It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USGS at it again with hiding information. Quake dissapears completely

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
This is what was posted awhile ago

Magnitude 3.3 - UTAH
2011 September 01 05:32:19 UTC

Details
Maps

Earthquake Details

Magnitude 3.3
Date-Time

Thursday, September 01, 2011 at 05:32:19 UTC
Wednesday, August 31, 2011 at 11:32:19 PM at epicenter

Location 39.747°N, 111.069°W
Depth 19 km (11.8 miles)
Region UTAH
Distances

8 km (5 miles) ENE (74°) from Scofield, UT
19 km (12 miles) WNW (290°) from Helper, UT
28 km (17 miles) NW (306°) from Price, UT
75 km (46 miles) SE (137°) from Provo, UT
132 km (82 miles) SSE (148°) from Salt Lake City, UT

Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 3.8 km (2.4 miles); depth +/- 6.8 km (4.2 miles)
Parameters NST= 8, Nph= 8, Dmin=61 km, Rmss=0.36 sec, Gp=180°,
M-type=duration magnitude (Md), Version=0
Source

University of Utah Seismograph Stations

Event ID uu00007917

Now we get this

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Oops! — File Not Found (404)

Who are they fooling

Its still on here tho

quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

Type: Earthquake
28 minutes ago
Magnitude: 3.3
DateTime: Thursday September 1 2011, 05:32:19 UTC
Region: Utah
Depth: 19 km

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamfox1

Well is it a earthquake to be concerned about in the first place? How often are earthquakes above 3 in UTAH?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Holy crow 19km thats pretty deep. Weird that the file isn't found but still exists elsewhere, lol. Does seem a little odd, with all the emphasis on quakes lately and all the speculation of government involvement, and now gov data sites are going down.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
This has been happening a lot more lately. I've even seen them go so far as to divide up one quake into two separate quakes as to where it wouldn't be over the 6.0 mark. What ever are we going to do with them? I say nothing but gripe and get told lies until we pass on.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Perhaps it was viewed by a seismologist and determined to not have been a quake?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
What possible motive could they have to hide a relatively small earthquake in Utah? I am not saying that the evidence doesn't point to them covering it up, but the real question is why? Like, really, of all the earthquakes to cover up, why does this one matter?

Edit: Since the motive is so unclear, I am going to lean towards the belief that something was determined by USGS that someone untrained in geology/seismology, like myself, wouldn't understand, but that led them to remove the quake from the listings. I doubt it's a coverup of any sort, although I'll gladly admit wrongness if there is some great coverup going on!
edit on 9/1/2011 by spacekc929 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Well i hope your right and it was found out to be nothing at all but this has happened before and what followed was big.

"Perhaps it was viewed by a seismologist and determined to not have been a quake?"

edit on 4/5/2011 by dreamfox1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Oh wait no it actually was a quake because there was activity earlier

Type: Earthquake
12 hours ago
Magnitude: 1.6
DateTime: Wednesday August 31 2011, 18:16:28 UTC
Region: Utah
Depth: 10 km

edit on 4/5/2011 by dreamfox1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
That;'s weird because here in SoCal I swear I've been feeling small tremors over the last couple weeks here and there but nothing ever shows up on the USGS site.

Hopefully my mind is playing tricks on me, but I leave a hanging belt on my door and every time i feel a tremor the belt does sway from side to side. I have ruled out road noise/wind/planes/helicopters/trains, but that's as far as I've gotten.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by raiders247
That;'s weird because here in SoCal I swear I've been feeling small tremors over the last couple weeks here and there but nothing ever shows up on the USGS site.

Hopefully my mind is playing tricks on me, but I leave a hanging belt on my door and every time i feel a tremor the belt does sway from side to side. I have ruled out road noise/wind/planes/helicopters/trains, but that's as far as I've gotten.

No its not your mind playing tricks on you we have been getting small ones here.

Check out the list below

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
37th Parallel N at it again?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frank Dinkle
37th Parallel N at it again?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Its close but at the

39.747°N, 111.069°W

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
And just 24 minutes ago

Magnitude 5.9
Date-Time

Thursday, September 01, 2011 at 06:14:39 UTC
Thursday, September 01, 2011 at 05:14:39 PM at epicenter

Location 12.470°S, 166.503°E
Depth 35.4 km (22.0 miles)
Region SANTA CRUZ ISLANDS
Distances 207 km (128 miles) SSE of Lata, Santa Cruz Islands, Solomon Isl.
346 km (214 miles) NNW of Luganville, Espiritu Santo, Vanuatu
614 km (381 miles) NNW of PORT-VILA, Efate, Vanuatu
2178 km (1353 miles) NE of BRISBANE, Queensland, Australia
Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 15.2 km (9.4 miles); depth +/- 4.6 km (2.9 miles)
Parameters NST=127, Nph=127, Dmin=791.5 km, Rmss=1.11 sec, Gp= 43°,
M-type=teleseismic moment magnitude (Mw), Version=9
Source

Magnitude: USGS NEIC (WDCS-D)

Event ID usc0005mqt

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Will September be more active?
edit on 4/5/2011 by dreamfox1 because: ???

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Thats why for all my earthquake needs, I go to

Its on here in all its 3.3 glory

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
the 3.3 quake report was deleted by the USGS, I had a notification of it being deleted in my inbox. The fact that others still mention it on their website is interesting.

I also spotted this piece of text in their disclaimer:
'The events which have been located by the USGS and contributing agencies should not be considered to be a complete list of ALL events M2.5+ in the US and adjacent areas and especially should not be considered to be complete lists of ALL events M4.0+ in the World. '

That'd give some explanation why don't report every quake in SoCal. A bit ridiculous if they also issue reports of 0.9 quakes but ignore +2.5 ones. Just my humble opinion of course

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Thank you for this thread. Regarding that USGS, I watch it daily and pop in at least 4 times a day. What I noticed is that one day their earthquake count for the US in the last seven days will go from 900+ to boom 700+ then 24hours later back to 900+. Is this common? Sometimes I think it may not be as accurate as I would expect them to be.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Perhaps it was viewed by a seismologist and determined to not have been a quake?

Friend:

USGS had to have a seismologist review it, otherwise it would have never been listed prior. That is part of the "new" SOP's.

So, a reviewed event is removed. Lately, this is happening more often along with missing PHASE data.

Regards and Nameste,

-Chung
edit on 1-9-2011 by ChungTsuU because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
4.7 Earthquake listed in Utah with nearly simultaneous 2.9 in California. These occurred 8 minutes after the 7.1 in Alaska. The Utah quake disappeared from USGS within 30 minutes but can still be found here: quakes.globalincidentmap.com...
GEE (which I only started using and don't understand) seems to be showing a LOT of activity from the site near Dugway. Is this military testing going on? Explosions from mining operations? Anyone with more knowledge of these things who can enlighten us?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by DataDoc
4.7 Earthquake listed in Utah with nearly simultaneous 2.9 in California. These occurred 8 minutes after the 7.1 in Alaska. The Utah quake disappeared from USGS within 30 minutes but can still be found here: quakes.globalincidentmap.com...
GEE (which I only started using and don't understand) seems to be showing a LOT of activity from the site near Dugway. Is this military testing going on? Explosions from mining operations? Anyone with more knowledge of these things who can enlighten us?

Yep i saw that too and now i am outraged that they are in fact hiding info now

new topics

top topics

join