It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time for cyber war on Wikileaks?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Time for cyber war on Wikileaks?

www.foxnews.com

A massive release from WikiLeaks of the entire unredacted database of U.S. diplomatic cables has brought renewed vigor to those calling for the government to take decisive cyber-action against what some have described as a terrorist organization.
“The latest release of stolen American secrets by the organization WikiLeaks once again proves that they are a terrorist operation that puts the lives of Americans and our allies at risk,” U.S. Rep Candice Miller (R-Mich.) said in a statement in response to the latest leak.
RELATED STORIES
WikiLeaks: Breach Has Exposed Unredacted U.S. Cables
W
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
What, a cyber war for what? Releasing information that should already be public knowledge?

I understand keeping national secrets but these days there are just too many secrets, time to get back to basics in my opinion.

I don't have that much faith is Wikileaks but if the MSM has picked up on this already and running a smear campaign, got to be something good in there.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious

What, a cyber war for what? Releasing information that should already be public knowledge?

I understand keeping national secrets but these days there are just too many secrets, time to get back to basics in my opinion.

Sounds nice on paper but in the real world you get stuff like this:

A retired Chinese general recently revealed that his country might be planning a surprise missile attack on the United States. The public comment of Xu Guangyu came in response to WikiLeaks revelations that last year Washington had warned its allies beforehand of China’s test of a missile interceptor.

Source: article quotesd in ATS thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Unfortunately we are forced to play poker, not Go Fish, in this world. And poker demands secrecy and deception.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
all WL files are actualy stored on our different servers
dont worry, they're safe

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Imagine that! FoxNews calls Wikileaks a terrorist organization....are they afraid their overall NeoCon agenda may be exposed?

Believe me, I am digging into the cables as we speak!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

we are forced to play poker, not Go Fish, in this world. And poker demands secrecy and deception.

When truth is illegal, when our planet is being destroyed, and people are routinely squashed like ants, then

- it's time to change the game.

S&F&
Helious

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
lol

Fools.

"terrorist organization" my ass.

Newsflash FOX news, Those you take your orders from are the worlds largest, and most dangerous terrorist organization on the planet. Effin dummies.

Also..
When the hell are people going to learn?

Everything that has been tried/ done/ attempted against wikileaks..
has been a failure.
They just come back stronger every time.

And this is how it will be.

They are too good. That's that.
Accept it and quit your bitching.
babies.

If there are any sheep from FOX news who troll around these parts..
Do us all a favor, and tell your handlers to F off.
Their time is almost up.
Pathetic.
edit on 1-9-2011 by Ahmose because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
Imagine that! FoxNews calls Wikileaks a terrorist organization....are they afraid their overall NeoCon agenda may be exposed?

Believe me, I am digging into the cables as we speak!

Lol, exactly, pot calling the kettle black imo. I really hope something comes of these documents but I still can't believe the nerve of an outlet like Fox talking about cyber attacks openly on whistle blowers.... WHEN did this become ok with the American people exactly?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Is it safe to call FoxNews a terrorist organization since it called for malicious action against another entity?

Yes, I think so!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

Everything that has been tried/ done/ attempted against wikileaks..

I personally believe it was an organized failure.

I believe it is all smoke and mirrors.

You are falling for somebody else's agenda. For something, other than what you think.........

But what do I know. I do not follow the herd

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I think we are seeing reading a huge step in internet censorship here my friends. If you get past the fact that Fox is calling them terrorists the article also states that a war against wiki would be too costly and specious ultimately since it has spawned too many similar sites. I may be reaching here, but to me this implies that stronger and more effective methods are meant to take down this terror blah, blah, ......................... Interesting yes , hypocritical even more so, but in the more than either of these its in its entirety just a scary article.

I think we should be worried a little more about whats being implied and suggested rather than being shocked and mad at the rhetoric and ignorance of them calling Wiki a name.

Read between the lines my friends.

Trowa
edit on 1/9/11 by TrowaBarton because: To add content

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by Helious

Is it safe to call FoxNews a terrorist organization since it called for malicious action against another entity?

Yes, I think so!

I think it would be fair to call them that, while I was at it, I would also add CNN to the list. They are more guilty of terrorist activities than any of us could ever be.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Not to detract from the OP, but I do hope that the Wiki-pages reveal why all the diplomats from across the globe were called home to have a meeting in Washington this year by Hillary.

Sometimes I would love to be that bug on the wall, but then I realize that ignorance is bliss when it comes to the likes of the wickedly damned that are running the World!

I won't be one of the downloaders of this info but I do look forward to all the tidbits that come from it! This is the stuff, let's hope it has the impact it deserves especially now since Hillary and Cameron are picking through the Libyan fiasco!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Wikileaks is part of the derogation of classical state and an active introduction into globalist corporate rule.
State structures are more and more just a farce. The real thing is a network of fascist cells controlled by Satan Incorporated (like in BP oil leak last year, for instance) whose soldiers were issuing orders to NCG, or like in case of BART drone murder of a handcuffed man...

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Faux not fox

top topics

join