It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First responders not invited to 9/11 ceremony in NYC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
New York - Almost 10 years ago two planes flew into the World Trade Towers on September 11, 2001. Those first on the scene were the police, paramedics and fire fighters. They are now told not to come a 10th anniversary event.

Story

This really sticks in my craw, many of those rescue workers are now dying of asbestos related cancer from falling debris, and now theyre not even INVITED to the ceremony.

By saying the families of victims of that day are being invited but denying the first responders a place at the ceremony is saying that their brotherhood is not as important. They all lost so many as whole units ran into the burning towers never to return.

New York, you better wake up and remember WHO RAN IN FIRST!!!!!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
As I am from NY I can tell you, this is not a "NY" thing. This is a "DC" thing.

Frankly I don't think anyone from DC should be invited there at all. It should only be victims, fire and police and anyone else who helped.

It's kind of ridiculous to have the murderers present at the funeral don't you think? DC stay home!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by DerekJR321

New Yorkers then should be outraged!
They need to start making BIG noise over this, and MAKE the govt allow the rescue workers there

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Typical of politicians to take a dump on the people who really matter.

It's disgusting, and I for one would rather see the first responders then the bloated, egotistical politicians there.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Already posted on August 16th
www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join