It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How does one get "saved" according to christianity?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by XplanetX

There you go.
A very good example of antichrist in action.
Logic, if Jesus did not sin=Jesus was not one of us.
Doesn't matter that I quoted a verse just now saying he was exactly one of us.

HEB 4:14 Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has gone through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are--yet was without sin. Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

He suffered and was tempted in every way that we are so that he can sympathize with us.

He was without sin, unlike the rest of us:

RO 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.

You will understand this mystery in time.
edit on 3-9-2011 by XplanetX because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Because according to christians, god has a set time period. A dispensation. After that, those who didn't receive Christ are judged differently.

Well, then the christians are ignoring the part where it says "all the nations were gathered".

What you are saying might be valid if there exists a part in the bible which shows that there was another judgement where people were judged on whether or not they accepted Jesus sacrifice. There isn't.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   

So how do you account for this, Jesus not sinning?
Was it because he was different somehow, meaning before his life was summed up and he was reckoned to have been sinless? Such as being God, that made him not sin?

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Onthe book of the lamb

On the basis of their relationship with God through Christ. Reread Romans 10:9-10 on the previous page.

ETA: Also see Romans 8:29-30 and Ephesians 1:5

Yes, but were those names written because they accepted Jesus blood sacrifice, or was it for some other reason?
The verses of Romans and Ephesians that you quoted, dont suggest so.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Why do they worship him?

and more to the point, why does Jesus not stop them?

Why do you people always use that exact lame assumption...

Its called free will, something Jesus obviously understood... and something which he would not interfear with

People have worshiped hundreds of different things all through out time, does this mean everything that is worshiped and not rebuked is God?

Use some logic man, Jesus did not say he was God. Others did, but he did not...ever!

So will you listen to others who did not understand him, or will you listen to him who you worship as God.

If your God did not say he was God... He wasn't God regardless of what others said.

He did not lie, and he did not make that claim.

And btw, he did correct one group of Jews that wanted to stone him for "making himself God"...

How do you maintain your faith when you base it around an obvious incorrect assumption?

edit on 3-9-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Was it because he was different somehow, meaning before his life was summed up and he was reckoned to have been sinless? Such as being God, that made him not sin?

I am very glad that you ask this question and I will not answer it as I believe that you already know the answer but are unwilling to accept it.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Why do they worship him?

and more to the point, why does Jesus not stop them?

Why do you people always use that exact lame assumption...

Its called free will, something Jesus obviously understood... and something which he would not interfear with

People have worshiped hundreds of different things all through out time, does this mean everything that is worshiped and not rebuked is God?

Use some logic man, Jesus did not say he was God. Others did, but he did not...ever!

So will you listen to others who did not understand him, or will you listen to him who you worship as God.

If your God did not say he was God... He wasn't God regardless of what others said.

He did not lie, and he did not make that claim.

And btw, he did correct one group of Jews that wanted to stone him for "making himself God"...

How do you maintain your faith when you base it around an obvious incorrect assumption?

MT 16:23 Jesus turned and said to Peter, "Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the things of God, but the things of men."

Jesus does interfere when necessary.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   

You have made a good distinction between the sheep and the goats, those who love their neighbour and those who do not. However, trying to play down the need for Jesus sacrifice is a fail if you look at everything that Jesus teaches.

If you are saying that accepting Jesus sacrifice is the only way to be saved...Matthew 25:31-46 is saying a different thing.
Those verses clearly show that Jesus is rewarding/ punishing the sheep/ goats on the basis of their deeds towards their fellow humans... NOT because they accepted/ rejected the sacrifice.

edit on 3-9-2011 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

My theory is that it is like the story of the Emperor's new clothes.
You have these people who present this complex rationalization of a philosophy, wrapped up in biblical sounding terms and say, "only very smart people and especially blessed by God can understand this", so the audience pretends to understand it and even defend it, not wanting to seem stupid or damned.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

You have made a good distinction between the sheep and the goats, those who love their neighbour and those who do not. However, trying to play down the need for Jesus sacrifice is a fail if you look at everything that Jesus teaches.

If you are saying that accepting Jesus sacrifice is the only way to be saved...Matthew 25:31-46 is saying a different thing.
Those verses clearly show that Jesus is rewarding/ punishing the sheep/ goats on the basis if their deeds towards their fellow humans... NOT because they accepted/ rejected the sacrifice.

You misunderstand me.

