It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan is Venting Radiation High Into The Atmosphere!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jadedANDcynical

Originally posted by muzzleflash

snip

Also, comparisons with Chernobyl are loaded as well. I don't trust them one bit. They keep saying this is "equal to Chernobyl", but that is so far from the truth it isn't even funny.

This is like 100x Chernobyl, and has the potential to be far far worse. There are over 1000 fuel assemblies at the Fukushima plant the day before the disaster according to various sources. That is enough material to create 100s of Chernobyl's in theory.

There are quite a few more than 1000 Assemblies onsite:

Caltech .pdf

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
So,in order to protect the people,they are hiding info.
Does that make sense?

Alarmist predictions that the long-term health effects of the Fukushima nuclear accident in Japan will be worse than those following Chernobyl in 1986 are likely to aggravate harmful psychological effects of the incident. That was the warning heard at an international conference on radiation research in Warsaw, Poland, this week. One report, in UK newspaper The Independent, quoted a scientist who predicted more than a million would die, and that the prolonged release of radioactivity from Fukushima would make health effects worse than those from the sudden release experienced at the Chernobyl nuclear reactor in Ukraine.

www.newscientist.com...

You'll die of cancer - but in the mean time at least you won't worry yourself too thin.

ARGHHHHHHHHH.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
There can be no doubt to anyone that something need to be done, atleast to confirm the severity.

I dont believe it is imposible to do anything good around Fukushima now, the damage may be irreversible fact, but if noone acts it will only grow worse.

Some one need to yell so loud that the msm and governments is forced to address the issue and act as needed.

Even if they all should be part of TPTB some of them got kids right?
There's not enough *spaceships* to evacuate all those tv-people and their entire families, so some of them should have some interest in the future. For TPTB radiating the world would be a crappy solution to depopulation, because if they succed they are forced to live deep undergound for 50-100 years due to groundlevel radiation.

Once theres the needed focus on Fukushima, you should start concider how easy / hard it would be to do terror against various nuclear power plants you find all around the world.

If a little water and a few electrical shortcuts can result in 3 total core-meltdowns in Fukushima, a airplane, missile or rocket might do similar things in other places.......They dont have to hit with fullscale war, it is easyer to let you die slow and painful from radiation, so bomb some plants in or around the US instead....(dont get inspired by this).

I'm not saying shut down the nuclear plants, but if you want to use such technology atleast make sure its protected and safeguarded in any possible and impossible ways.

* spaceship = deep underground caves away from radiations touch.

edit on 31-8-2011 by Mimir because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

So far as I know, the CSFP is still at about 90% capacity:

The dry casks are about as safe an option we have alregarding long term storage, but they are very expensive to manufacture. And as long as profit is a motive, cost cutting will take place.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

Global Regulation with teeth to regulate industries with global consequences. Proof is in the pudding, that industrialists and their bought and paid for government lobby lackeys don't do ANYTHING that they aren't required to do no matter how horrendous the consequences.

Self-regulation is a myth. We, the people of Earth, need a really BIG bat to beat people like these with.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Mimir

As far as the MSM and the government,also the TPTB, they all know and are aware.
Believe me,there are huge groups protesting,sending emails,making phone calls to only be ignored and pushed away like some crazy person.
But,hey I can give you many links to these groups and let you try.
I a member of a few of them.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Wow....sewage treatment plants are so radioactive they had to shut down the SEWAGE TREATMENT PLANTS.

Sucks for who ever is peeing or pooping in Japan.

Why did President George Bush jr. declare the Marianas Trench a "National Marine Monument"....which forbids ANY country from going below the water line?

My bets are on that's where all the radioactive material of the US/Japan is, or is headed.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
"We need to find a way to stop this before it is the end of us all."

Have you actually sat down and thought about that statement? What do you suggest? That we fly over and drop cheese into the reactors?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by daggyz
"We need to find a way to stop this before it is the end of us all."

Have you actually sat down and thought about that statement? What do you suggest? That we fly over and drop cheese into the reactors?

Yes,as a matter of fact I have and I am doing something about it.
Or,trying to.
Bringing things like this to the attention of more and more people.
Spreading the word a making more people aware.
What has already happened has happened.
What needs to be done is to stop further contamination.
Everything needs to be disposed of properly,not just burning it or dumping it into the sea.
The denial of the Japanese government and the massive coverups from Tepco needs to stop.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
A youtube vid on reported detection of radioactive isotopes in the St. Louis area after a rain fall.

