It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Tea Party claims that they're not racist

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by illuminatislave
funny how Tea Party shills cannot stand to own up to or discuss the racist behavior of their ilk, so they want to deflect and derail the topic of this thread.

What about the racist behavior of the Democrat party and many of the organizations who are part of it?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

Sorry, I don't take the time to memorize the screen names of a few morons sprinkled into an otherwise solid posting community

seems like the TPers are upset about my commentary. Truth hurts, sorry if I struck a cord, but this is how your group is viewed and you folks don't do a damn thing to dispel the notion that your party is littered with racist morons. I know that there are TPers that are along the lines of Ron Paul and those people I have no problem with because we all have similar goals to bring some sanity to this country, but the fact that you guys want to sit here and deny that there's a glut of filth within your movement that subscribes to white nationalism is not only laughable but bloody dishonest.

Bring your attacks. I have no problem laughing at people who cannot stand the truth

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gannicus

funny how Tea Party shills cannot stand to own up to or discuss the racist behavior of their ilk, so they want to deflect and derail the topic of this thread.

What about the racist behavior of the Democrat party and many of the organizations who are part of it?

Ah, great point....but where have I ever denied that there are racists in the DNC? There are plenty of racists that claim democrat.

I despise the Democratic party just as much as the GOP and would love to see both parties burned to the ground. So lets not play this partisan nonsense. All of these parties are corrupt, and the tea party is right along with it because they've been hijacked by not only racists but by corrupt politicos and scoundrels that are using TPers just to get ahead.

Why not address the issue of racism within the Tea Party, WHICH IS THE TOPIC OF THE THREAD, instead of trying to deflect, defer, and try to accuse folks of being democrats. I wouldn't piss on the DNC if it was on fire for god's sake

edit on 24-8-2011 by illuminatislave because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Bring your attacks. I have no problem laughing at people who cannot stand the truth

And yet you spew lies.
Enjoy yourself.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by illuminatislave

That is what is wrong with you TP attackers.

You have no reading comprehension skills.

If you go back to my previous post, you will clearly see that I stated I wasnt affiliated with the tea party or the republican party.
Yet you group me in with them. hmm. Is it cause I disagree with you? Is that what makes me the enemy?
Disagreement can be a beneficial thing you know, as long as both sides have understanding for the others problems, the issue can get resolved. But if one of those parties fails to understand, then no difference can be made, and things just get worse.

And your post did not strike a chord with me, it just made me realize how much harder I have to work to make the morons of the world realize the world is not what it is made out to be on tv.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I think this quote in particularly applicable to the reality of the Tea party philosophy. If you think the following is racist then it must reflect the left's racism in it's belief that certain minority groups are unable to take care of themselves. That belief is true racism.

You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich.
You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.
You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift.
You cannot lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down.
You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred.
You cannot build character and courage by taking away people's initiative and independence.
You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves.
... Abraham Lincoln

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

And yet you spew lies.
Enjoy yourself.

Why not address the topic of racism in the tea party, which is a legitimate issue, instead of being hurt emotionally by my comments?

As a TPer, you should be more offended that you have people amongst you that soil your movement's name, not that someone on the outside is pointing out the obvious!!!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good

That is what is wrong with you TP attackers.

You have no reading comprehension skills.

If you go back to my previous post, you will clearly see that I stated I wasnt affiliated with the tea party or the republican party.
Yet you group me in with them. hmm. Is it cause I disagree with you? Is that what makes me the enemy?
Disagreement can be a beneficial thing you know, as long as both sides have understanding for the others problems, the issue can get resolved. But if one of those parties fails to understand, then no difference can be made, and things just get worse.

And your post did not strike a chord with me, it just made me realize how much harder I have to work to make the morons of the world realize the world is not what it is made out to be on tv.

When did I call you an 'enemy'? Because we disagree? Taking things personal now?

And I apologize for grouping you in with the TP, and I did gloss over your post to address one specific point. See, unlike some people, I can admit when I'm wrong, or admit the truth being presented in front of them.

Meanwhile, someone says "the tea party has a racist element in it" and these people stick their fingers in their ears and scream la la la i can't hear you. Ha!!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Do you know how many white people receive welfare, unemployment, and other forms of government assistance in this country?

Yes, I am very aware of that. Apparently you didnt understand the post.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

And yet you spew lies.
Enjoy yourself.

Why not address the topic of racism in the tea party, which is a legitimate issue, instead of being hurt emotionally by my comments?

As a TPer, you should be more offended that you have people amongst you that soil your movement's name, not that someone on the outside is pointing out the obvious!!!

Oh puh-leeze! Get over yourself.
The Tea Party is not some rank and file political organization that you can isolate and vilify.

The Tea Party is an idea. A concept of liberty, responsibility, freedom.
Some in the GOP, some in the DNC try to group us. To give us a spokesman orr to label us.

But it is an epic fail on their (your) part.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by billyjack
I think this quote in particularly applicable to the reality of the Tea party philosophy. If you think the following is racist then it must reflect the left's racism in it's belief that certain minority groups are unable to take care of themselves. That belief is true racism.

And here you are, spouting racist rhetoric.

Who has said that the left believes that minorities cannot take care of themselves? Where does the left wing go around saying things like that? That is a right wing position, stating the reasons as to why they believe that leftists do not want entitlements touched.

The fact that you associate 'entitlements' with 'minorities' instead of people who are impoverished, which last time I checked include a LOT of white people, says a lot about the thought process of yourself and others who represent the tea party. You give your party a bad name.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I love how the left clings to the race card like its the last life jacket on The Titanic. In reality, for the left, it is their last chance to stay relevant. They have to keep America divided in order to keep the African-American, Jewish-American and Hispanic-American voters leaning their way. Playing the race card is the only way they can keep their jobs.

