It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something I spotted in the background of a Sky News story!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
As the title reads. They were talking to their foreign correspondent in Libya about the rebels securing Tripoli. In the footage he (Stuart Ramsey) is standing on a street with the rebels all around shooting their kalashnykovs into the air and moving heavy weapons. Then, out of a garage on the same street came a Toyota flat bed truck with an AA gun in the back towing a heavy artillery piece I think. But, that's not the interesting bit......

I just noticed that the driver and passenger of the truck, who were both wearing head towels and dressed in rebel garb were in fact western. And by western I mean white. No doubt in my mind. By their faces which I could easily see due to the wonders of Sky plus.

PICS!!!! It happened!

PICS!!!! It happened!

Theres the link to them. It was easier to do that rather than post them here. I don't know how.... Can someone help us out with that. What you think?????
edit on 28-8-2011 by TuXXXeR because: Found the pics...!

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I would guess.....SAS.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
You can't blame NATO forces if they aren't obvious NATO forces. ie as far as anyone can prove, these are rebel forces, or civilians, whoever NATO needs it to be at the time.

Thats whats odd, with all the lying and straight out confusion, nobody can say for sure who is responsible for the inhumanities. Because, noone knows for sure what side any of the bodies are from.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

Agreed. There is undoubtedly a substantial presence of western special forces. We've been training, arming, and advising the rebels, and now we're keeping an eye on weapons stockpiles and the players in the nascent government. We don't want the weapons to fall into unfriendly hands, and we want to have contacts and influence on the ground as the Libyans decide foreign policy and the fate of their oil.

Planning for Mermaid Dawn - Mermaid is the Libyan nickname for Tripoli - began three months earlier when groups of young male volunteers left their homes in Tripoli and travelled to Benghazi to learn the art of insurgent warfare from an international force of covert units composed of the British SAS and MI6 agents and troops from the French, Qatar and United Arab Emirates special forces.

As well as training the rebels, the British government also covertly supplied 1,000 sets of body armour, advanced telecommunications equipment and night vision goggles.

For weeks on end the Libyan volunteers were taught weapon training, street fighting and sabotage in a series of disused compounds across the city. While the rebels trained, hundreds of weapons, tons of ammunition and communications equipment were smuggled into Tripoli and hidden in secret arms dumps.

The plan for capturing the city were drawn up by rebel commanders - they chose the targets and the date and time for the attack while the SAS and MI6 operatives were on hand to offer advice and finesse the operation.

Source

British, French and Qatari Special Forces have been operating on the ground in Libya for some time and helped the rebels develop and coordinate the pincer strategy, officials said. At the same time, CIA operatives inside the country — along with intercepted communications between Libyan government officials — provided a deeper understanding of how badly Gaddafi’s command structure had crumbled, according to U.S. officials.

The United States and its allies have also been keeping “a close eye on Libya’s chemical weapons stockpiles” since the conflict began, another U.S. official said. “Especially during this tumultuous time, maintaining vigilance on this issue is a priority.”

Source:
www.washingtonpost.com...
edit on 8/28/11 by OnceReturned because: 2nd source

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by alldaylong
I would guess.....SAS.

SAS or British born Libyans unless the OP or any other members of ATS are racist and think that all people's from the region are dark brown skinned

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
the OP's link opens this very thread in a new tab for me.

anyone able to see the OP's pics?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
ditto, the OP link goes back to this thread instead a pic.

anyways, north african Libyans are geographically more Caucausian and tend to have a chaulky skintone than ruddy/pinkish Westerners, who are 90% northern european (either irish and/or germanic stock).

afterall, look at Gadhafi

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
whats the crack with looped link op.
no pics just a link back here

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
No, I am not a racist. That's why I used the term Westerner which they clearly look... I had to say white to put it into caymans. I just saw something on the tv and thought it was interesting and decided to bring it to the fora of the world.

There aren't supposed to be Allied forces on the ground handling weapons in Libya. At least, thats what Mr.Hague says. Just thought it was odd. And it was....

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Photobucket...... Profile name Drjay3.

I don't know what to say. If I click the link it takes me to the page.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by godWhisperer
the OP's link opens this very thread in a new tab for me.

anyone able to see the OP's pics?

Same problem here as well. Maybe some one does not want that picture seen. If any one can get it will they post it here.

I may have something here. See if this link works.
s1117.photobucket.com...
edit on 8/28/2011 by fixer1967 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
PHOTOBUCKET.

ACCOUNT NAME Drjay3

GO THERE FOR PICTURES THOSE OF YOU WHO CANT WORK THE LINK.

It works when i click I don't know how to fix it for you....

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Intriguing and not surprising -

- But I still want to see this picture.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
That is special forces alright.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d9836ea90da5.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Just to throw it out there,

Not all Middle Easterners are dark/olive skinned, kinda profiling a little bit here....Just saying...

Also the fact that other countries have an interest in getting rid of Gadahfi, like France, so I wouldn't be surprised to see the Foreign Legion on the ground there helping...and they are very bad a$$.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6a7adeb99c7c.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springheel Jack
Just to throw it out there,

Not all Middle Easterners are dark/olive skinned, kinda profiling a little bit here....Just saying...

Also the fact that other countries have an interest in getting rid of Gadahfi, like France, so I wouldn't be surprised to see the Foreign Legion on the ground there helping...and they are very bad a$$.

You beat me to it!

You are assuming that all people in the middle east have a darker skin tone. I live in Scotland but I would never assume that all of our nationals look the same as me! Many people emigrate to different countries in the world

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
There are always people from western nations leaving their countries to join terror cells or other groups in the Middle East so it really isn’t that rare to see westerners fighting with the rebels, on a more of a conspiracy type note it could be Special Forces agents from western countries that are helping the rebels. I wouldn’t put it past them.

join