It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lab chimps see the light for the first time in 30 years of being locked up..Emotional !

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Even if animal testing allowed us to develop a cure for AIDs or cancer, it would not change the fact that we are using another species for our own benefit. The only reason you agree to it is because its not your species. But there is a difference between looking out more for your own kind than other animals, and actually using animals against their will for human advancement.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
If you liked that one please watch Shirley the Elephant too!

Part 1

Part 2

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

This is truly sad! I dont mind using science for mice, and other small animals, but apes, chimpanzees, something that scientiscs say that are 99% of our dna is horrible, they have human emotions and feelings, no animal with that should be locked up

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Do we really need to test products on innocent animals. How about we clear the jails out, and test on the hardened criminals that will not see the light of day for the rest of their lives

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Quite honestly the chimps looked scared as hell !! I think animals are interesting but therE are human beings on this planet that don't get the amazing treatment animals get. I'm not saying these lab chimps went through a lot of crap, but I care more about my fellow human beings than animals. Here's an idea...go in your closet this weekend and pull out old clothes...go to the supermarket and buy a couple of cans of food...and bring them to your local AMERICAN food bank or goodwill....HELP YOUR FELLOW AMERICAN THIS WEEKEND!! THE POOR OF THIS COUNTRY ARE BEING TREATED LIKE ANIMALS AND THEY ARE OUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS!! Give from your heart and let someone know that there are people that care about them and ease their pain! God Bless!!

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I have watched this video several times. In my heart I really want to see the hugs of joy and smiles that show the elation of these test subjects as they see daylight for the first time in years. Yet, all I truly see is fear. They push back from the unknown and huddle. The first being held to the front as a shield by the others. The smiles are more like snarls and bites to enforce the position of exodus.

If we wish to place them as humanistic characters, then we should label them as they really are rather than as a sentimentalist twist. Like "humans" they appear to be afraid of what they do not understand. I can imagine the ones staying inside peeking about the doors to be whispering about the conspiracy of daylight and how it will eat them. (yes that was meant to be humorous..a poor attempt to enforce the point that if we wish to humanize then we best attach all characteristics, not just heart and compassion, but fear and paranoia as well)

I am not sure where I stand on animal testing, if I may be honest. I do, however, not condone abusive treatment. I did not read if the animals were abused or mistreated. Was the experiment any different than say a person going through Chemo? There is no guarantee and it has radical effects to the body. Even in the human race there are effects that individuals suffer that on a whole a populace does not. So long as those being treated (humans and animals alike) are being done so with maximum concern to their comfort and minimum attempt to increase the cruelty of life on a whole then may I ask what the harm is?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by havok
It is truly disgusting what humans put animals through for their own benefit.
We are an embarassing species.

This video is truly remarkable and shows that all animals are meant to be free.

Not locked up in cages for their entire existance.

I guess the opposing argument is that without these animals, we wouldn't have life-saving drugs.
We should be ashamed of ourselves...but we are too vain.

Life is truly amazing, especially animal life.

... and the mindset that scientists, in general, that test these animals have...
Un-freaking-real.

Thank you for that.

In my opinion those of us with most drugs readily available live to unnaturally old ages whereas the people who need them most are still dying incredibly young because they don’t have the money or access. It certainly is a shame what other animals are put through, I would rather die younger then have these drugs keeping me alive in some nursing home which is why I don't even touch pain killers etc.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I'm ashamed to be human when I see these things

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
For God sake... Ok, I disagree with holding any creature in captivity for an inhumane amount of time. But, at this point (realistically) all you can do is try to prevent this from happening again.

More importantly, I want to know what they discovered. This could be bigger than you think!

Does anyone have more info?

Thanks!!

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldDisorder
For God sake... Ok, I disagree with holding any creature in captivity for an inhumane amount of time. But, at this point (realistically) all you can do is try to prevent this from happening again.

More importantly, I want to know what they discovered. This could be bigger than you think!

Thanks!!

