It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Am a Straight, Married Christian Male in Support of Gay Marriage

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by buildingthenations

Originally posted by Komodo
reply to post by The Old American

Change your ways and ways of thinking or change your christian status; you can't have both better yet.. read the bible from cover to cover.................

^Perfectly said. God clearly states in the Bible He HATES homosexuality. How can you claim to be a "christian" and support something completely against God?

ORLYNAO? Please tell me where GOD states this, or for that matter where JESUS States this. Not some prophet or deciple, i want it from GOD or his son, jesus.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by spw184

Originally posted by buildingthenations

Originally posted by Komodo
reply to post by The Old American

Change your ways and ways of thinking or change your christian status; you can't have both better yet.. read the bible from cover to cover.................

^Perfectly said. God clearly states in the Bible He HATES homosexuality. How can you claim to be a "christian" and support something completely against God?

ORLYNAO? Please tell me where GOD states this, or for that matter where JESUS States this. Not some prophet or deciple, i want it from GOD or his son, jesus.

The question to ask yourself is "Why didn't God just create one sex?"

Why are there "two" sexes, male and female?

Kinda odd, isn't it?

What was God thinking? Had he known, he could have just created one type and saved himself all the trouble of creating a different type for man's *companion* ?

And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him. -- Genesis 2:18 KJV

And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof. -- Genesis 2:19 KJV

And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him. -- Genesis 2:20 KJV

And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; -- Genesis 2:21 KJV

And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man. -- Genesis 2:22 KJV

And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man. - Genesis 2:23 KJV

Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh. -- Genesis 2:24 KJV

I know, I know. It's very difficult to understand these verses in the bible. It's all so archaic, and old fashioned. I mean. HE could have created "Adam and Steve", huh? Solve all the problems right there. Had he only known. That's all man wanted for his companion. Another man like himself. Instead, look at all the trouble God went through. He first created all sorts of animals, fowls, beasts of all sorts, and brought them to Adam to see what he thought, but Adam kept shaking his head--"not that, no, not this". Adam was a fussy guy. Then God hit on a brilliant plan, he'd create someone that looked alot like Adam, but yet different in subtle ways, and Adam was finally satisfied.

But, hey, Adam's descendants....they now turn up their noses at Adam's final choice back then.

If God repeated that experiment today, and started with Steve instead, who knows, we might have an entirely different world.

But the world is the way it is because Adam said Eve was "A OK" for him way back then.

edit on 16-9-2011 by DRAZIW because: spelling

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by DRAZIW

So tell me my friend, exactly when was it that you finally swallowed the largest load of human fabricated bullcrap in regards to the origins of Man?

Hold up now. Allow me to follow up with this....................

I have read many of your posts for some time, and I think that you're a very intelligent poster. ~SheopleNation

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by DRAZIW

To find the solution to this question, we need to merge science, and religon.

Science: Humans are sexualy reproduced so we can have DIVERSITY and have MORE COMPLEX body structures, than for example, a bacteria which asexualy reproduces. When this happens, the bacteria makes two IDENTICAL bacteria, because it is from the same ONE set of DNA. Thats why if you find a cure for ONE individual of a bacteria species, you find a cure for ALL bacteria of that speices. So, Evolutionary logic states that advanced creatures will have a male and a female, or at least 2 hermaphroditic partners (Tulips and Lampreys.)

Religon: God did not want humans to be bacteria, so he made us more complex. To make us more complex, He made us have two sexes. The end

So, THAT is why god made two sexes.

PS: Adam and eve is BS. Just saying. There is nobody of any credibility that wrote the book of genisis, in fact the only credible version of it is rejected by the catholic church. Type in "Lilith" into google.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
It should be obvious if there was only one gender we'd be asexual like worms. The human race can't continue to exist if men and women don't produce offspring. If every man was gay and every woman a lesbian we'd cease to exist and would die out.

You'd say we could use artificial insemination but that isn't the natural biological way. Nature intends for a man to impregnate a woman by natural biological means. Hence the design of our sexual organs.

Two men having sex with each other can't produce offspring nor can two women having sex with each other produce offspring. Homosexuality isn't natural because it goes against the natural urge for impregnation to pass on DNA and to continue the survival of our species.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by GNUFanx86

What about bisexuality than? Whats your argument against that? Oh and BTW: were not trying to make everyone gay, we passed 5th grade, I think we know that two men can't have a baby...

