It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For those about to be affected by the Hurricane- First Aid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I did a search to see if this guide has been posted and I couldn't find an instance in which it had. It is a US military field guide, and is public domain, so there aren't any copyright issues with posting this.

We know how bad the victims of Katrina suffered in the aftermath of the storm. I wanted to post this guide for any of you bracing for the current storm, in hopes that it might help even one of you in a time of need, or perhaps it might help you with the skills to help another. This guide covers the basics of first aid. While it wont give you the skills you need to help someone who is seriously injured, it might buy the time needed to save someone's life with a little triage.

Dept. of the Army- First Aid for Soldiers

currently there seems to be something wrong with google docs. if the link isn't working, wait a bit and try again.
edit on 26-8-2011 by eightonefive because: link is wonky

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by eightonefive

We know how bad the victims of Katrina suffered in the aftermath of the storm

Ok, your actually comparing this storm with Katrina?

If your injured in this 'storm', go to the nearest clinic. Or walgreens/cvs.

If you evacuated, sorry for you. The hassle of evac will most likely be worse than the storm itself.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
You shouldn't worry about the hurricane, you should worry about riots and thieves.
A few windows may get broken and some branches my fall on cars and break some windows, the damage will be negligible, but people these days are poor and hungry and have entitlement issues. I suggest you have a baseball bat or something at hand to protect yourself.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
i heard on the news that police and ems will not be responding until its over

more proof that we are and always heave been on our own

when things are all hunky dory dial 911 a little danger and sucks being you.

i call irene preppers and survivalists credos justification for their lifestyle choices.

plan and prepare and take care of yourself otherwise you will be sitting there waiting for government to come save you..

good thread.

new topics

top topics

join