It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fact or Fiction? You already decided.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

My overall concept is how people are LIVING as if the conspiracies put forth in movies are truths, when in most cases they're not. You all have made great contributions. Further example - we've all heard of reptilians and draconians, yes? What ATSer has not? How many of them saw the movie Enemy Mine (1985) Louis Gossett, Jr. in the role of Jeriba "Jerry" Shigan, who was a Dracon, from the planet Draco. And OBVIOUSLY a reptilian.

Enemy mine is an excellent movie.I love it.I first saw it when i was very young,but i hold it dear to my heart.Years later when i started learning about reptilians ,it was the first movie that i saw again.

Simon Pegg is totally lurking this forum ....

That was i was thinking when i saw the movie.Everything i read everyday in here was in the script.Especially the part with the Christian girl and the aliens are demons speech.I'm sure i have read it in here like a 100 times

Paul is one of the best movies i saw this year.I hope Simon Pegg will write more movies like this one,we need it with all the trash that's coming out lately.

reply to post by KilgoreTrout

Alan Moore doesn't associate himself with the movies at all, but they are good, in their own right. Moore in his pure form is of course something close to a prophet and should be approached as such.

Alan Moore is a very strange man.I don't read comic anymore but his work is like reading a good conspiracy/philosophy book.So many hidden truths and messages.They blow your mind away.Even in the movies they made based on his work,they were smart enough not to destroy the message.In a way we live in the world he created.You are right maybe he is a prophet.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I absolutely LOVE the fight scene in "They Live"

"Put the glasses on.."

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I agree with o.p.

its all just a distraction

thats how i view this.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by KilgoreTrout

Yeah didn't he hand over the royalties to the artists involved in the comics, you've got to admire the mans principles. As for the rest of your post, i couldn't agree more.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I would like to share with you some thoughts i had on the tv show Angel.I had seen the first two seasons ages ago and i decided to watch the rest.I finished and while i was watching my paranoid self made some notes on the plot...

If you haven't watched it the good guys are Angel(the good vampire from Buffy) and his "gang" and the higher power that they work for are the Powers That Be,higher beings fighting for the good of humanity.The bad guys is a law firm in this dimension,with connections in hell.

Anyway,what hit me is that TPTB are presenting themselves as good.Every good conspiracy theorist knows that in our world TPTB are the evil masterminds behind everything,but with this show they tried to put on their good face,so anyone who isn't into conspiracies when hear The powers that be,will connect it with good.

Am i getting too paranoid here people?
----------------------------------------------------------------
I also watched Hot Fuzz again,with Simon Pegg(Spoilers follow).Have you noticed that the secret village council is called NWA (instead of NWO) and they kill everyone who is not following their orders and destroys the harmony of the village.The village is a utopia and everyone who doesn't accept law and order just vanishes.
I really think Simon Pegg is into conspiracies and he is smart enough to cover the whole thing with the comedy mask.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom traveller
I really think Simon Pegg is into conspiracies and he is smart enough to cover the whole thing with the comedy mask.

I agree totally

Simon if you're reading this
I LOVE YOU MAN!!!!! not in a creepy stalker way

the more movies I see, the more that are recommended to me, etc, etc..... the more I'm convinced most conspiracy theorist have it backwards

they're making these movies to appeal to a certain type of person - they're not trying to tell us anything - its all designed to keep us busy, thinking about irrelevant things, and to make money

I only watched "Angel" briefly, I was a "Spike" fan

Conclusively, in conclusion, none of this is new or news.

Before we could walk upright as a species, we been working our imaginations to the brink of insanity.
And there's PLENTY of insanity to go around.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

they're making these movies to appeal to a certain type of person - they're not trying to tell us anything - its all designed to keep us busy, thinking about irrelevant things, and to make mone

I have this feeling that they either communicate with each other with the movies or it's a show of power to try to scare those who search for stuff or we are all too paranoid and too suspicious with everything.(i know i am
)

I only watched "Angel" briefly, I was a "Spike" fan

You too....Same here.Spike was the best character in both Buffy and Angel.
To be honest the more i watched the show,the more i disliked Angel.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Me three. Angel is either very good or very bad. No grey area. Spike, on the otherhand, is always conflicted, whether he has a 'soul' or not.

But then he was a poet. Before. Poets and vampires have a great deal in common, if you think about it.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by KilgoreTrout

Me three. Angel is either very good or very bad. No grey area. Spike, on the otherhand, is always conflicted, whether he has a 'soul' or not.

But then he was a poet. Before. Poets and vampires have a great deal in common, if you think about it.

I like that idea - that its the conflict that was attractive. I think you hit the nail on the head.
Its a great metaphor for some of the people who frequent this site. Doesnt matter what the truth is, as long as the conflict is fun. (oops, my rant might be leaking over to this thread, I digress)

My favorite Spike line: "I may be love's b_ _ _ _, but at least I'm man enough to admit it."

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Forevever
some youtuber actually spliced them together

You mean this video

edit on 22-10-2011 by spoor because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by spoor

yer link failed

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Another I saw recently, REALLY interesting. I'd never heard of it and I had nothing else to watch that night. It had Claire Danes and the on-screen description only said "A man finds out his wife has been cloned", so I gave it a look - I had NO IDEA what was coming

It's All About Love (2003) Claire Danes/Joaquin Pheonix/Sean Penn

It's All About Love is the story of two lovers and their attempts to save their relationship in a near-future world on the brink of cosmic collapse. John, and world-famous ice skating star, Elena, are about to sign divorce papers when they realise that, in spite of everything happening around them, their love is worth fighting for. It's All About Love is a fresh take on modern love and future life as two lovers struggle in a conspiracy of epic proportions.

What was really interesting, and the first thing I noticed, was the dead bodies... Coming out of the airport they were stepping over dead people like it was the most normal thing in the world. Then throughout the movie, there were comments about viruses, and climate change, but they never really addressed what was going on in the background. The forefront of the plot was this man found out his wife was cloned. I don't want to give away too much....

I can imagine your everyday, ordinary individual seeing this movie, and not even noticing the apocalyptic events in the background until the end - and THEY STILL do not address them.

It was pretty awesome, and I need to watch it again. I'm positive I missed something, even though after I saw them stepping over dead bodies, I was looking for it.

I just want to highly recommend it to you crowd. I think you'll appreciate it as much as I did ♥

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Forevever
I like that idea - that its the conflict that was attractive. I think you hit the nail on the head.
Its a great metaphor for some of the people who frequent this site. Doesnt matter what the truth is, as long as the conflict is fun. (oops, my rant might be leaking over to this thread, I digress)

My favorite Spike line: "I may be love's b_ _ _ _, but at least I'm man enough to admit it."

I don't think Spike was more attractive, he was just, out of the vampires, the most interesting because he seemed to not enjoying being 'bad' as much as he thought he would, found it boring when things came too easy, and eventually wanted respect that was earned, not expected or enforced. I love a good redemption cycle, but throughout it all there was an underlying need to be of use or purpose to something, be it Drusilla or Buffy, that shows a fundamental need to be led. That is a common conflict, that most on some level can relate too. Angel isn't 'real' in that respect, more of a Ted Bundy if you like, and best avoided.

Personally, I always found Oz the most attractive, like that.

Still waters run deep

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join