It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please Debunk The Moon Landing Hoax For Me...

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

What makes you think it's easy to land men on the Moon?
What makes you think it's easy to put anything on the Moon?

I didn't say it was easy and I didn't say anything about landing Men on the Moon. I said "relatively easy" as compared to getting to other heavenly neighbors.. it's the closest, that's the point. Because of that there should be no end to the interest in studying the Moon as closely as possible as often as possible by every nation. Our news should be flooded daily with reports of scientists all over the world doing this or that study on the Moon and we don't hear it. We only have a small amount of censored information from the likes of our government.

We could deploy such craft as they used on Mars with balloons to protect the "landing" and let it bounce to a rest and deploy robots. We could then use those robots to fly unmanned craft over the lunar surface and let it take pictures and thermal scans. We could do a much better job of imaging from lunar orbit. I cannot believe the interest is not there world wide to do these things, we also have the money and technology.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Sure we could. If there were the political will and money do to so. Unfortunately there isn't (wars 'n stuff are "worth" more). There is certainly no reason to "prove" that the Apollo landings occurred.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by czerro
You are saying, that you have an expectation that astronauts could take a golf-club to the side of their moon-lander and it would shatter into a million pieces...cause it's space and cold and stuff. Ridiculous.

I'd love to see that happen - choked the shot and goes apesh't on the Lunar lander

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
12 pages and a whole lot of he said she said....you know these astronaugts really could have saved alot of heresay by just justing swearing on the bible,which i beleive not one of them has done still to this day....hmmmm sus..for you guys who swear blindly we landed on the moon you must be right because wikipedia says so and u have some grainy photos...yes very convincing.....maybe if they didnt lie and fake the first landing people would find it easier to beleive..

peace

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by fatdad
why dont they send a mars rover to the moon to roam about and look at the apollo landing sites?..can be that hard...

Outstanding idea!

link   
The USA sent men/machines to space. That is not enough for you? Ok, how about those robots they send to Mars? With a cam and everything. Now, use an old technology and send man to a closer place like the 60’s and the moon.

Even if we proved it wrong, I am sure they would not even care if you have the best proof in town.

I am sorry but, this just seems wrong. I used to believe in this but, it was just easily debunked and I was proven wrong.

EDIT: Changed " We " to " The USA ". I am not from the US and would hate my post to be over looked because I said I am from the US and proud of it........you know the rest of the story.
edit on 5-9-2011 by goh13 because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by theXammux
okay, this might not have the flash or pizazz you're looking for, and I'm quite certain anyone who wants to will arbitrarily decide to ignore this, but what about the lunar laser ranging experiment? mulitple places now have fired off big lasers at the little mirrors we left there, to precisely measure its distance. If what you are actually looking for is rational credible evidence from multiple sources, this is probably your easiest and most verifiable bet, especially given that we still use them to measure to this day.

Not saying I fall on one side of this or the other but this particular reasoning always bothers me. The Russians have reflectors on the moon too. They put them there without ever going there to do it in person. Just saying.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Apollo 11 site, from LRO...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5437a211a35e.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by 000063

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Yes humans are explorers. However there is only so little one can explore in a barren empty piece of rock and dust. You can send in your own spy sattellite if you care. Meanwhile the people who actually work in the area will keep using equipment they deem necessary for their mission. No point in having 0.0001m / pixel images of dust. Whatever conspiracy theorist believe or don't is irrelevant.
Keep on waiting

Why are you so sure ... How can you be so sure.. dust is all there is to find on the Moon?

I find it's an excellent question. We photograph Everything here on earth, we study everything - we study the sands of the Sahara, the glaciers of the north and south poles.. we dig deep beneath them with imaging cameras -

What is there to find but sand or ice? We have learned tons and are still learning about these areas things we did not know.

Seems to me Humans would be doing the same thing on the Moon the closest neighbor we know we can reach relatively easily. The fact that no one seems to have done this over the years is very suspicious.
"We" did. There was a big, expensive, highly publicized space program to do exactly that. Even sent men up there.

This tells me it is possible this work is being done and they found something they deem is in our best interests not to know about.
You've got nothing but supposition.

Your seriously telling me that because you saw what they could or could not do with 1960's and 70's technology that there is no reason to go back there and study the moon with 2011 technology?

