It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Class Action Suit Against Federal Government

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Something else to take into account is that in order for the Federal Government to fight the suit, they need their lawyers...some of the highest paid in the country.....because they are paid by us. In effect, you will be suing the government for money while also paying for their lawyers to fight not having to pay you. Now, you have the cost of the Class Action members' lawyers and the White House lawyers. If you win, theoretically the legal fees will have to be paid by the White House....which means we still pay for it. My guess is, at the end of the day, you will find the SS fund empty and a new bill arriving to the doorsteps of Americans to pay for finding that out.

The best method to win: stop paying the government now. However, this is only effective if a large majority participate. It would be silly to spend even more money trying to get money back IMO.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

Originally posted by CaDreamer
do like i do, i plan to retire in another country that isn't as screwed up.
This is my country. My home. I would prefer to fix it if possible. Leaving would be a last resort. If the US dies, where do you go? Seriously. I have been to many countries, and none match the US. Even now, in our fallen state, we are still a better place to live that most of the world.

I can only assume you haven't been to Australia.

Seriously.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American
I have some bad news for you: there's already a precedent to not have to pay us.

With Flemming v. Nestor, SS was found to be a simple tax. The fact that SS was "sold" to the American public as a savings fund or an insurance (thus the "contribution" and "benefit" nomenclature) does not set a legal precedent for whether or not we are guaranteed payments from the system.

Even the wording on SSA.gov indicates this:

There has been a temptation throughout the program's history for some people to suppose that their FICA payroll taxes entitle them to a benefit in a legal, contractual sense. That is to say, if a person makes FICA contributions over a number of years, Congress cannot, according to this reasoning, change the rules in such a way that deprives a contributor of a promised future benefit. Under this reasoning, benefits under Social Security could probably only be increased, never decreased, if the Act could be amended at all. Congress clearly had no such limitation in mind when crafting the law. Section 1104 of the 1935 Act, entitled "RESERVATION OF POWER," specifically said: "The right to alter, amend, or repeal any provision of this Act is hereby reserved to the Congress." Even so, some have thought that this reservation was in some way unconstitutional. This is the issue finally settled by Flemming v. Nestor.

While I agree with your sentiment, as I believe the whole thing should be scrapped, your class action suit would fail before it started unfortunately.

/TOA

The Truth about social security is posted above. It is a tax.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

Originally posted by CaDreamer
do like i do, i plan to retire in another country that isn't as screwed up.
This is my country. My home. I would prefer to fix it if possible. Leaving would be a last resort. If the US dies, where do you go? Seriously. I have been to many countries, and none match the US. Even now, in our fallen state, we are still a better place to live that most of the world.

I can only assume you haven't been to Australia.

Seriously.

While your point is valid...lets look at why Australia does not now have as it's national language...Japanese. People can deride and complain about U.S. policy all they want but when it comes right down to it....without the participation of the U.S. in WWII as well as winning the Cold War and as for looking at current events....it's buffer as a counter to China...which is rising in power as it becomes more Westernized in it's economy....the world would be a much more different place.

The problem is that most young people today who live in our allies countries....have been born into a life of relative ease and prosperity. They are too young to have connections to WWII and don't have a true understanding that there are countries out there who would have no problem whatsoever...taking away those rights and imposing their own ideology upon them.

Thus they consider U.S. Militarism as Imperialistic....rather than the protective force it is. Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Verumnocet

I say the federal tax should be 23% because that is what fair tax law states.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ntzeret
reply to post by Verumnocet

=)

This form at was used for credit cards and A one person... In the same way shrewd lawyers will screw someone of of something if a ' is in the wrong place

www.scribd.com...

this is the link to the references to the ALL CAPITAL LEGAL FICTION is , and I will try to dig out the vid i found that gave the information in that letter... it needs to be tweaked

Basically it all has to do with Admiralty jurisdiction.. maritime laws set forth during the East India Trading Co times.. You were born form your mothers waters.. traveled down a canal, birthed.. docketed ( by the doctor) some of you were christened..( like a boat lmao =( ) check out your birth certificate and ask yourself why your mother is listed as informant.. your a commodity owned by England... What we need to be is sovereign and declare ourselves States within the STATES again and be recognized as Flesh and Blood individuals... Flesh and Blood individuals have rights.. entities such as ALL CAPITAL LETTER LEGAL FICTIONS ... do not....So .. that is what the Agent for the All Capital legal fiction means... in the space someone would actually sign their real flesh and blood name in the correct proper noun spelling signed in cursive... and not enjoin themselves to it.. its the difference between being the ALL CAPITAL LETTER LEGAL FICTION and owning it.. therefore creating a "magic" barrier you should sign the back of your credit cards that way as the "Authorized agent for the all capital letter legal fiction JON DOE TM" and trade mark it... that way you don't enjoin yourself to it and its your buffer..

so.... who wants to clobber the banks....

as if this information helps the OP in anyway... I'm sure it could be changed and tweaked in a way to overcome the grammar issues present with still applying to a singular person within the context of a group of people... hell.. have them make you swear on a bible.. then ask why in Deuteronomy Chapter 15 it says that every seven years to CANCEL ALL DEBTS. so why are we still owed this debt when the book the courts make me swear upon specifically states the We are not to hold debts past 7 years.. these debts are way older than 7 years... you need to be a smartass with these people when you buts on the line.. ( 30 year Mortgage)
It even goes to say to not be a mean tightwad on the 6th year with holding money to be given out to avoid losing your money because the next year the debt will be canceled.. treat everyone as your brothers and your sisters... would you kick your mother out of her home... if you saw your sister on the street having sex for money.. would you take her back in... (and hunt down her pimp) WAR We Are Right.... in all the thousands of years on this planet.. all the souls that came and went .. thought they were right.. they thought they were nice.. Everyone thinks that they are the good guys... even as the enemy prepares his thoughts for his fight.. he prays to the same god you do.. at least in his mind,he has been taught errors.. in the same way you have You all got it wrong... but there is still time and a chance for change..... It has been said to love your enemies... the enemy is not who you think it is.. but the bankers making money off of you killing each other... Nikolaitans Nike greek for Victory, War.. that kind of idea.. Laity .. common people Nikolaitians is a Greek compound word for War Monger.. the bankers.. and THEY are on gods # list...
=)

Verum Nocet

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ntzeret

You have a very infant way of looking at things. United states code supercedes all state codes of criminial conduct. There are loopholes within loop holes within loopholes. You just have to legally put things on the record a certain way to be legal. Motions need to be filed signed by friends sent to the d.a. copy for your self and personal record because almost every court has a way to legally hold certain information from you. Its just a matter of how much time are you willing to fully commit to doing something. Improper motion for Discovery, Motion for discovery, dismissall based on corpus delcti, (always helps to add in a story and tie it to yours), if your state is lucky motion to demurrer, they really hate the word sanctions. Most states abolished demurrer motions because to many people found out about it and people were getting off of everything. if they keep refusing every motion then motion for santions. Motion for disqualification of the judge on grounds of conspiracy to deprive you of your civil and constitutional rights. Motion for dismissal. Motions and case law is what guarentee yoru freedom from the government. Damn I love studying law. I am tired now. m.r.e time. yum-yum.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join