It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook want me to upload a government ID with photograph to them !!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

edit on 31-8-2011 by LadySkadi because: FB, blech

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

A lot of people have apparently thought that way and sent them the ID they require, yet have received an email eventually stating that there accounts are permanently closed.

Satisfaction has been receiving a steady and significant stream of users whose accounts have been disabled without warning or explanation. Some of them may deserve it for mischief of one sort or another. Many others appear to be innocent victims of FB’s unknown and unaccountable flagging systems. In all cases FB maintains a presumption of guilt, and provides users virtually no means to appeal or get information about the presumed offense. The distrust fueled by Beacon is being mirrored in this policy that indicates a flagrant disregard by Facebook towards its users. Users that are algorithmically flagged are given the runaround when trying to get even basic information about their situation. The lucky ones get their accounts back after a disconcerting and unknown period–but many never do. Considering that Facebook encourages people to revolve their lives around their accounts (it’s an email replacement! the only social graph you’ll ever need!) it is an incredibly traumatic event for each and every one of these people. People are freaking out because they can’t even login to download–let alone delete–the years of data they’ve accumulated.

Seems its hit your head against a brick wall time..

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Something I said recently in another thread...

Originally posted by BeyondPerception - Many may not realize this, but soon, your Facebook account may very well end up being your Internet ID - don't be surprised if some day they require credentials to verify your account. www.abovetopsecret.com...

I hate being right.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Reply from FaceBook to my email.

"Facebook has limits in place to prevent behavior that other users may find annoying or abusive. These limits restrict the rate at which you can use certain features on the site, including the message feature. Unfortunately, we cannot provide you with the specific rates that have been deemed abusive"

So there is a limit on replying to or sending messages. They wont tell you this limit and you know when youve reached it because they disable your account...

In other words their spam bot cant tell the diffirence between junk and conversation...FB is now a thing of the past.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by tlasalt
reply to post by captiva

I have just finished deleting my profile, It took 4 weeks in total to erase myself from social media no more facebook no myspace no anything not even a result from google.

Did you actually delete your profile on Facebook? As in erase everything in your profile? Because I have disabled my account, but have not found a way to actually delete it.

Kudos to you for this decision. It was a pretty easy one for me, because then you really find out who your friends are. They are the ones that keep in touch with you after you leave cyberspace, and the ones you see in real life.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Kevinquisitor

www.wikihow.com...

You should delete everything from your account (posts, pics. info. etc) before deleting your account. If you don't want to do this manually, you can use something like this:

suicidemachine.org...

ETA: Lolz- I just noticed there is a link on the suicidemachine webpage that goes to a .pdf of a "cease and desist" order FB sent them... I guess FB doesn't want to make it very easy for people to leave. Tyrants...

edit on 31-8-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Wow, thanks for sharing this. It would take quite a while to delete all of my posts from FB. I have gone through through old posts from a year ago, but stopped. I wonder how far back it goes... to the inception of the account perhaps?

After the novelty of finding your old friends wears off, you realize it is just used as a mass database for everyone's information. There is no reason for the government to get all of your info through a chip, people willingly put it in their profile, and even where they are, with who and when.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Guys, delete your accounts now. The Government is expanding into Facebook and will do this for everyone. Luckily, I still have a few puppet accounts, with no real one. If you see this, chances are that their trying to heard their sheep together before the slaughter.

Oh wait, you can't delete everything because of their retention policy. Go figure.
edit on 31-8-2011 by TheReasonableSkeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
Providing a government issued ID is completely useless for TPTB to identify your facebook account.

The government already has your photo ID and real name...
You willingly post your pictures online...
The government has the technology to identify anyone in any picture with your government ID, aka driver's license.

They know...

You might as well let facebook see your ID...it won't change anything and you can continue to use facebook.

This is true. But, this is a great way to tie your government ID to who you know, what you talk about, what your view points are, ect. Essentially it is a profile of who you are as a person.

Personally I am really not afraid of getting my facebook account closed. Rather than being the tool, I use it as a tool. I use my facebok to post some of my CT's and opinions for friends to read in the hopes they will wake up! If Facebook does not like it they can ........

As far as being singled out as a radical by the powers that be, well... I have been online long enough, done enough searching, and even had my computer shut down at one point. They already know who I am, so what's to hide. I am pretty sure my name is on at least one list if not a few long before I started using facebook.

Disclaimer: The use of the phrase "being the tool" in no way implies or is meant to imply that those who do use facebook are tools as well.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I too have Facebook and MySpace accts...I just dont do anything with them any longer, leaving them be.

Its sad that so many of us trusted social media in everything we do , have done or want to do.

To trust the wide-open internet...what do you expect? We never had any expectation of privacy. Its catching up.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

Hmm... Why would Facebook want to know what you look like?

They just did you a favor m8, though it might not seem so right now. I deleted my account when I saw this, pertinent question comes at 2:00;

Hell, I won't even get the discount at Barnes and Noble because I don't want a record of what I buy and read.
edit on 31-8-2011 by Ittabena because: sp

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Read it again people. I doesn't say a government ID. It says a government ISSUED ID. DL, State ID type stuff.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
To use Facebook for ANY type of business is suicide! Virus, bugs, stealing I.D.s, personal info....just because its become the thing...doesnt mean its safe.

The country was built on advertising yes...but the old way. To put all this and your hard work into starting a business on some social media just because its there and the "thing" to do...is foolish. You have absolutely no security and could lose everything.

Rent a highway billboard! One day, social media will crash somehow terribly...and so will all those businesses that have used them.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by captiva

Call their sales department. They are more than willing to contact you if they think they can make a buck.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pockets
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Bringing down FB only hurts the users not the owners

I don't agree with that, they would lose a lot of advertising revenue if the site was taken down

I do however agree with your second line

edit on 31-8-2011 by Pockets because: To add Con-tent!

It hurts ads yes but it also hurts the ones who haven't done anything. That is what I am saying

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Krystian

this is paranoia at its finest. i've never once had this problem with facebook and neither did anyone I know.I love this site but man do you all like to tell some stories.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join