I believe we are capable of. If there is anything to this big change the world is going through, I am hoping that we will know what we can do, and I think flying (or its equivalent) will be part of it.

This is why I chose this screen name. I can fly!!

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaberz

Mary had a little lamb. Hmmmm. Not quite sure what this could mean. Any ideas?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Riffrafter

No problem! I'm still new to figuring out the Mayan Wavespells, but the more I read and learn about it the more interesting it becomes. I've talked with a few people about their Mayan sign, and it's amazing how much it resonates with them, just as it resonates so much with me!

I really like the Mayan Astrology, because as Western Astrology is interesting because it can give you insight in who you are and where your strengths and weaknesses lie, the Mayan Astrology is all about your journey and it gives you the tools necessary to reach your true self.

For your sign in particular, it really sounds like you should follow your intuition. I'm not sure how good your intuition is, but I know personally it can be very difficult to know what your intuition is telling you. I was in a bad relationship last year, and my mind was filled with so much doubt and confusion, I didn't know what was false and what was real. I didn't know if I should continue to make the relationship work or if it was over. I knew I was unhappy in the relationship, but I didn't want to be a "coward" by leaving. But it's all about clearing away that hazy cloud, get to that space where you love yourself, and you trust your feelings. For me, I think self-doubt stems from not trusting that I'm capable of making good choices.

Last year, when I was in that state of mind that I couldn't make good choices, I stop listening to my needs because I felt they couldn't be trusted. But it's all about realizing that good and bad are not set in stone, and after all these years of my life I've finally realized that. For example, maybe I would feel like it was a "bad" decision to date a certain person. They were terrible for me and I only suffered and had heartache. But "good" came out of it too. I learned how to take greater control of my emotions. I learned how to not be so naive. I learned more about myself and what I truly wanted out of a relationship. It's then I realized I wasn't making bad decisions, after all, so many positive things came out of that "bad" decision.

So, once I realized that the choices we make cannot be mistakes, all my self-doubt disappeared. We make choices that we must accept, and we go from there. There's no reason to doubt oneself once one realizes that we don't make mistakes. I hope that helps in understanding how to follow your Mayan reading. If it doesn't or it isn't applicable to your life, at the very least it might help some random person reading this post.

Peace!

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pilot
It really is perfect for me, my secret wish, most cherished fantasy is that we can fly...people can fly without the aid of machines. OOBE are real, I had a vivid one that I remember that has had a huge impact on how I look at the world. Usually looking from a higher perspective, big picture kind of view, not sweating the small stuff is easy if I remember what I believe we are capable of. If there is anything to this big change the world is going through, I am hoping that we will know what we can do, and I think flying (or its equivalent) will be part of it.

This is why I chose this screen name. I can fly!!

That is so funny! Thank you for sharing your story!
It's amazing how much these Sabian Symbols can connect with our lives. Wow! Even how your symbol connects with your screen name. That's kind of unreal.
Well, best of luck on your magic carpet ride. It's a really nice symbol indeed.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by hypattia
reply to post by Xaberz

Mary had a little lamb. Hmmmm. Not quite sure what this could mean. Any ideas?

I think the image is Virgo 23-24: Mary And Her Little Lamb

What comes to mind when you think of Mary and her little lamb?
In other words, picture Mary and her little lamb in your head, and then look at the emotions that come out of that image.

Personally, I see a young girl filled with energy and excitement. She is innocent and enthusiastic about life. She loves her lamb so much, and it makes the children laugh and play. The lamb's fleece is white as snow, and conjures in my mind the idea of purity. The love of things for being pure in nature. The simple joy that can come out of that which is pure.

Connecting this with your life, I would feel like you get excited very much over things that bring you joy. And if you're ever sad in your life, you have something in it like a little lamb, that you only have to turn to and it will make you happy again. And this something whatever it is, will follow you wherever you go, even if you feel like you lose sight of it, it's always there waiting for when you need it.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by SparkOfSparks6
I've had always been into astrology these sabian symbols are interesting though tried it out myself.