I have been able to analyze the half life data from the high radioactivity 8/20/11 Saint Louis rain fall. The video goes into detail on the detection; how the source relates to recent events in Fukushima; and how this detection was different from previous radioactive rainfalls which had longer half lives

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

Originally posted by kdog1982
So,in order to protect the people,they are hiding info.
Does that make sense?

Alarmist predictions that the long-term health effects of the Fukushima nuclear accident in Japan will be worse than those following Chernobyl in 1986 are likely to aggravate harmful psychological effects of the incident. That was the warning heard at an international conference on radiation research in Warsaw, Poland, this week. One report, in UK newspaper The Independent, quoted a scientist who predicted more than a million would die, and that the prolonged release of radioactivity from Fukushima would make health effects worse than those from the sudden release experienced at the Chernobyl nuclear reactor in Ukraine.

www.newscientist.com...

You'll die of cancer - but in the mean time at least you won't worry yourself too thin.

ARGHHHHHHHHH.

It's like protecting your child from knowing he/she has cancer."But momma,why is all my hair falling out?"Momma"Must have been something you ate"
edit on 31-8-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by chasingbrahman

...eats lots of cruciferous vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage and all the veggies that endure cold temperatures) and rosemary.

THANK YOU.

...haven't been able to research myself =either. Help is good.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
To give you an idea of how much the US has received of cesium-137 from fukushima, courtesy of CEREA.

cerea.enpc.fr...

On their website the also compare Chernobyl.

Another good source for ocean currents and the transport of radionuclides.

SIROCCO has performed, at the request of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), simulations using the 3D SIROCCO ocean circulation model to investigate the dispersion in seawater of radionuclides emitted by the Fukushima nuclear plant. The model uses a stretched horizontal grid with a variable horizontal resolution, from 600m x 600m at the nearest grid point from Fukushima, to 5km x 5km offshore. The initial fields (T,S,U,V,SSH) and the lateral open boundary conditions are provided by the Mercator PSY4V1R3 system (one field per day, horizontal resolution 1/12 ° x 1/12 °). At the sea surface, the ocean model is forced by the meteorological fluxes delivered every 3hours by ECMWF. The tidal forcing at the lateral open boundaries is provided by the T-UGO model, implemented for this purpose by the SIROCCO team on the Japanese Pacific coast.

sirocco.omp.obs-mip.fr...

sirocco.omp.obs-mip.fr...

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
High levels of cesium showing up in the flyash of 42 incinerators in Japan.

High levels of cesium isotopes are cropping up in dust at 42 incineration plants in seven prefectures, including Chiba and Iwate, an Environment Ministry survey of the Kanto and Tohoku regions shows.

According to the report, released late Saturday, the highest cesium levels in the dust ranged from 95,300 becquerels in Fukushima Prefecture and 70,800 becquerels in Chiba Prefecture to 30,000 becquerels in Iwate Prefecture. But even the lower levels in the dust exceeded 8,000 becquerels per kilogram in Ibaraki, Tochigi, Gunma and Tokyo.

search.japantimes.co.jp...

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

A report on radioactive sewage in Japan. Wanna bet this goes on those barges and out to the Japan trench?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Aircooled

Hey,what's a little radioactive crap fertilizing the ocean going to do,right?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

A little? Aha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha. But seriously folks! A screen cap from 6 hours ago. It's raining again. This is 1 hour compressed into 3 milutes. Reactor #3 and 4 look busy.
www.youtube.com.../u/4/xl_9gqHMHm0

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

I like this comment from a response to this video from a citizen of Japan.

I want to apologize to foreign people as a Japanese. Though Japan is a developed nation of electronic instrument, they are serving only like this cheap camera's pictorial image. These are done by pernicious habit of cover-up by Tepco. Foreign everyone, please make a protest against Tepco. "Increase number of observation camera and make information open for all world!"

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Reactor #3 May 27th, above. August 26th below. You'd think this would be news worthy?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

The exact same debris 3 months later.

At least the picture is better and they now have a crane attached to it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join