These same groups that have traditional supported Dems. are wising up and Obama and the left are losing points with the passing of each day. So keep flaming the tea party with your inane rhetoric. It is only helping us to get stronger. A lot has "changed" since the 2008 election. Keep up the good work.

On a side note, I can't even begin to count how many times I have been called a racist on ATS just because I disagree with the policies of the president. The race card only works BECAUSE he is a Democrat.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

The Tea Party is an idea. A concept of liberty, responsibility, freedom.
Some in the GOP, some in the DNC try to group us. To give us a spokesman orr to label us.

But it is an epic fail on their (your) part.

Sure it is. Believe what you want, reality paints a different picture my friend.

The only epic fail here is thinking that your 'idea' is somehow separate from the GOP. Newsflash: You are not. What is being called the 'Tea Party' is now being used to garner votes for corrupt GOP politicos, and these same people appeal to the racist element within your movement. But you can deny and claim ignorance all you want, I'm just stating my opinion.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

*yawn*
Do you get this stuff e-mailed to you from the DNC, daillyKos, or Huffpew?
Because it sounds like the same boring, incorrect, mindless rhetoric that has been thrown at us ever since we stated that personal responsibility is a good thing.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
I love how the left clings to the race card like its the last life jacket on The Titanic. In reality, for the left, it is their last chance to stay relevant. They have to keep America divided in order to keep the African-American, Jewish-American and Hispanic-American voters leaning their way. Playing the race card is the only way they can keep their jobs.

These same groups that have traditional supported Dems. are wising up and Obama and the left are losing points with the passing of each day. So keep flaming the tea party with your inane rhetoric. It is only helping us to get stronger. A lot has "changed" since the 2008 election. Keep up the good work.

On a side note, I can't even begin to count how many times I have been called a racist on ATS just because I disagree with the policies of the president. The race card only works BECAUSE he is a Democrat.

And the right wing does not play the race card? Who does the right wing pander to specifically? White American Males. Stop this.

And I despise Barack Obama and I am critical of his policies. He should be arrested along with every other member of the three branches that has sold this country up the creek...that doesn't make me a racist now, does it?

Hating the president and hating his policies are great. The problem starts when people start attacking something else other than the man himself.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I'm not a democrat nor do I support the DNC, but go ahead and make assumptions. I'll just assume that you're a fringe nut job that hates blacks, jews and hispanics. See how easy that was?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

I'm not a democrat nor do I support the DNC, but go ahead and make assumptions. I'll just assume that you're a fringe nut job that hates blacks, jews and hispanics. See how easy that was?
You started your posts on nothing but false assumptions.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
hahah, not really I was just making a point about racism within the movement. TPers should be more proactive in stomping out that kind of nonsense if they want more people to take their movement seriously, because it could have been used as a force for good if it didn't get hijacked by scum and profiteers.

Anyway, no hard feelings I hope. But I have to call it like I see it

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gannicus
I love when you talk about Islam, you cant paint all Muslims as terrorists. The exact same people who preach that message will turn around and accuse all tea party people of being racist. Even though you could just as easily turn around and say Democrats are racists for organizations like the Black caucus.

The whole "tea party is racist" narrative is an MSM/Democrat party creation.

What is really hysterical is the "tea party is racist" slur is a Blair/ROCKEFELLER poll fiction!

The BANSTERS setting up another lets you and he fight and as usual the liberals go for the bait like a hungry trout.

The poll contained these questions about the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT and on that basis the Tea Party was labeled racist because they do not want the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT over stepping their Constitutional powers.

The answers can more easily be explained by a dislike for the FEDERAL government growth and a wish to tell the Feds to butt out than as "Racism" and THAT is exactly why the questions were worded as they were.

Don't you love biased polls.

Tea Party Distinguished by Racial Views and Fear of the Future

[title is based on the answers to the following questions. cv]

TABLE 2. DIFFERENCES BETWEEN TEA PARTY WHITES & NON-TEA PARTY WHITES NATIONWIDE

1. Do you think it is the responsibility of the federal government to make sure that minorities have job equality with Whites, even if it means you will have to pay more taxes? (not the responsibility of the federal government)

2. Do you think it is the responsibility of the federal government to make sure that minorities have schools equal in quality to Whites, even if it means you have to pay more taxes? (not the responsibility of the federal government)

3. Do you think it is the responsibility of the federal government to make sure that minorities have housing equal in quality to Whites, even if it means you have to pay more taxes? (not the responsibility of the federal government)

4. Do you think it is the responsibility of the federal government to make sure that minorities have health care services equal to Whites, even if it means you have to pay more taxes? (not the responsibility of the federal government)

5. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement: We have gone too far in pushing equal rights in this country? (strongly agree or agree) [again FEDERALLY mandated Affirmative Action cv]

6. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement: Our society should do whatever is necessary to make sure that everyone has an equal opportunity to succeed. [ Our society = FEDERAL GOV cv] (strongly disagree or disagree)
blairrockefellerpoll.uark.edu...

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

I got an idea.

Lets form a brute squad- we will call it -Team Racist.

And we will have this brute squad going door to door to find out who all the real racists are.

Doesnt matter skin color, all will be interviewed for racist traits towards any other race.

Do you think you will find more racists on one side, more so than you will find on the other? I think not.

Do you really think Political Party has any attatchment directly tied to Racism? I think not.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join