Darn right it's supposition on my part, makes sense to me. We didn't have the type of powerful imaging equipment back then as we do today. Why not continue to study it as the technology has improved? We could find things the outdated technology of the 60's and 70's missed.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Sure we could. If there were the political will and money do to so. Unfortunately there isn't (wars 'n stuff are "worth" more). There is certainly no reason to "prove" that the Apollo landings occurred.

I think the money is there alright.. don't you know the U.S Government can just print all they want? Aside from the U.S there are countries, even companies who can easily scrape together billions of dollars for such tasks.. they do it all the time for other things on the agenda. I do think political will plays a part in it but only in as much to give excuses to the masses on why these things cannot be done. Government black ops certainly has the money for it. My take is not really to prove or disprove the Apollo landings took place rather to study the Moon in more depth than has been reported.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
history.nasa.gov...

TING....TING....TING.....(oh crap I'm making sound)......"change hands sir".......(hope nobody realizes I'm hitting this stake with the side of a hammer to quit making sound)

Turn up your speakers......how's he creating SOUND on the moon hammering a stake?

2 answers:

--Moon has an atmosphere
--It was filmed where there WAS an atmosphere

Which is it?

Excellent observation

Can anyone here explain the science of vacuum acoustics?

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Originally posted by superman2012
reply to post by CaDreamer

My grandparents also watched it, doesn't mean it is proof. While we respect our grandparents, unless they were there, they are not reputable sources. Sorry sport.

My uncle was on the deck of the ship that picked the capsule after it splashed down. When I talked to him about it he had no doubt we went to the moon.

I am not sure I understand how picking a capsule up out of the water would prove anything about where it had been to your uncle. That seems like rather odd reasoning. Did your uncle watch it leave the moon and fly all the way to where he picked it up or was he just convinced it went to the moon because he found it in the ocean?

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Junkheap
With the sheer amount of people involved and with the Russians watching, the idea that the Moon landings were hoaxed is just preposterous.

You mean to tell me, that in 42 years not one whistleblower has surfaced? Not one?

There is a reason why governments assassins exist.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
so grassy, there are pics and vids showing the landing sites all through the thread

have you examined them ?

what are your conclusions ?

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Isn't it odd , they seem to be ignoring our posts? I guess a picture is worth a thousand posts.
You know they aren't serious. They just want to NOT believe in something.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Why is it so hard to believe they landed on the moon in an aluminum foil craft?Is it difficult to believe they restarted the craft with a pen out of their pocket because the control switch broke.Is it difficult to believe they landed on the moon with no computer at all?Yes, its pretty difficult to believe.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by Seektruthalways1

Yea I totally agree, the moon landing was a hoax. I watched lots of videos about how they did it with the help of MGM and a bunch of high paid people to take the Kennedy situation off the radar. It was a hook line and sinker, and the public fell for it once again.

Yes, some people believe anything they see on a video.

Were you on the moon missions? What is it you are choosing to believe? It makes little sense to mock someone for believing what they have been told when your argument is only that you believe what you have been told.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by GrassyKnoll

There is a reason why governments assassins exist.

Then why were the "Pentagon Papers" published? Did all the government assassins take their vacation days at the same time?

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Hearing pounding of a stake on the moon: Hammer hit stake, stake and hammer vibrate, vibrations conduct into person with a microphone. Microphone picks up vibrations. That part, at least, isn't rocket science.

I think Buzz Aldrin debunked any possibility of a hoax when he clocked the idiot with a camera. That was the reaction of man who knows the truth getting fed up with a guy calling him a liar. If Aldrin was lying about walking on the moon, he wouldn't have decked the guy with self-righteousness.

I would also expect them to cover up Grissam's rocket exploding if it was fake.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Kitilani

Were you on the moon missions? What is it you are choosing to believe? It makes little sense to mock someone for believing what they have been told when your argument is only that you believe what you have been told.

Pay attention, please. I accept NASAs account because all the data and information is consistent both with historical records and the known facts of science and engineering. The only way they could have "faked" all that is if they actually went to the trouble of designing, building, launching, landing and recovering a spacecraft capable of landing men on the Moon but crewing it with super-realistic android robots indistinguishable in function from human beings. Actually sending human beings would be easier.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join