It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Source of Windsor, ON Hum/Rumblings=Vertical Industrial Fans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I've been following the Facebook closed group of Windsor, ON residents who created the group to find the source of the hum and possible solutions.

One of the members claims he has found the source of his hum, and its 3-5 miles from where he lives.

This is from his post:

I can help you locate your nuisance noise problem , I have researched this low frequency noise for 4 years now, the closer you get to the source you will no longer hear or feel the vibrations, it will be at a higher frequency, to high for humans to hear, you will notice that the noise and vibration will be louder inside of a structure, it needs a receiver to be heard, a building or your body at times, I get severe headaches from these low frequency vibrations.

I try to describe the noise to others that are unable to hear it at first, it sounds like that there is a semi trucks engine that is running with a bad plug that loping sound, this low frequency vibration can be felt and heard up to 5 miles from the source.

Now for the source, you are looking for Vertical Industrial Cooling Fans, they are usually in banks of 3 or more with 6 large electric fan motors in each bank, these cooling fan banks are very large, from 8 to 10 feet high and up to 12 to 20 feet long, with 18 fan running at high speed and out of sink, you will hear and feel the fans resonating, the resonating produces a frequency and vibration, they are used to cool industrial pump motors, as in water pumping plants, the same ones used at the Detroit Water and Sewerage Dept. in Detroit and at the Lake Huron Water Treatment Plant.

I hope this helps you find the source and shut it down for good.

Anyone who knows how these things work, or can find out the truth of this is welcome to add any information.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
good theory, but I thought environment Canada and others ruled out industrial projects in the area. This person is still speculating. he said "your looking for vertical cooling fans" which mean the source has still not been thoroughly inspected or identified.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by OUNjahhryn
good theory, but I thought environment Canada and others ruled out industrial projects in the area. This person is still speculating. he said "your looking for vertical cooling fans" which mean the source has still not been thoroughly inspected or identified.

No the source of the Windsor hum has not been identified. But he claims he has been living through a similar situation for a while now and has found the source of his hum. So he's urging other people in the group to go looking for something similar.

I thought that it might be easy for the government to find and eradicate the source of the noise at first, but if they installed new fans somewhere, and the government isn't looking for these things since the complexes have been there for a while, it would make sense for them not to find it immediately.

join