It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOOGLE Shutting down several APPS/GAMES-Law suit possible?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
www.sppaddict.net...

For years,thousands of people of all ages and walks of life have enjoyed interaction with each other while playing SPP,a game created by Slide. Google bought slide,promised all sorts of great things to come etc blah yadda ya.

Last month,everything changed. Some of us spent real money on enhancements for this game. View the situation and read all the info you find,as well as sharing it here please,and tell me here if you think we might have a case for a Class Action Law Suit. SPP isn't the only game being killed,with people's money stolen. Maybe a game YOU play is ripping you off,too.

Thank you,fellow gamers.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Another article..

techcrunch.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
And,the announcement thread in the SPP Forum;

superpokepets.com...

Now,some of you may think it's silly for us to be saddened/outraged by this action on Google's part. Think what you will. Just consider if a game YOU play,connected with friends and spent cash on for years was suddenly yanked away from you. I know alot of you play the big ones like World of Warcraft etc. Would you think it was funny or a bunch of sentimental crap if Blizz shut YOUR game down,no refunds,no return?

I bet you'd be out for blood.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Qouth The Raven

i'm sorry you are losing a favorite game. you're right, many game players think theirs is the one that matters and if you play something else well pffft. that's just small potatoes thinking. i person that can't have empathy or sympathy for another is either very young and still developing, immature or mentally unwell.

the more you enjoy a game the more you play it. next thing you know a year goes by and you're still with it. that is dedication. you could have learned to play guitar, read several books or pumped weights and developed muscles over the course of a year. just an analogy.

on FaceBook (i know, i know) i played a Vampire game for quite a while. daily. maxed out my team with 500 other players, the whole nine yards. one day, poof! they told us it would be gone in 1 week and it sure was. all that work, all that time. gone.

played FarmVille for a long time too and finally gave up after so many technical difficulties took the fun right out of the game. i was around L138, my farm was massive. Zenga sucks, they just can't get it together. i'm a broke-arse non-money player, so they could care less if i had a problem or complaint. thing is, it's schmucks like me that make it more fun the money customers. gifting, helping, etcetera.

i wish you and the other players luck in getting some sort of satisfaction. there is always ways of making things work when people are willing to do so. if Google does not want to support the game, they should sell it or donate it to those who would keep it going. especially an established game with many players that makes coin? come on!

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by LargeFries

Thank you. And there are several of us who will take care of it,if Google will give it to us instead of killing it off. I hate that thousands of us spent so much money on it..

Snippit from Administrator post to all SPP players;

"Is SPP going away?
No, not at all! We have no plans to take SPP offline - the app will remain available and online for the foreseeable future so that you can continue to buy and trade items, play with your friends, and chat on the Forum. SPP Admins, Ambassadors, and Moderators will still be here to make sure everyone is having a fun time on SPP "

I hate being deceived..Thank the stars for ATS!

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Qouth The Raven

Sweet! I'm very happy for you and your fellow enthusiasts. The beauty of the Internet - where voices can be heard by many. Happy gaming!

new topics

top topics

join