It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican governers association reportedly trying to bribe (Ron Paul friendly) NH GOP chair to quit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Rick Perry controlled Republican Governors Association reportedly offers $100,000 for NH GOP chair Jack Kimball to quit...

New Hampshire Republican Party Chairman Jack Kimball said today that the Republican Governors Association agreed to donate money to the state GOP – if Kimball resigns his seat.

The association denied the charge.

The conservative blog GraniteGrok first reported that the RGA agreed to donate $100,000 to the New Hampshire Republican Party to help with state races, if Kimball resigns. The blog said the Republican members of the federal delegation – US Representatives Charlie Bass and Frank Guinta, and US Senator Kelly Ayotte – would give additional money to the state party.

“The contents in that piece are accurate,” Kimball told the Globe today in an interview, after pointing the blog post out to a reporter. “It’s very sad.”
www.boston.com...

Kimball has appeared with Ron Paul on several occasions, is the establishment starting to get worried or what?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
Rick Perry controlled Republican Governors Association reportedly offers $100,000 for NH GOP chair Jack Kimball to quit...

New Hampshire Republican Party Chairman Jack Kimball said today that the Republican Governors Association agreed to donate money to the state GOP – if Kimball resigns his seat.

The association denied the charge.

The conservative blog GraniteGrok first reported that the RGA agreed to donate $100,000 to the New Hampshire Republican Party to help with state races, if Kimball resigns. The blog said the Republican members of the federal delegation – US Representatives Charlie Bass and Frank Guinta, and US Senator Kelly Ayotte – would give additional money to the state party.

“The contents in that piece are accurate,” Kimball told the Globe today in an interview, after pointing the blog post out to a reporter. “It’s very sad.”
www.boston.com...

Kimball has appeared with Ron Paul on several occasions, is the establishment starting to get worried or what?

This is good news, it means RP is making serious progress in this nomination process. This is just the beginning though, it WILL get ugly within the GOP

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I'm sure it will. It's good he didn't take their bribe though, and told on them. Since they're denying it, seems there has to be something unethical there...

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Something similar going down in Utah too...

www.sltrib.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

As much as I am in favor of Dr. Paul, what he represents and his candidacy, I think it is important to point ut that he IS part of the establishment. How anyone could think otherwise is beyone me.

How can a sitting Congressman be anything but part of the establishment. Sure he has been latched onto by the political fringe thinkers and is unique in his positions because he holds true to his word and is fairly intellectually honest.

But remember he is a politician and has been fr many years, a career politician if you may.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

By establishment, it is meant the status quo politicians who do not want things to change. That word is used in the articles, and people generally know what is meant by it. It's kind of a catch 22 isn't it? And I think it's kind of ignorant to say anybody who is a politician is an establishment politician, when we know what the word implies.
edit on 24-8-2011 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

so, have you looked at his voting record? or his past speeches? I bet you don't know anything about Ron Paul and you didn't even bother to see if he is one of the few Congressman who have NOT sold out!
edit on 24-8-2011 by fnpmitchreturns because: spelling

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Kimball oversees the primary elections in NH, seems to me they want him gone before the primaries, so they can pull some funny business...

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by fnpmitchreturns

so, have you looked at his voting record? or his past speeches? I bet you don't know anything about Ron Paul and you didn't even bother to see if he is one of the few Congressman who have NOT sold out!
edit on 24-8-2011 by fnpmitchreturns because: spelling

Yes actually I know quite a bit abut Dr. Paul, I hadnt really followed his career, but with him becoming so much part of the mainstream, its hard not to learn about him. Augment this with a few dozen hours of research and watching his speeches and he is quite easy to take quite a liking to.

I anticipated getting a negative response to my comment as he is more of a cult figure here n ATS and beloved by many. As do I. I even stated in my post that I am a supporter. But this does not change the fact that Dr. Paul is in fact a mainstream candidate and part of the establishment. It would be impossible to survive outside of the establishment and serve in Congress for as many years as he did.

What I like mst about Dr. Paul is that he is 100% the Constitutional candiadate. e loves and hnrs the Constitution as much as I do and wishes to see it fulfill what it was intended to do, and that is to survive and lay the groundwork for a rich and successful nation.

But what does it tell you about someone who loves the establishment of this country so much that he wishes to honor and obey it at every step? He represents the cornerstone of this country that has begn to falter and fall through the years. It s thse rebels to the establishment that has caused the turmoil that we are in now. Uncnstitutional laws, horrible economic policy. That is not what ut establishmet has ever been. Rn Paul will retur that.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Can't speak for the other poster, but my response wasn't meant to be negative. It seems we're arguing semantics though, since again, we both know what the establishment means in the context of this election. Most of the politicians are bought and paid for, and do not serve the people. I agree, as far as the established political system, Ron Paul is part of it. But, he is not one of those who are married to corporate donors that influence his policy decisions. They should be decorated like stock cars or now boxers, with all their sponsors on their suits.

new topics

top topics

join