I would like help explaining mine got a silly one " 27-28: The King Of The Fairies Approaching His Domain"

What does this mean? I really have no apparent clue to figure this out

According to Shakespeare, the King of Fairies is Oberon. Have you ever read A Midsummer Night's Dream? If you haven't, perhaps you should read it as you might like it very much, and it might be the key to unlocking the meaning of your symbol.

Basically, it's a love story of two young men and two young women who end up in a wood. They have a detestable time getting along, but the wood is the domain of the fairies, and Oberon has a spell cast on one of them. The spell backfires and more mayhem pursues, but in the end all is right and they all get along as best of pals with the right couples ending up in each others arms.

I feel like Oberon is a big fan of love, so I would take the symbol to mean you are a romantic at heart. Also, that you adore the magical aspect of the world or even just magic in general. Since Oberon's domain is the forest, perhaps the forest holds a great importance to your heart. After all, home is where the heart is. The symbol also suggests that Oberon was outside his domain and he is approaching it, as if he was recently on a long journey. To me, this suggests that even if your life is not filled with forests and fun and fancy-free, perhaps you're a business man or something like that, but you still have a great appreciation for the calm and home-like feel of nature. It's like, when life feels a little too serious at times, you can just come back to the woods and feel like a completely different person, a person at peace and like a king.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I got "A Woman, Fecundated By Her Own Spirit, Is "Great With Child"
And I was instantly confused, because I did not know the meaning of "fecundated."
Then from what I gathered from a quick google search... it means impregnated.
So am I supposed to be impregnated by my own spirit? haha. Maybe I'll be able to figure this one out if I ever have a child.
Glad to see others have found theirs to be helpful. Certainly an interesting page, thank you for sharing

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angelaisaac
I got "A Woman, Fecundated By Her Own Spirit, Is "Great With Child"
And I was instantly confused, because I did not know the meaning of "fecundated."
Then from what I gathered from a quick google search... it means impregnated.
So am I supposed to be impregnated by my own spirit? haha. Maybe I'll be able to figure this one out if I ever have a child.
Glad to see others have found theirs to be helpful. Certainly an interesting page, thank you for sharing

I did some reflection on your symbol because I was perplexed too. And I have come up with my idea of what it could mean. I feel like child and fecundated are both metaphors, which I will explain.

I feel like child is a metaphor for the creation of something, and I feel like fecundated means the seeds that were planted to bring that creation about. You know how there's the saying "Teachers plant the seeds of knowledge to prepare their students for the world?" I believe your Sabian Symbol is very similar. Instead of the seeds of knowledge, I feel like the symbol is about the seeds of spiritual knowledge. The reason being is because your spirit is the one planting the seed (pregnancy). So perhaps we can rephrase the saying to be something like "Your spirit has planted the seeds of spiritual knowledge to prepare you for the spiritual world." I believe the tools necessary to prepare you for that spiritual world is represented by the child that has grown from the seed and egg.

It is also possible the child isn't a metaphor. Maybe it is saying that your child or future children are going to shape your spirituality and will help you succeed in the spiritual world. I don't know if you believe in past lives, but if you do, it might be possible that in your past life you didn't have a child and you felt like there was something missing in your life. So this life, your spirit decides to grant you a child, and this allow you to grow a greater understanding of spirituality.

But if this is not the case, and child is a metaphor, then perhaps the metaphor represents something else. So you're not pregnant right now, I'm assuming, but picture that there is something growing in your belly. Not a tumor, but like a light or a glow. And you only have to look at this glow and you feel happy. You feel like your whole body is glowing. It's important to foster this light, to take care of it spiritually like how one takes care of a baby physically. Do what is necessary to ensure your body is a temple and you are filling your spirit with positive energy.

I feel like I'm starting to ramble, but your symbol is very complex and it could mean any number of things. I hope at least one of the things I've said connects with you. Or maybe I'm selling myself short and all of it does. But anyway, it's actually a really neat symbol once you start to think about it.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Shameless promotional bump >.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join