I believe ALL that Jesus teaches, including the passage that you have quoted from the end of the gospel according to Matthew.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Instead of cherry picking why don't you read the whole chapter...

Peter tried to correct him... a man that does not lie... sent from God.

Meaning he was always correct... this doesn't interfear with free will...

Its a pointless arguement, and though i've been over it a hundred times with many people just like you, im sure you will insist he was God...

So do as you will, but you are incorrect

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by XplanetX

Those verses clearly show that Jesus is rewarding/ punishing the sheep/ goats on the basis if their deeds towards their fellow humans... NOT because they accepted/ rejected the sacrifice.

You misunderstand me.

I believe ALL that Jesus teaches, including the passage that you have quoted from the end of the gospel according to Matthew.

More lies

You openly judge others just like many of your associates

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

You misunderstand me.

More lies

You openly judge others just like many of your associates

It is the scriptures that judge, not I.

HEB 4:12 For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account.

I am a humble wretched servant.
edit on 3-9-2011 by XplanetX because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Instead of cherry picking why don't you read the whole chapter...

Peter tried to correct him... a man that does not lie... sent from God.

Meaning he was always correct... this doesn't interfear with free will...

Its a pointless arguement, and though i've been over it a hundred times with many people just like you, im sure you will insist he was God...

So do as you will, but you are incorrect

Not as I will, lest I be rebuked just as Peter was.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   

I am very glad that you ask this question and I will not answer it as I believe that you already know the answer but are unwilling to accept it.
I know but you don't.
I already know you don't because we already went through all this on another thread.
Jesus emptied himself.
Jesus fully relinquished his being god.
Jesus found himself being a man and accepted the proper attitude befitting a man.
God filled Jesus with the Spirit so that the full knowledge of God was in him, and these things are available to the believer who dedicates himself to service for the Lord.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

You know of course, taking Matthew 25 for your source doctrine is your first problem right? How can you be saved in this passage....if Jesus had not even died yet? Much less rose form the dead....

Of course Jesus was not "dead" yet.
Jesus was talking of a future event... clearly outlining the basis on which people would be judged.

My point is, if accepting Jesus sacrifice was the only way to be saved, Jesus would have rewarded the sheep and punished the goats for accepting/rejecting the sacrifce. But Jesus rewards/punishes them by their deeds.

, this is not the only passage that describes the "judgeent day", there are tons more, and this is not even the judgement you are thinking about... the sheep and the goats are not even people, they are nations...my oh my....when people dive into something over there head....

You say there are tons of other judgement day related passages.
Great, now please post some of them here... especially the ones where people are rewarded or punished for accepting or rejecting Jesus sacrifice.

"the sheep and the goats are not even people, they are nations"
Wow... so are you saying Matthew 25 is teaching that no people actually got rewarded or sent to the everlasting fire? Ridiculous.

Please, stay out of Matthew, Acts, Hebrews, and James if you don't understand them.

Please refrain from acting like only you have the correct interpretation of the bible.

So far you have not addressed the point of the OP.
Speaking of James, ever read what James wrote about the "only religon acceptable to God"?
Hint : It has nothing to do with accepting Jesus sacrifice... or any other christian doctrine.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   

I know but you don't.
I already know you don't because we already went through all this on another thread.
Jesus emptied himself.
Jesus fully relinquished his being god.
Jesus found himself being a man and accepted the proper attitude befitting a man.
God filled Jesus with the Spirit so that the full knowledge of God was in him, and these things are available to the believer who dedicates himself to service for the Lord.

You are getting close to the mark.

You are within a whisker of accepting Jesus as your Lord and Saviour.

edit on 3-9-2011 by XplanetX because: grammar

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   

You are within a whisker of making Jesus your Lord and Saviour.
I don't have the cult member mentality where I seek the praise of others so what you say just makes me feel cold, knowing you serve your master Lucifer.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   

You are within a whisker of making Jesus your Lord and Saviour.
I don't have the cult member mentality where I seek the praise of others so what you say just makes me feel cold, knowing you serve your master Lucifer.

Jesus and his followers were also accused of serving the devil (beelzebub). I should not be surprised as a follower of Jesus that I am also confronted with the same accusations.

I don't give any praise to men, I do encourage them from time to time. My Praise is reserved for one far greater than you.

Jesus is Lord.

Amen.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
fundamentalist christianity is a culture. a culture with its own belief system. a culture with its own right and wrong.

"We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."
— Anaïs Nin

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join