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

What about bisexuality than? Whats your argument against that? Oh and BTW: were not trying to make everyone gay, we passed 5th grade, I think we know that two men can't have a baby...

I think you fail to factor in human psychology too for the account of homosexuality and bisexuality.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Im not sure what you mean by that, but I would love for you to start dissing bisexuality, I wonder what you can come up with.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by GNUFanx86
It should be obvious if there was only one gender we'd be asexual like worms. The human race can't continue to exist if men and women don't produce offspring. If every man was gay and every woman a lesbian we'd cease to exist and would die out.

Gay men and Lesbians have been producing off spring with an opposite sex person since the beginning of time.

There is nothing wrong with their sex organs.

However -- if there was some kind of reversal and you had to have sex with same gender.

How would you feel?

edit on 17-9-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Gay men and Lesbians have been producing off spring with an opposite sex person since the beginning of time.

However -- if there was some kind of reversal and you had to have sex with same gender.

How would you feel?

They wouldn't be gay if they was having sex with someone of the opposite gender.

How would I 'have to' have sex with someone of the same gender? There is always the option of not doing it.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

How would you feel?

They wouldn't be gay if they was having sex with someone of the opposite gender.

That is a very ignorant statement.

How would I 'have to' have sex with someone of the same gender? There is always the option of not doing it.

The question was how would you feel.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

You said

How would you feel?

Don't try to back peddle. How would I have to have sex with the same gender? There is always the choice of saying no and not doing it.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

reply to post by DRAZIW

Science: Humans are sexualy reproduced so we can have DIVERSITY

Huh?

Tell that to the doctor trying to find new anti-biotic medicines for the old bacteria that continually diversify themselves producing more resistant strains and super-bugs all by the asexual reproduction process alone.

If it's diversity you want, you only need to diversify the environment.

Religon: God did not want humans to be bacteria, so he made us more complex. To make us more complex, He made us have two sexes. The end

Well ok, he wanted us to be "more complex". I'll accept that.

Certainly, he frowned upon asexual activity. And although many a young man has experimented with this kind of "reproduction", it's clear that God intended man to have much more "fun" with the process, so he created two sexes.

Actually, the true motivation is for mankind to learn about a principle called "charity".

You have to "give" in order to "receive".

If you're doing it all by yourself, there's no giving. It's just a selfish expression.

So, the "complexity" comes in in that man being higher up the food chain has to learn about more advanced principles on the spiritual ladder.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

How would you feel?

Lol They was having? Are we hillbillies now? Jk jk jk

And what he means (or i think) Is what if the human race evolved or that was the ONLY was to have babies was to have sex with the same gender, or maybe it was like that from the beginning of time, what would you do?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by DRAZIW

reply to post by DRAZIW

Science: Humans are sexualy reproduced so we can have DIVERSITY

Huh?

Tell that to the doctor trying to find new anti-biotic medicines for the old bacteria that continually diversify themselves producing more resistant strains and super-bugs all by the asexual reproduction process alone.

If it's diversity you want, you only need to diversify the environment.

Well ok, he wanted us to be "more complex". I'll accept that.

Certainly, he frowned upon asexual activity. And although many a young man has experimented with this kind of "reproduction", it's clear that God intended man to have much more "fun" with the process, so he created two sexes.

Actually, the true motivation is for mankind to learn about a principle called "charity".

If you're doing it all by yourself, there's no giving. It's just a selfish expression.

So, the "complexity" comes in in that man being higher up the food chain has to learn about more advanced principles on the spiritual ladder.

1. What I mean by diversify is every baby is an individual, there is no two people who are EXACTLY alike, even identical twins have different lifestyles.

I never would have expected THAT statement from a biblebasher...

Anyways, this is against masturbation, but [spoiler] We gay guys give and receive too... [/spoiler]

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

And what he means (or i think) Is what if the human race evolved or that was the ONLY was to have babies was to have sex with the same gender, or maybe it was like that from the beginning of time, what would you do?

Actually - if a person is gay - they're gay. Its in the physical/chemical makeup of their body. In other words - - its how the "soup was stirred".

They are physically attracted to same gender. Having sex with opposite gender does not turn a gay person straight.

However - - there is nothing wrong with their reproductive organs. Gays/Lesbians have produced off-spring since the beginning of time - - by the sexual act with an opposite gender person. The argument that humans would die off because gays can't reproduce is stupid. And now with modern technology - - - the need for any gay/lesbian - - - to perform an unnatural act for them - - - by the sexual act with an opposite gender person doesn't need to happen.

