It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Congress Paid Enough?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by GoalPoster

GP that is the very definition of awesome.

2nd line.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by theXammux
Oh, how adorably clever of you! I think the message is understandable enough, despite by general apathy toward grammar and spelling. I guess I didn't expect my thoughts to be so difficult to translate through the sea of spelling errors I didn't bother to correct, and lack of proper capitalization. In the future, I will do my utmost to remember that some have difficulty understanding what I'm trying to say without proper grammar to guide them.

tank yu so muhc for shwoeeng me my mitsayke

My profuse apologies. I didn't mean to turn this into a personal flame war.

Yes your message was comprehensible but what really grinds my gears is a lack of respect for the English language.

Sure I may use shrthnd or txtng when on a mobile phone with my friends but when posting on ATS, I try to use proper grammar, punctuation and English for those of us who have to babelfish or Google.translate what in the hell you are trying to say..

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by theXammux
Oh, how adorably clever of you! I think the message is understandable enough, despite by general apathy toward grammar and spelling. I guess I didn't expect my thoughts to be so difficult to translate through the sea of spelling errors I didn't bother to correct, and lack of proper capitalization. In the future, I will do my utmost to remember that some have difficulty understanding what I'm trying to say without proper grammar to guide them.

tank yu so muhc for shwoeeng me my mitsayke

My apologies for taking so long to reply to your well thought out and constructed post. I had to consult several online translators before I truly got the tone and inflection of your words.

Please forgive my English as it is not my first language. Thank you.
edit on 30-8-2011 by survivalstation because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
lol yeah, I'm an ass and I tend to get carried away. Despite my being an ass, your point is conceded and it often gets my goat as well, when posts are so misspelled or otherwise incomprehensible that you spend 10 minutes trying to decode what was written and another 20 minutes wishing you had spent those 10 huffing paint fumes instead. So sorry if I got a bit carried away. lol

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by theXammux

No worries mate. You're somewhat green around here but that's OK, fresh meat is good. You started a good thread but got derailed.

Back on track, I think we both can agree if the U.S. Congress paid us $174K per year, we would do a better job than those mutts they have there now.

Cheers.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by survivalstation
Uh, Yeah. Correct you capitalization, spelling and grammar and I'll come back to grade you essay again. No need to thank me, I give all my students the same opportunity..

You might want to use "your" instead of "you". Extra credit points if you can tell me why.

I don't think Congress should have a base salary so high, but they do require a salary as it is a job. I get paid, you get paid, they should get paid. However, as D.C. is the seat of Congress and they are required to be present, it's difficult at best to hold another job besides that one, and the cost of living in and around D.C. is pretty steep. There's no good solution.

/TOA

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Of course congress is not paid enough? For the executive decisions they make every day and the sacrifices they give this country...

As it is they and their families have to have to ride in military planes with just the military with them...

Due to the nature of being away from home all the time they are forced to seek comfort in the arms of others...

Then your constant groups and organizations continually putting money in your hand... Why from all the lunches they buy you... Do you know how hard it is to stay in shape?

Then your so called ungrateful constituents decide that this is a democracy and bombard your overwhelmed office with uneducated suggestions and biased uninformed complaints...

Not to mention the internal competition and turfs of much more established representatives...Why you cant even trust your own pages...

Then their is the fact you only have three assistant to run an office....

Then the stress of having to prepare to run again in your district..

All of this for a pension that is only guaranteed in the five hundred thousand a year range

The base pay should be at least a cool million a year for all this hard work.... with at least a million a year in pension

Please support your government... We need your help in this...

Well ats come on.. all of you who believe my above statements as true... please help me convince the other members of ATS that this is the truth...

just follow this link for the story
Are members of congress getting paid enough

and post your name and address in the comments area so that your fellow americans can contact you so you can counsel them on the need to support your government and her dict... er i mean leaders....

Tell them that Kent Walls sent you for your government approved commodity bonus...

edit on 30-8-2011 by ripcontrol because: our poor rulers need money can you spare a kidney

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join