It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BAE Systems Test Prototype Stealth Tank.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
The British multinational defence, security and aeorspace company, headquartered in London, have successfully tested a tank which is covered in 1000 hexagonal thermal panels allowing the tank to change its infra-red signature. This allows it to appear, through night, or thermal vision, as a family car;

Or even nearly disappear;

These thermal panels can also be used for signalling;

This is just the basics!

Full story here

news.sky.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Hippycracker

Well, I suppose since it can signal, I suppose you could never really lose it.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
This is extremely cool. But I am curious what it's doing in the Ancient Civilizations forum...

edit on 5-9-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
This is extremely cool. But I am curious what it's doing in the Ancient Civilizations forum...

edit on 5-9-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

Maybe they just found this prehistoric tank, and they are just now letting us here @ the fine public know!

Good call, I didn't see which forum it was in lol
edit on 9/5/2011 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
There was an ATS post a few years back by someone who claimed they had been on the moors in the south of england when an engine noise zoomed past him and freaked him out as he saw nothing-he claimed that it sounded like a tank as well.

Maybe they were testing this tech?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I wonder if this is the same tech that Nibiru is using to make itself look like a regular comet!

Cool tech, even if it is for war-mongering purposes.

st.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
It would be cool if this could be scaled down into a suit-maybe using some of that flexible OLED tech.
You could get a REAL Predator suit.

Imagine the youtube pranks...

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
There was an ATS post a few years back by someone who claimed they had been on the moors in the south of england when an engine noise zoomed past him and freaked him out as he saw nothing-he claimed that it sounded like a tank as well.

Maybe they were testing this tech?

BAE do have their fingers in a lot of pies... they make our tanks and IFVs they make American IFVs and Swedish tanks plus a whole host of other IFVs and stuff... so would not be surprised at what they cover with these things.. ships, tanks, planes.. BAE seem to make the lot...

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Hippycracker

A technology from the anime/manga, Ghost In The Shell. Pretty slick.

I can't wait for a full-body thermoptic camo suite. Imagine all the sniper farts I can perform without detection. Muhahaha!

As for the battlefield, this will change how ground combat is fought. It'll almost be like how subs combat each other. Its whoever gets detected first usually loses.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Whats a family car doing in the woods???

Dunno, doesnt sound like a family car

No, your right....it doesnt

Shine a torch on it!

Oh, its a tank!!!

#

top topics

join