It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

15 arrested in N.Y. Playland melee over head scarves

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by mike_trivisonno

Is that a talking point, someone else used the same "code words" in another thread that I recently looked at. At best you might consider them metaphors, but for me they are not "code words". When I say coexist it means I get to be co-ing on the existing, too. Co- doesn't mean one way, it means together, as in CO-operation, CO-habitation, and the best one for ATS: CON-spiracy.

A bridge has be to be on BOTH sides of the river (great metaphor). Multiculturalism has "multi" not "mono".

My point here...any of these cases you see as "code words" I see as valid words that can be mistaken by either side of an issue. In this case, if there is a safety concern, then I would expect that not only hijabs, but baseball caps, Jackie-O head scarves, toques, berets, 1920s style football helmets, dental-correction devices, fezzes, fedoras, Carmen Miranda Fruit hats, extra-large Vicente Fernandez sombreros, that helmet gear that kids with certain brain issues wear, and anything Lady Gaga puts on her head would all also be banned.

Yes, in that case I would definitely agree.
edit on 31-8-2011 by Sphota because: spelling

<< 1   >>

join