But the question is/was: if you were forced to perform what is an unnatural act for you - by having sex with same gender - - - how would you feel.

Its a very straight forward question - - - that deserves a straight forward answer. Not - - a side step answer.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Actually - if a person is gay - they're gay. Its in the physical/chemical makeup of their body. In other words - - its how the "soup was stirred".

I don't buy that argument. It doesn't explain why a gay man would "dress" like a woman.

The clothing we wear to signal our gender is entirely social practice. We are trained from youth. it's a convention used to identify the sex. When a gay man puts on drag queen outfit, he is saying more than his genes or body chemistry could ever be responsible for. It's clearly a choice. He goes "against" the convention, to make his statement. He is simply a "rebel". He wants to do that which is forbidden. That's his turn on. Just like the underage straight couple, or adult straight couples that face various culturally imposed social restrictions, there is the "added excitement" to the sexual encounter when it occurs under some socially forbidden context. That is the real key to the gay phenomena. Homosexuality is the last of the "forbidden fruit" available out there, given that almost all forms of straight couple sex is acceptable practice today, and is almost boring to those who crave the more riskay delight.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by DRAZIW

I don't buy that argument. It doesn't explain why a gay man would "dress" like a woman.

Every gay man I've known considered himself a man - - and would never dress as a woman.

Cross dressers are usually straight.

There is also Transgender and Transsexual: People who identify as transgender or transsexual are usually people who are born with typical male or female anatomies but feel as though they’ve been born into the “wrong body.” For example, a person who identifies as transgender or transsexual may have typical female anatomy but feel like a male and seek to become male by taking hormones or electing to have sex reassignment surgeries.

www.isna.org...

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DRAZIW

At this point I'm just wondering whether you are really ignorant or simply trolling.
Have you actually read what the others have written? They have given you all the answers already but all you can do is call gays sensation seekers....

They can't help how they are and for them having sex with the opposite gender is as disgusting as having sex with the same gender would be for us hetero-sexuals. Sure they have done it throughout time but not because they wanted it. The pressure from the outside world made them hide who they really were and they had to go along with the show to avoid getting disowned or even killed.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DRAZIW

Let us get the stones ready as there are a whole mess load of laws that would offend those who are Christian. Funny how when the mention of Shari’a comes up, the use the law to claim separation of Church and State, yet would have no qualms about forcing their version of such on the rest of us.

Let us look at all of those laws, we have all broken them at one point and time, and much is in the bible.
So you want to go back to use the laws of the bible, life was pretty tough.
Being lazy? That is an offense worthy of stoning to death.
Well now can’t let 2 different kinds of cattle graze together, that is forbidden.
Can’t have more than one crop in the same field.
Don’t wear clothing make of more than one fabric. I believe we are all guilty of that one, as all clothing today is made of different fabric.
And what about shaving? Well guys have to leg it all grow.
Can’t have any cheating, after all that is forbidden, both must die for that offense.
And women, well if you are on your menstrel cycle, the guy you slept with and you are cut off from society as you both are considered unclean.
Is a Mexican slave worth more or less than one from Canada?
And all of those psychics, wizards, and witches, well have to kill them.
People who are deformed, blind, lamed, flat noses, mentally challenged, well they can’t go to church, let alone be baptized, that is forbidden.
Tell us, where do you go to use the bathroom, as it is very specifically stated you have to go 5 miles outside of the city to do such, and what do you do to clean yourself from being unclean?
Got the stake and torches ready, after all a priest or Minster’s daughter who engages in premarital sex is to be burned alive.
And if any one in your family worships different than you, well kill them.
And for that matter, kill all who are a different religion.
And if a city has any other church or does not worship god, well it has to be destroyed as well, along with the inhabitants.
And lets not forget the dietary laws as well: No alcohol, beer or wine that is fermented. No seafood, and no pork, or pork products like hotdogs, cause those are definitely stoning offenses.

So the question you should be asking yourself, are you keeping up with all 613 laws in the bible?

The facts are we are a nation of laws, have no room to allow for religious bias to enter into the determining of the governing of the country, lest we discriminate against one group all on the groups of supposed religious morality. Some would argue that we should keep old quaint institutions in place, like marriage between a male and female, yet slavery and prostitution is also a quaint old institution as well, and yet we have neither slavery or prostitution. To just cherry pick the religious laws of some old religious texts is nothing more than an insult and hypocrisy against that religion.

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join