Ok this line of reasoning has taken us to the point where some people will do things, no matter how vile, in the hopes that someone will appreciate it as "research" and they will actually make even more money for doing these vile evil things. Can we just stop worrying about all the "important research" gained from Evil means? Enough is enough already.
edit on 8-9-2011 by thejlxc because: spelling heh

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Its easy to preach moral standing, but the fact remains potentially any amount of break through no matter how big or small using this method will mean that millions world wide such as the children who are dieing of aids in Africa and what ever country you the reader of this post is from and many other places will be helped in the long run but with out sounding like bob geldof
i should stop the preaching of the worlds blight. I hope you are not under the assumption that theses diseases are not an epidemic and they could not effect you or your child.you should ask your self a question would i not want to save my loved ones if i could ie child, father, mother etc or ask someone who has lost because of such diseases.If there were another way i would back it if we could get the same results as i have said in my other post on this topic. as for the pharmaceutical corporation making money on such research i despise any company which makes money on misery but that should be a different thread. But hay thats just the view of a farther. you young ones who have no children probably would not understand.you can not sit there and take a mundane view such as i will not hurt other life or hurt the planet when your sat drinking a frappuccino eating mc Donalds while surfing the net in your every day life you are consuming and harming the plants eco system and its all for pleasure at least the resarch is for a bigger picture so in a way you are worse.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by thejlxc

Originally posted by NewWorldDisorder

Thanks!!

Ok this line of reasoning has taken us to the point where some people will do things, no matter how vile, in the hopes that someone will appreciate it as "research" and they will actually make even more money for doing these vile evil things. Can we just stop worrying about all the "important research" gained from Evil means?
Enough is enough already.
edit on 8-9-2011 by thejlxc because: spelling heh

I agree with you and I feel like that psycho Rahm Emanuel with his never let a crisis go to waste rubbish. But, I suppose I'm trying to find some sort of benefit to what happened, and you know there are hard drives and file cabinets PACKED with data that would probably floor half of ATS. I want to know what they found out.

I think they all deserve to be castrated....but wrong as it sounds, I'm curious.
No offense intended.

Additionally, I'm not sure who posted it first, but I love the testing on murderers and child molesters idea. That's a fund I'd drop a $20 in.

edit on 8-9-2011 by NewWorldDisorder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

Our problems are our problems. Not theirs. To think that we can keep innocent animals locked up for our benefit is cruel. We aren't better than them, we all have equal domain on this planet. Humans are not God.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by scapers2u

That's the reason they are targeted for research, because they are so much like us.
You can't test on one type of animal and not the other. How are we to say one species life is more valuable than another. It's that kind of arrogance that started animal testing in the first place.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
this type of scientific tyranny reminds concentration camps.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

OP, you've made me cry like a little girl. Shame on us, puny, selfish humans. I could easily live without apes being lab animals, but like Gecko said 'greed is good' and that's what drives pharma corps. Horrible.

Thank you for these emotions, I've forwarded the movie to all my friends. Maybe this way we can spark some reflection among others.

Cheers.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Ok, since nothing else is working let my try this approach....

If (God forbid) your mother, father, child, or sibling were dying from a rare form of cancer, and a group of mad scientists spent 30 years locking up monkeys to study and find a cure for this cancer, would you accept their advice?

No, this ISN'T fair. But it happened, and now we can learn from it.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

This was the worst part of the whole thing:

Scientists kept the animals in isolation and gave them HIV and hepatitis. Their ordeal finally ended in 1997 when the pharmaceutical company behind the research was sold.

Talk about research and science being used to justify cruelty. Total BS.
edit on 8-9-2011 by nusnus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I can't even read this. I skipped right to the last page of this thread.

My heart literally aches when I hear/read anything remotely resembling cruelty to animals. How dare us? How dare any human take any wild animal under any condition?

Want to experiment? Let's experiment on known (and proven without a doubt) killers on death row. Use them as guinea pigs. Shoot them into outer space. Try out a new poisonous pharmaceutical on them! Feed them Monsanto laced produces.

Leave the innocent animals ALONE!!!!!
Am I the only one who roots for the animal when 'animals attack?' Especially in bullfighting or lion taming or alligator wrestling. I want the HUMAN to feel the pain.

(Sorry. Hope my karma doesn't get tainted now)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by nusnus

Ok, nothing could stop me

Made my version of a movie with nice track, the german speech made me cringe and I didn't like the others

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join