It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A General Increased Threat Level of FEAR Mongered by US Gov't & Media: The New Terrorist Norm?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
has anyone noticed that?

that the media & government seem to be poised recently to create an increased level of fear in the People. for the past 10 yrs, everything from 9/11 and all the other false flags therafter. through to the past week alone, from quakes to tropical storms, to floods and everything between.

what might be the purpose of such sustained levels of a Nation of Fear? conditioning for what.. Project Blue Beam?
mass evacuation? indefinite martial law??

or, is this thread a paradox out of my own paranoia??

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I think that humans have the need to take everything to the next level with everything they do. They always have to one-up themselves so every storm that happens is the worst one yet, every accident, every attack...

It's a human by-product. The media pushes it, but they aren't solely responsible. Everyone does it.

BTW I'm in the middle of Irene right now. It's pretty pathetic. But RIP to the people who have died so far, especially the child in Newport News.
edit on 27-8-2011 by havenvideo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
In all honesty, I think you are right on the money in your assessment. I've been thinking the same exact thing. From DHS warning messages to EQ overhype and hurricane preemptive overreaction, either the media and government are trying to make themselves seem more integral than they are, or they are preparing us mentally for the next big step in total domination.

I think it has more to do with the government and media realizing that the people aren't falling for their tactics anymore, and are getting more and more brazen with their lies to justify their very existence. I really don't think they have the stranglehold on people's emotions and fears, and a monopoly on information, like they did in 2001. That's why they must resort to ever increasingly ridiculous lies and propaganda...it's like we've built up a tolerance to their "fear drug" they've been feeding us for years.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Fear sells. Think of how many additional viewers these networks grab, think of the grocery stores that are being flooded by people buying up all of the water and non persihables. Leave it to man to make a business plan for mother nature.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
There is no doubt they are turning up the fear frequency. I haven't
watched television in almost 2 years and I'm still getting bombarded
with it. Here is an excellent video that depicts exactly what they
are doing. Horror Terror Horror Terror Nightmare Fear

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I just watched this video last week and really enjoyed it. There's a whole series of them, this is the first one. In this one Charlie Brooker discusses how television encourages fear in the average citizen. Most of the shows it references are from British television, and I found that this actually helps us Americans see it objectively. This is NOT a YouTube video, it is a very well-produced doc.

top topics

join