It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Strange Belief that just makes sense to me.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by SpreadLoveNotHate

Deja vu is a phenomenon we as of yet do not currently understand

Actually, we do currently understand it. It is a simple disturbance of memory.

Deja vu is an illusion of visual recognition in which a new situation is incorrectly regarded as a repetition of a previous memory.

Among other memory disturbances:

Deja entendu: illusion of auditory recognition.
Deja pense: illusion that a new thought is recognized as a thought previously felt, spoken, or expressed.
Jamais vu: false feeling of unfamiliarity with a real situation one has experienced.

Deja vu's have triggers. Often Olfactory.

Not much is written about these memory distortions because in the scheme of things, they are rather insignificant.

We all agree on one thing though. When they happen, they are very freaky!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by bftroop

I get Deja Vu a lot, or used to. I even had one last week, and its usually the ones were you can see the next series of events usually up to a couple of minutes or hours into the future. Or about the events that will be coming up withing a couple of minute or even days. Or just the strange feeling like you did all of this before. And when it happens there usually pretty dead on, or with different variations here and there in them.

And it always leaves you with the feeling that you missed something. Or something is changing directions or you have two diverging paths in front of you, a fork in the road to sort of say.

I don't know if they actually have a purpose since all of them have been at the most of trivial of times and made little, to no sense to me. But you could be right it could just be a marker that tells you that your either headed in the right direction, or a marker that tells you that your headed down the wrong direction. Or anything in between.

I really cant judge which is which, due to always having other things on my mind, and never having the energy to really focus on it to get to the bottom of this whole thing. And it comes on way to infrequently and at the worst of times were you usually don't have time to think on it, or your focus is allover the place to really keep track of if it all and really think on it.

But now its kind of slowed down, I mean other then the one last week that I had. I think its been over a year since I had one. But yes it just leaves you with a weird felling and wondering WTF.

edit on 6-9-2011 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1   >>

join